Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Mike Straw ‏@MikeStrawWrites 19m19 minutes ago Cheektowaga, NY

#Sabres Update: Murray much more focused on trying to work out a trade than bringing in free agents. Told he was in on Oshie.

He has talked with CHI re: Sharp, but price remains too steep for his liking. Still trying to add another forward.

Where would we put another forward?  Guessing from his silence Murray is trying to trade for a defender.

Time to pick up the phone to Doug Armstrong. The Blues have $68.8 million committed to 20 players.

Id be interested in Gunnarsson who is an UFA after this season. Might be a cheap stop-gap.

Not a terrible idea at all!

@TheHockeyChat: SOURCE: There is a dark horse team in the running for Oduya.

Stars and Sabres are front runners. But it's down to 3 teams. One unknown

I regret having actually taken the time to look at that guys timeline to verify that he is in fact just another hockeyyinsiderr. 

If it doesn't have a real name then it's likely a bad account. No picture or name is a double whammy. Saying you have a source telling you that there is a dark horse is like me saying I have a source telling me Sizzle is going to disagree with something I say in the next month.

We are in the process of gathering facts and have no comment at this time.

....I'm picturing Hoss and/or Sizzle walking down a garden path carrying a basket, tossing mushrooms into it occasionally and calling them facts.

Edited by Robins Egg

Today on WGR they discussed the following ideas:

--2016 first for Byfuglien

--Ennis for Byfuglien

--2016 first and Ennis for Byfuglien.

The first of these proposals is a no-brainer for me.

I'm not so sure I want to lose Ennis, though.  I really think that he can excel in space and that he's got teammates to create it for him now.

--Ennis for Byfuglien

I'm not so sure I want to lose Ennis, though.  I really think that he can excel in space and that he's got teammates to create it for him now.

Isn't he one of the guys who had a beef with Kane? http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/evander-kane-missed-game-after-incident-with-byfuglien-reports-1.2946727

Sometimes i wonder about these GR guys, especially jeremy.  

Locker room chemistry is important, guys dont have to be bff's or all get along, but this wouldn't look good or be good for the room.

--Ennis for Byfuglien

No to all of them, Byfuglien and Kane won't go together all that well and I'm unwilling to trade 2016 1st seeing as its in Buffalo this year. I want us to use it!

I should have noted that the GR guys premised this upon Kane being ok with it.  They said the first step would be for Murray to talk with Kane.

Buttfugly had 60+ points from the blueline last year.  Do we think the Sabres are getting that with a mid-first-round 2016 pick?

I'm more concerned about salary issues down the road.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.