Just once in my lifetime...

LabattBlue

Please! :cry:

It's going to happen. And when the commish hands that cup to Jack Eichel, all of us will cry. And all of us will rejoice. It will be a moment for us 1%ers that is only equaled by our first marriage and our children being born. It will be the personification of magic and mystique. It will be perfection.

My wife and I were watching the Hawks parade around with the cup and they mentioned how it's their 3rd in 6 years and my wife says 'that's not fair they've won it three times and your team has never won it.'  I told her my team has been around for 44 seasons, even the laws of probability say we should have won it by now seeing as there's never been more than 30 teams in the league.  She proceeded to laugh at me for 10 straight minutes.  God I hope Eichel is the answer.  I feel like we're getting closer.  If/when that day finally rolls around it'll sure be something special.

I was born in raised in Cheektowaga, but I lived in L.A. in the mid 80s and the Kings didn't draw me in. That was before Center Ice so you were pretty much stuck with the local team. From there I moved to Ft. Worth (prior to the Stars landing in Dallas), then Detroit. I was there from 1991 to 1997, enough time to learn the hockey lore of a Cup-starved original six team, and to watch their rise to the championship in 1997. We moved back to Ft. Worth two weeks after the Wings won their first Cup in 42 years. After following them for six years (and we still didn't have Center Ice so following the Sabres wasn't much of an option), I was a pretty rabid Red Wings fan.

The day of the game where the Red Wings won it, they had the Cup on display in Downtown Detroit and we went to go see it in person. Seeing it stuffed in the back of Stevie Y's Porsche on TV later that night is still an enduring memory for me.

But yeah... watching your team win the Cup is definitely something special. Through the wonder of CI, I am now solidly a Sabres fan again. I can't wait.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

My wife and I were watching the Hawks parade around with the cup and they mentioned how it's their 3rd in 6 years and my wife says 'that's not fair they've won it three times and your team has never won it.'  I told her my team has been around for 44 seasons, even the laws of probability say we should have won it by now seeing as there's never been more than 30 teams in the league.  She proceeded to laugh at me for 10 straight minutes.  God I hope Eichel is the answer.  I feel like we're getting closer.  If/when that day finally rolls around it'll sure be something special.

To make it even worse, 49 years of the SB, and nothing to show for that either.  :censored:

Edited by LabattBlue

To make it even worse, 49 years of the SB, and nothing to show for that either.  :censored:

Just a bit of trivia, all 6 times we were in the finals, 4 SBs and 2 SCs we were beaten by NFC East cities, NY, Washington, Dallas 3X and Philadelphia. Pirate time...... Arghhhhhhhhhh

Heh. I live in the belly of that beast.

The only thing Dallas area fans have to get excited about right now is the Texas Rangers. They lost the World Series two years in a row (prompting claims of being the Buffalo Bills of baseball by some people around here), then slid off the table. They were absolutely awful last year. This year after a terrible start they're doing much better, battling for a WC spot and have a chance at the division. The Rangers have a few veterans but it's really the no-names that are making this team good, and it's fun to watch them play for each other.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.