Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Bylsma's comments on Zemgus make me wonder if he's not a fit. I haven't been in love with his play this year. Feels like he's pushing it a bit.

Anybody got ideas on players with similar value? Zemgus and Gorges for Vlasic (LHD - SJ)?

I'm curious as to why you think that, I took the opposite away from those comments

Bylsma's comments on Zemgus make me wonder if he's not a fit. I haven't been in love with his play this year. Feels like he's pushing it a bit.

Anybody got ideas on players with similar value? Zemgus and Gorges for Vlasic (LHD - SJ)?

Bylsma sounded utterly depressed Zemgus isn't available. I doubt he would want to move him.

I don't think trading for OEL is at all realistic, but I do enjoy talking about it. I also disagree with huckleberry' thought that OEL isn't much better than Risto. I love Risto and think he's got a super high ceiling but he's not near OEL.

OEL is our wet dream for Risto's development. Guy is right up there with Doughty and Keith.

Edit: as for the discussion of what it would take, I'm thinking Risto + Reinhart. So no, I don't think I'd do it.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I don't think trading for OEL is at all realistic, but I do enjoy talking about it. I also disagree with huckleberry' thought that OEL isn't much better than Risto. I love Risto and think he's got a super high ceiling but he's not near OEL.

Pretty much. Risto is young, will be very good & possibly elite. OEL is elite and young.

I'd give up Risto, Ennis, & a 1st for him in a heartbeat. KNOWING you have elite vs possible elite is worth Ennis & a 1 (and probably some more). It's figuring out what the "some more" is that will keep that trade from happening. I don't see that trade happening, but it's fun to discuss.

The only way a trade could get worked out is if DR truly is as enamored of "his guys" as we've tended to believe and he somehow talks his boss into having as big a mancrush on Risto as he probably has. :lol:

Pretty much. Risto is young, will be very good & possibly elite. OEL is elite and young.

I'd give up Risto, Ennis, & a 1st for him in a heartbeat. KNOWING you have elite vs possible elite is worth Ennis & a 1 (and probably some more). It's figuring out what the "some more" is that will keep that trade from happening. I don't see that trade happening, but it's fun to discuss.

The only way a trade could get worked out is if DR truly is as enamored of "his guys" as we've tended to believe and he somehow talks his boss into having as big a mancrush on Risto as he probably has. :lol:

I think DR is more likely to have a man crush on Ennis. Ristolainen was firmly brought here because Kevin Devine loved him and talked DR into it..

I think DR is more likely to have a man crush on Ennis. Ristolainen was firmly brought here because Kevin Devine loved him and talked DR into it..

Whether the overvaluing is for Risto or for Ennis, or heck, it could be for the 1st for all we should care, it makes that trade go from "never in a MM years" to "weeeeeell, it is Darcy talking it up, maybe he can wear his boss down for us."

And to be clear, I don't expect that to happen, just sayin' there is a (not so alternative) reality where it COULD happen.

I would not want any significant moves by us until we have a larger sample of games to make judgments on. Thus far it has been better on defense and goaltending than I expected and I am happy with our forward lines for now. Yeah, we all expected more scoring but I'm not for trading any of our forwards right now at least.

I would not want any significant moves by us until we have a larger sample of games to make judgments on. Thus far it has been better on defense and goaltending than I expected and I am happy with our forward lines for now. Yeah, we all expected more scoring but I'm not for trading any of our forwards right now at least.

We also have some of the lowest shooting percentage in the league, which is generally a luck based stat that will normalize over time.

The way Bylsma juggles lines I couldn't even tell you what those lines are. ;)

The season is only 1/4 th over, we are 3 points out of a playoff spot.   The only thing this team needs is to find chemistry.

Moulson , Girgensons and Ennis look lost in their new roles.    New trades won't help our chemistry, we shouldn't do anything untill the trade deadline anyways.

We also have some of the lowest shooting percentage in the league, which is generally a luck based stat that will normalize over time.

The way Bylsma juggles lines I couldn't even tell you what those lines are. ;)

I don't really agree with this, we take alot of perimeter shots, we need to generate alot more High quality chances.

The season is only 1/4 th over, we are 3 points out of a playoff spot.   The only thing this team needs is to find chemistry.

Moulson , Girgensons and Ennis look lost in their new roles.    New trades won't help our chemistry, we shouldn't do anything untill the trade deadline anyways.

I don't really agree with this, we take alot of perimeter shots, we need to generate alot more High quality chances.

They are often shooting from good spots. but there is no screen. 

Well that depends if you wanted the link to work or not  :lol:

404 means "page not found" 

:) "Highway not found" always pops into my head when I drive past Delaware Rt 404. Similar thing with PA 443 (https:// normally uses port 443 by default to communicate), the "Secure Web Highway".

http://www.tsn.ca/polopoly_fs/1.396445!/fileimage/httpImage/image.png_gen/derivatives/default/in-tight-shots-and-goals.png

Liked this presentation. we are getting to high percentage areas but not doing enough to finish. Puck luck or lack of finishers?

A little of both, I think. We can watch games and it certainly feels like we haven't had a whole lot of lucky bounce type goals. On the other hand, we don't really have any snipers on the wings. Even a scorer like Kane (ignoring injury here) is a volume scorer. Getting Gionta the puck in the slot isn't exactly like setting up Stamkos, ya know?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.