WildCard

Hello,

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Anyone watching Game 5 tonight and interested in a  GDT chat during said game?

I would if I was going to be home. Gonna dvr this one tonight and head out 

I would if I was going to be home. Gonna dvr this one tonight and head out 

Damn you! 

Just kidding.

The DVR move is a sensible one for a young guy on a Saturday night!

Not sure anyone will post here prior to the game, but if you do...will Ben Bishop play tonight?

Darren Dreger tells me he will.

Damn you! 

Just kidding.

The DVR move is a sensible one for a young guy on a Saturday night!

Not sure anyone will post here prior to the game, but if you do...will Ben Bishop play tonight?

Darren Dreger tells me he will.

Not really sure why but the bold honestly made me laugh  :lol:

Victor Hedman is really having a great playoff. It'll be interesting to see who wins tonight. It just might be enough momentum to carry through game 6. I'm hoping it goes 7.

Well, until he got the assist on Sharp's goal he's been playing great. ;)

Just now having a chance to checkout the game. Crawford standing on his head tonight? 

Post# 2,179

And Chicago leads it 3 to 2! Happy w/ that. 

That last Chicago touchdown, especially with catching the kickoff off of the screen, really did it.

I think this question needs to be revisited. WTHell was he doing there?

I believe the answer is.. trying too hard.  He had too much compete.  A little less compete and he's not out in the middle of the ice where his players can run him over.

I believe the answer is.. trying too hard.  He had too much compete.  A little less compete and he's not out in the middle of the ice where his players can run him over.

Neither one was doing anything wrong, per se, but they clearly didn't communicate well with each other.  It's like a centerfielder saying "I got it" so that they leftfielder doesn't continue making a play on the ball.  I've seen that go awry with poor communications, too.

Neither one was doing anything wrong, per se, but they clearly didn't communicate well with each other.  It's like a centerfielder saying "I got it" so that they leftfielder doesn't continue making a play on the ball.  I've seen that go awry with poor communications, too.

I understand where you are going.  But look where Bishop is on the ice.  It's not really no man's land.  The goalie shouldn't be coming that far out unless he can beat the opponent to the puck.  The fact that Hedman had Sharp the whole way (and that it's Hedman) means Bishop should have stayed put and let his D make the play.

If it was closer to the net I might be more on board.  But Bishop is at the TOP of the faceoff circle.  Miller got steamrolled by Lucic he was at the faceoff dot and there wasn't a defender anywhere near Lucic.

I know it's been a pretty good series so far, and the hockey has been pretty good,… and I might be a dinosaur, but,… I kinda miss some of the drama that some more sandpapery teams bring to the SCFs.

I'm right there with you.  The series has been a good one, but it is almost devoid of physicality.

Hockey without that component is not complete hockey in my estimation.  

I know there is little to nothing the NHL can do about it(defense first strategy), but it drives me crazy when there is one offensive player crossing the opponents blue line, and is surrounded by 4 defenders.  YES!!!!!!! DId you see that 1 on 4 defensive play?  Seeing Kane, Stamkos or one of the other offensive stars smothered is much more exciting than seeing a great scoring chance.

...but the game has never been better, right Bettman?  :cry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.