WildCard

I might be in the minority here, but I really CANNOT stand Doc Emerick. I hate listening to him and Eddie O. Plus Pierre is such a tool. I'm in Vegas so I cannot get HNIC and it really makes me mad. Thank god for the mute button. I think Dave Strader or any other national US announcer is way better than this crew.

Huge win for the Bolts tonight! Great third period.

Especially since chz pointed out his tendency to end every sentence with a player's name. It's all I heard tonight. Thanks chz.

I hope the Hawks break Tampa's necks to be honest. Tampa doesn't deserve a Cup over an original 6 team. Oh how I wish Zadorov would of pummeled Hedman when he had the chance.

Burn in Hell Tampa, burn in Hell!

Let's Go Hawks!!!

Nice try Wookie, I'm not buying your fake Chicago fandom.

I still think Chicago was the better team, missing wide open nets in a SCF game is a series killer.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I might be in the minority here, but I really CANNOT stand Doc Emerick. I hate listening to him and Eddie O. Plus Pierre is such a tool. I'm in Vegas so I cannot get HNIC and it really makes me mad. Thank god for the mute button. I think Dave Strader or any other national US announcer is way better than this crew.

Huge win for the Bolts tonight! Great third period.

I agree as well. I'm no fan of Doc, nor am I a fan of Engblom. Engblom's entire vocabulary are the most worn out buzz words andcatch phrases and Doc really needs to tone down on the excitement. When he makes a faceoff sound like somebody just scored a game winning goal you tend to avoid parts of the game thinking it may not be as exciting as he makes it sound. I have noticed Doc's workload was significantly less this year than in the past. I like Strader, Kenny Albert has done a hell of a job as well. One thing I do like about Doc is he has some journalistic integrity, he has a professional vocabulary. Very rarely do I hear him say any of the typical worn out buzz words. But his voice and excitement level just irritate me. As far as Pierre, I agree he's a tool but he is a hockey scholar. You won't find many that knows as much about hockey as he does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crawford has been far from earning his keep this series. No reason he should have missed at least two of those. That last goal was inexcusable. He made no effort to get over and make that save. His body should have already been in motion to get across the crease as soon as he saw the pass coming. But the puck ended up in the net and he was still guarding the post. The Blackhawks have gotten to the Final this year despite Crawford.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Crawford has been far from earning his keep this series. No reason he should have missed at least two of those. That last goal was inexcusable. He made no effort to get over and make that save. His body should have already been in motion to get across the crease as soon as he saw the pass coming. But the puck ended up in the net and he was still guarding the post. The Blackhawks have gotten to the Final this year despite Crawford.

I was going to say that about Crawford too. The last two goals were on him. Goal #2 he didn't close the post off with his pad. Goal #3 he over-committed to the skater with the puck and took himself out of position for the skater you HAVE TO ASSUME is in the slot!  That's Goalie 101. You don't play the puck so much as play what's coming. Goalies are always reading the play and at least have a sense where the other guys are.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

On that last goal Crawford over-committed to the side the puck carrier was on, but he knew there were two defenders coming. I would guess he was relying on those two to handle a pass, which they didn't.

Chicago just seemed out of gas toward the end of that period, out of gas for Chicago, that is.

Nice try Wookie, I'm not buying your fake Chicago fandom.

I still think Chicago was the better team, missing wide open nets in a SCF game is a series killer.

I'm not quite as much a Hawks fan, my father though probably would root for them over even the Sabres. So the Hawks and Flames, when I was little I liked their logo, have always been my next favorite teams.

Tampa Bay has been the better team this series. They are hungrier. They are younger and they are coming. The East has caught up to the West and it is showing in this series! I'm not so sure that the Lightning will be denied in their quest for the Cup.

Tampa Bay has been the better team this series. They are hungrier. They are younger and they are coming. The East has caught up to the West and it is showing in this series! I'm not so sure that the Lightning will be denied in their quest for the Cup.

Maybe they are fired up by media types (Tony Kornheiser on PTI for one) who declared the series over after Game 1? The Hawks have been the presumed superior team by everyone, including me.

I'm not quite as much a Hawks fan, my father though probably would root for them over even the Sabres. So the Hawks and Flames, when I was little I liked their logo, have always been my next favorite teams.

All good ! I was just heaving fun cause I thought you were!

Anybody watch the Derek Sanderson special that proceeded the game?

I watched the opening 5 minutes and thought to my self this will be good then fell a sleep at the first commercial.

Was it as good as the opening ?

