Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

it's malkin,there isn't much tradeoff. You're looking at Risto, this year's first and stuff to get him

It isn't about dollars it's about talent. Since he still produces it's not a cap dump. He has value.

For comparison look at the ROR trade. Malkin will get more. So start there and add better things

This. If Malkin were traded he could be the top center for about half the teams in the league if not more. In no way would moving him be considered a cap dump.

Edited by Drunkard

He was great. Until the game winner, anyway.

When the best player in hockey makes a spectacular play, I'm not sure anyone could be held solely accountable for stopping it. Just the fact he played 40 minutes is unbelievable to me. He's also one of my unsung favorite players.

When the best player in hockey makes a spectacular play, I'm not sure anyone could be held solely accountable for stopping it. Just the fact he played 40 minutes is unbelievable to me. He's also one of my unsung favorite players.

Oh, definitely not putting it all on him. 3 Blues were bad there. The guy who had his ankles broken, Shattenkirk for standing on Elliott's stick, and then Pietrangelo who I really don't know what he was doing. But yea, a lot of this is just Kane gon' Kane.

Can't make a trade after the trade deadline until draft day and then July 1st

You can make a trade anytime, but if you make it after the deadline, that player cannot play for you the rest of that season.

Cam Fowler was really impressive during the playoffs. That guy would be a fantastic pick-up if Murray can pry him away from the Ducks.

If he ever was on the market, it's hard to see him there now, unless the Ducks are shooting for better players than we would ever give up.

Looks like Vatanen is the most expendable guys there now.

You can make a trade anytime, but if you make it after the deadline, that player cannot play for you the rest of that season.

If he ever was on the market, it's hard to see him there now, unless the Ducks are shooting for better players than we would ever give up.

Works for me! But here, on planet Earth, I can't see us tying up $16 million (assuming a Risto contract in the $5M range) on just the right side of the defense.

I can't remember any trades happening before the end of the playoffs. Maybe switch to decaf?

LOL

When do we get him?

I want it now!

Edited by beerme1

For some reason, I thought the player was only ineligible for the playoffs.

For some reason, I thought the player was only ineligible for the playoffs.

Perhaps you are thinking of either the playoff roster deadline for AHLers or the December deadline for signing FA's?

The December deadline barring any use of the player that season.

Edited by Taro T

What're they saying about him?

So, when I went to hfboards, I checked the Trade Rumor forum, and the top two threads were two Fowler proposals, one of which was started by a Ducks fan. Now, a bunch of them want huge hauls, so they think he has value, and I'm only highlighting the negative comments here, there are plenty of positive ones too: 

"From a fellow ducks fan, no he is not a top pairing defenseman. Minutes played maybe but he's nowhere near talented enough to be called a top pairing defenseman."

'How many teams do you think have two defensemen who are better?'

"Plenty. He isn't great at anything and isn't good at much. He's above mediocre on defense, he's a good skater, struggles handling the puck, makes brain dead passes more often than not, is a liability on the powerplay, has a pretty weak shot... He's nothing special. Everyone is talking about which one of lindholm and vatanen need to be traded but fowler is the one that needs a change of scenery."

I post this next quote to show that Ducks fans agree that it isn't likely that Lindholm is available: 

"Pretty much all of us agree that Fowler needs to go at this point. Also, who the hell is talking about trading Lindholm? I would like to speak to them...rant.gif Fowler is a perfectly fine top 4 guy paid like a top 4 guy. He's worth more than some prospect, and thinking otherwise is kinda of ridiculous. "

"I was in the Fowler train but after watching our top 3 dmen this season and posr season, I think his compete level is the lowest and he should be the one to go."

This quote and response:

Fowler honestly was pretty poor today as well besides his goal (which was admittedly pretty big).

Yeah he was on the ice for so many scoring chances against (and has been all series long). That goal was huge though, it was nice to see his muffin shot get through traffic for a change.

That's all I've got for now, gotta get to class. They seem fed up with everything (except Lindholm) at this point.

So, when I went to hfboards, I checked the Trade Rumor forum, and the top two threads were two Fowler proposals, one of which was started by a Ducks fan. Now, a bunch of them want huge hauls, so they think he has value, and I'm only highlighting the negative comments here, there are plenty of positive ones too: 

"From a fellow ducks fan, no he is not a top pairing defenseman. Minutes played maybe but he's nowhere near talented enough to be called a top pairing defenseman."

'How many teams do you think have two defensemen who are better?'

"Plenty. He isn't great at anything and isn't good at much. He's above mediocre on defense, he's a good skater, struggles handling the puck, makes brain dead passes more often than not, is a liability on the powerplay, has a pretty weak shot... He's nothing special. Everyone is talking about which one of lindholm and vatanen need to be traded but fowler is the one that needs a change of scenery."

I post this next quote to show that Ducks fans agree that it isn't likely that Lindholm is available: 

"Pretty much all of us agree that Fowler needs to go at this point. Also, who the hell is talking about trading Lindholm? I would like to speak to them...rant.gif Fowler is a perfectly fine top 4 guy paid like a top 4 guy. He's worth more than some prospect, and thinking otherwise is kinda of ridiculous. "

"I was in the Fowler train but after watching our top 3 dmen this season and posr season, I think his compete level is the lowest and he should be the one to go."

This quote and response:

Fowler honestly was pretty poor today as well besides his goal (which was admittedly pretty big).

Yeah he was on the ice for so many scoring chances against (and has been all series long). That goal was huge though, it was nice to see his muffin shot get through traffic for a change.

That's all I've got for now, gotta get to class. They seem fed up with everything (except Lindholm) at this point.

Dang, sounds like someone better have had copyright infringement protection from stealing TrueBlueGED's posts about Bogosian.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sami Vatanen and Hampus Lindholm are both RFAs and both due for big pay increases. That may make Fowler expendable. I can't comment on his regular season play other than the few Ducks games I saw, but Fowler was really good in the playoffs on the top pair. He led the Ducks in ice time and what stuck me about his play was how calm he was on the puck in his own end. He didn't make the "panicky" plays when pressured. He really protected it well in his own zone and made good outlet passes IMHO.

Dang, sounds like someone better have had copyright infringement protection from stealing TrueBlueGED's posts about Bogosian.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

The Fowler Fort? It really is fun to read other fans freak out about losses and think man, if GMs were as reactionary as fans, the NHL trade market would be a lot more fun to follow.

The Fowler Fort? It really is fun to read other fans freak out about losses and think man, if GMs were as reactionary as fans, the NHL trade market would be a lot more fun to follow.

Unlike some other teams, the Ducks are not yet in cap hell, so I don't see them giving up any of those 3 guys without getting a boatload in return. I don't see us having enough without dangling that 1st round pick and I don't see GMTM giving it up. Someone in the top 10 is going to be hard to give up especially with the draft in Buffalo this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.