Sabres 2015-16 Schedule

Hoss

I hate afternoon games so much.

I love them for obvious reasons.

Instead of getting a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings filling the arena on a Saturday night ready to have a good time(increased atmosphere), you instead get 7 kiddie matinees. I am assuming this is at the Sabres request.

I don't get it.

Pffft nothing stopping them to start the party early that day :D

Weird that we don't see new division rivals Florida after game 53 or Tampa after game 15.  Can't imagine how that came to be.

The afternoon games may be by design, if Canisius or another team (Beauts?) plays Saturday nights at the HarborCenter.  Now, NHL scheduling shouldn't take a backseat to these games, but it may be that NCAA hockey doesn't allow for Saturday matinees after playing Friday nights?  (NCAA usually plays home weekends consisting of Friday Saturday pairs of games)

Edited by IKnowPhysics

WTF is with the afternoon games? I've never seen that many in my life.

Weird that we don't see new division rivals Florida after game 53 or Tampa after game 15.  Can't imagine how that came to be.

The afternoon games may be by design, if Canisius or another team (Beauts?) plays Saturday nights at the HarborCenter.  Now, NHL scheduling shouldn't take a backseat to these games, but it may be that NCAA hockey doesn't allow for Saturday matinees after playing Friday nights?  (NCAA usually plays home weekends consisting of Friday Saturday pairs of games)

Or, NBC plans on featuring the Sabres a bunch with American golden-boy Eichel on the roster.

Or, NBC plans on featuring the Sabres a bunch with American golden-boy Eichel on the roster.

Nice thought.

Black said in the TBN article that you can force a reduction in the number of back to backs because you can't play the night before an afternoon. Harrington noted humorously that it might be to keep the kids off Chippewa at night.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Instead of getting a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings filling the arena on a Saturday night ready to have a good time(increased atmosphere), you instead get 7 kiddie matinees. I am assuming this is at the Sabres request.

I don't get it.

I don't plan on treating them like kiddie matinees.  I'm thinking about a nice brunch, hit the game, have a beer or two, head to [716] to watch some football, head to the local for some more football.  Pretty nice little Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Variable ticket prices have been announced.

Release.

Individual ticket prices according to game colors.

Home schedule with game colors.

Bonus analysis, broken up by days of the week:

vfF2bQo.jpg

• Platinum games are the home opener and the home game against the defending Chicago.
  • Gold games are mostly Friday night games (EXCEPT teams like PHI, ARI, and OTT), PLUS a Saturday night against LA, a Sunday matinee against PIT, and a weekday game against WSH (the Christmas homecoming game).
  • Silver games are mostly Saturday games (EXCEPT the Hawks and LA), PLUS weekday games against Connie McRancid, TOR, NSH (before Thanksgiving), MON (day before St Patrick's Day), NYI (Tux N Pux), and a Sunday matinee against COL.
  • Bronze and value games are weekday games.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really confused now. I thought with all these stupid afternoon games we were going to be on either NBC network ten times or something. Instead it's five and three of those are night games so wtf??

Ted Black referred to this as an experiment. What the hell is it and may it never be repeated again.

I'm really confused now. I thought with all these stupid afternoon games we were going to be on either NBC network ten times or something. Instead it's five and three of those are night games so wtf??

Ted Black referred to this as an experiment. What the hell is it and may it never be repeated again.

+1000

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.