I watched the opening 5 minutes and thought to my self this will be good then fell a sleep at the first commercial.

Was it as good as the opening ?

Yeah it was pretty good. He lived one hell of a life while playing hockey. It really didn't come off as a 'woe is me' hitting rock bottom type of story. He seemed pretty open about everything. He spent a bunch of time doing radio broadcasts and went become director of a firm that helps to manage athletes' finances. He looks pretty good all things considered, especially after the steroids destroyed his hips.

Yeah it was pretty good. He lived one hell of a life while playing hockey. It really didn't come off as a 'woe is me' hitting rock bottom type of story. He seemed pretty open about everything. He spent a bunch of time doing radio broadcasts and went become director of a firm that helps to manage athletes' finances. He looks pretty good all things considered, especially after the steroids destroyed his hips.

Well I hope it's on again so I can watch. He seemed to have one of those personalities that you either loved him or hated him, no middle ground. A kind of, no quarter given nor asked, for himself or towards others. Thanks for the heads up, there are these nights filled with a strange game called basketball. I need other programing options.

Hope you where able to make a Lighting game.  My sister lives outside of Tampa and loves going to games because it has always been a great atmosphere. She seemed to think the arena was filled with "second team " fans, as in like her a die hard Sabres fan, her second team is Tampa.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Well I hope it's on again so I can watch. He seemed to have one of those personalities that you either loved him or hated him, no middle ground. A kind of, no quarter given nor asked, for himself or towards others. Thanks for the heads up, there are these nights filled with a strange game called basketball. I need other programing options.

Hope you where able to make a Lighting game.  My sister lives outside of Tampa and loves going to games because it has always been a great atmosphere. She seemed to think the arena was filled with "second team " fans, as in like her a die hard Sabres fan, her second team is Tampa.

It's online to watch. Never got over to see a Lightning game, never even crossed my mind to get tickets. Probably should have, when is the next time a Cup game will be this close to me? It is a hell of a trip, over 4 hours one way. Panthers are my 2nd team here. They're a bit closer. There are a lot of "second team" local fans on both FL coasts, not to mention a ton of 'first team' fans from all over the league. Sure makes for an interesting evening when the Leafs, Sens, Habs, Rangers and Bruins come to town. 

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/watch-unreal-life-derek-sanderson/

It's online to watch. Never got over to see a Lightning game, never even crossed my mind to get tickets. Probably should have, when is the next time a Cup game will be this close to me? It is a hell of a trip, over 4 hours one way. Panthers are my 2nd team here. They're a bit closer. There are a lot of "second team" local fans on both FL coasts, not to mention a ton of 'first team' fans from all over the league. Sure makes for an interesting evening when the Leafs, Sens, Habs, Rangers and Bruins come to town. 

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/watch-unreal-life-derek-sanderson/

Sorry JJ, knew you where in Florida and I didn't look at your signature, should have remembered your previous avatar as you took enough abuse for it.

It's Neo and Sick that are in the Tampa area.

I highly recommend his autobiography if you haven't read it. 

Derek Sanderson: Crossing the Line, The Outrageous Story of a Hockey Original

You two are exactly what the problem is with this country.  Bad enough that we elected an Arab president.  Now you mock the training of our Ninja Warriors.  Our Ninja Warriors are important for the defense of our homeland.  They are the future TSA agents that will protect us from illegal saline solution smuggling through airport checkpoints.

On the sports side, these fine Ninja Warriors are species of athletic prowess.  They are not just athletic, but mother-###### NINJA athletic.  In future years, we will watch them compete just as past generations watched Gretzky, LaFleur, et al.

I just think the whole thing is small-minded.

And the Golden State Warriors--who take their name from the Ninja Warriors and who represent decades of graduates who attended Golden State--have an issue with you, too.

No one else acknowledged this post? I laughed at least! 

:ph34r:

Anybody watch the Derek Sanderson special that proceeded the game?

Yes!  Saw the whole thing and enjoyed it quite a bit.  I love that sort of vintage glimpse into the old NHL.

There is a documentary on youtube about the "Broadstreet Bullies" that has a similar feel to it.  That's good stuff too.

Been a little surprised at the series so for - I do believe that the winner this evening ends up hoisting the Cup.

I guess it's trite to say it, but tonight is "must win" for Chicago.  

If they can't win at home in a "must win" game, they aren't going to win the series.

I suspect they will win.  They outplayed Tampa for the bulk of the last game but the puck didn't go in.  Tonight it will.

At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it! 

I have no dog in this fight. I'm just hoping for a good, exciting game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.