Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

John Scott to Montreal for Jared Tinordi? This better not mean he's not in the All-Star game. 

It's a conspiracy to undo what the fans have wanted.  :)  Strange.. I had postulated what would happen if someone claimed him on re-entry waivers (before I was reminded that those no longer exist).  And then this happens....

Toews got his rep on the biggest stage in hockey.

That's why he deserves it and why he is not overrated.

ROR is a very similar player — best Sabre since Lafontaine — but until he gets to the big stage he is not even in the Toews conversation.

Bergeron, however, is.

This.  Very well put.  And the Conn Smythe is not a team award.

The Toews-ROR comparisons are great, thanks for the numbers. I am not a fancy stats guy but like to see them used in some conversations. ROR wasn't given the opportunity to succeed with the Avs like he has in Buffalo. I love that the big contract didn't cause him to get comfortable, he's taking his game to the next level and trying to drag the team with him.

I hope that ROR can win some championships to go along with those stats. Toews reputation is based on a history of winning. 3 Cups, 2 Olympic Golds, 2 world juniors, world championship and world U-17. You can be part of a great cohort but he has been the MVP of a few of these titles.

ROR is in the conversation for Team Canada at the World Cup, that would increase his confidence and may help him find another gear.

I actually can buy that they'd go to some length to remove Scott's eligibility from the ASG too, to protect the sanctity of their annual snoozer. I thought simply leaving him in the AHL would have been enough though?

Pretty sure the Yotes wouldn't want to be seen as the "bad guys" keeping him down in the AHL &defeating the "will" of the fans. They can't really risk the publicity. Moe-ray-all probably would also prefer to see him not in the ASG but won't catch any hit for that.

Again, lousy thing to do to Scott. It's not like the internet campaign was his idea.

Pretty sure the Yotes wouldn't want to be seen as the "bad guys" keeping him down in the AHL &defeating the "will" of the fans. They can't really risk the publicity. Moe-ray-all probably would also prefer to see him not in the ASG but won't catch any hit for that.

Again, lousy thing to do to Scott. It's not like the internet campaign was his idea.

so, does OEL get in now?

Doubtful. That division is already set at D. Could be Domi or Duclair joining Larkin as the only rooks in the game.

Hardly seems fair, OEL is the best player on that team.    It's 3-on-3, they should let OEL play.

The NHL should be ashamed of themselves. John Scott is an All Star. Absolutely no way around it. He was voted in by the fans in the system that the NHL created to select All Stars. Now they desperately wanted him out and asked him to back out? Pathetic. Arizona also apparently asked him to hack out which is also a shame, and they also apparently begged Montreal to take him in this deal so they could rid themselves of the situation.

He's also expecting twins soon which probably makes this situation worse for him.

Fix the system next year, don't punish the player.