Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Change Grigs to Girgs and next year's third to Reinhart and they might do it.

How is that? So this year's #3 is that much better than last year's #2 that you need to add Girgs to the equation as well? Sometimes I think we look at the # of the pick more than the player. I wouldn't trade Reinhart straight up for #3 - yet alone give them add ons.

Reinhart, #21, Girgs for #3. Yes you are right - they would listen. And Murray would get run out of town.

Girgs and #21 maybe - and even then I would be apprehensive.

Edited by sicknfla

How is that? So this year's #3 is that much better than last year's #2 that you need to add Girgs to the equation as well? Sometimes I think we look at the # of the pick more than the player. I wouldn't trade Reinhart straight up for #3 - yet alone give them add ons.

Reinhart, #21, Girgs for #3. Yes you are right - they would listen. And Murray would get run out of town.

Girgs and #21 maybe - and even then I would be apprehensive.

I'm not saying they're equal in value, the proposal I quoted was laughable. If we were being serious about getting number three, we would have to give up more than it is worth, like the one I changed it to. I would never make that trade either, that's the point.

I'm not saying they're equal in value, the proposal I quoted was laughable. If we were being serious about getting number three, we would have to give up more than it is worth, like the one I changed it to. I would never make that trade either, that's the point.

Sometimes in here it is hard to tell who is being serious and who isn't. I have seen some pretty crazy trade proposals in here.

Sometimes in here it is hard to tell who is being serious and who isn't. I have seen some pretty crazy trade proposals in here.

You mean "Malkin for Grigorenko and a ham sandwich, but Pittsburgh better ask nicely or I might change my mind?"

You mean "Malkin for Grigorenko and a ham sandwich, but Pittsburgh better ask nicely or I might change my mind?"

Something like that.  But let's be realistic, they would atleast include a side salad in the deal as well.

So basically, it's all about those two big payouts in year four and five. If the Sabres could flip that cap hit to year one and two, then this would be a no-brainer. I bet the Kings, the Sabres, the Leafs and a couple other teams are turning the CBA upside down right now searching for loopholes.

Now GMBM said he wants a young player and a draft pick (pretty vague) for a goaltender. Not sure how much I want to give up for Lehner. He's not proven and has had concussion issues. I'd rather take Anderson. He's not slowing down any and has 3-4 good years left. I guess it all depends on whether or not GMTM wants to build around Lehner for the future or he wants a stopgap.

I'm going to assume this link has been posted already, but I'll post it again because I referenced it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-want-young-player-draft-pick-for-goalie/

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Taro, or anyone else, would the cap hit numbers be different if we bought him out instead of LA?

And how does the recapture issue figure into this?

It really seems impossible to figure out if there is a scenario where this works for Buffalo.

Garth from Hockeybuzz thinks this package would get it done fo the third pick:

Grigorenko

Hodgson

Big Z

He thinks since Darcy drafted Zadorov and Grigs, he'd be enamored with getting them. He also traded for Hodgson and Garth thinks Darcy still has a man crush on him. I want some of whatever Garth is smoking if he thinks that would be enough. I'm unable to post a link, but the story is on the Hockeybuzz main page under Garth.

Grigorenko

Hodgson

Big Z

He thinks since Darcy drafted Zadorov and Grigs, he'd be enamored with getting them. He also traded for Hodgson and Garth thinks Darcy still has a man crush on him. I want some of whatever Garth is smoking if he thinks that would be enough. I'm unable to post a link, but the story is on the Hockeybuzz main page under Garth.

I don't read Hockeybuzz much. But I think it is a mistake to overestimate Darcy's influence on the very competent Don Maloney. 

Taro, or anyone else, would the cap hit numbers be different if we bought him out instead of LA?

And how does the recapture issue figure into this?

It really seems impossible to figure out if there is a scenario where this works for Buffalo.

Haven't seen the details of his contract, so no data currently. If Chz or other hasn't addressed the q by the weekend, I'll look into it. (Have a few things that have to go out the door over the next couple of days, or I'd look into it now.)

A #21 overall, a #12 overall with 2 years development, a #16 overall with 1 year development, AND a rostered NHL vet for #3?   Way too steep IMO.  This isn't a franchise player we'd be drafting.

This might not be a franchise player.  It could turn into one easily.  #3 in this draft could be very very good if you take the correct player.  There is a 3rd overall pick right now trying to win his 3rd cup in 5 years. 

Just for poops and giggles if Murray maneuvered into pick 3 who does he take?

Mitch Marner without a question. 

Grigorenko

Hodgson

Big Z

I don't read Hockeybuzz much. But I think it is a mistake to overestimate Darcy's influence on the very competent Don Maloney. 

Exactly.  Darcy Regier is not the GM of Phoenix, Maloney is.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.