Pleased to meet me, per the 'Mats

DeleteThisAccount

Things are relatively quiet here at the moment, but they will heat up as we approach the draft.

That "dozen posters" thing is an annoying fallacy I've seen pop up recently:

From the top-40 Sabrespace post count list:

* D4rk, Eleven, PA, Schrader, Inkman, Liger, Swamp, X, Blue, Hoss, Freeman, Weave, Drane, Labbatt, Taro, Sizzle, Whiskey, Aud, JJ, NS, Dudacek, Qwk and Mattpie post almost daily

* Chz, WJAG, DeLuca, Carp, Bulge, Bunomatic, Moulson26, Robviously, Bio, Claude, Kristian, Dennis, Physics may not post as much at the moment, but they all still have a regular voice and an identity

* Apuszczalowki, Bmwolf21 and Nobody have been quiet lately and 26CB has left us.

Move on to the next page and you see names like SDS, Webster, Bobsauve28, Neuvirth, Derrico, Wildcard, Brawndo, k-9 and many others who are regularly adding good stuff to the conversation.

Three pages into our 154-page membership list and I've already come up with 30 names who are posting regularly, as in most days.

There are many others — lots of good people adding lots of good stuff.

So you actually looked at the list and still spelled my name wrong?  I'm no longer a fan of you, dudaceck.

He also seems to consistently equate select posts from a few "Team Storm Cloud" posters with the entire board, and to have completely ignored everything else these posters and others bring to the table. Times change. I mean, has he read DeLuca lately?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with him that this place is boring as chit right now. :lol:

That's just because it's summer, though. If you don't like it make it better. Just don't complain to me that I'm not entertaining you,... that hurts my feelings.

?

The point is that when someone states an opinion that the core members don't like, you get attacked. Kinda like what just happened here.

He's thinks we are the reason that a hockey board is stagnant in June. 

Hey, it's not much livelier in season, outside of game threads.

He also seems to consistently equate select posts from a few "Team Storm Cloud" posters with the entire board, and to have completely ignored everything else these posters and others bring to the table. Times change. I mean, has he read DeLuca lately?

I don't read DeLuca because he's been on my ignore list forever. There might be one or two others. Surprisingly PA/FakeGorby isn't, but I've had the urge.

I generally like Promo's posts although he has as much of an agenda as those he decries. Its all part of the community and the reason I like coming here.

Thanks, but if I have agenda, please clue me in. I honestly have no idea what you're referring to...unless by agenda you mean me wanting a livelier forum here.  

Or maybe you mean me sticking up for Darcy when he was the fave whipping boy.  (See top of reply.) I guess the whole Soviet motif-thing goes beyond just souping up user names, huh?

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

The point is that when someone states an opinion that the core members don't like, you get attacked. Kinda like what just happened here.

I'd like to think that we just make people work harder for their opinions.

And the funny thing is, the amount of "attacking" that takes place here isn't even in the same galaxy as what takes place over at that pillar of sports talk, TBD.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with him that this place is boring as chit right now. :lol:

That's just because it's summer, though. If you don't like it make it better. Just don't complain to me that I'm not entertaining you,... that hurts my feelings.

And, apparently, mine too.  :blush:

I feel all better now.

Yes, I might be able to take you seriously again.

Thanks, but if I have agenda, please clue me in. I honestly have no idea what you're referring to...unless by agenda you mean me wanting a livelier forum here.  

* Not sure why your initial comment was an opinion and the responses were attacks. What's the difference?

* Forum liveliness is probably a direct reflection of the state of the team. They haven't given us much to get excited about.

* I could be wrong, but my impression has been a lot of your posts generally seem to be about the quality of other people's posts, or the lack thereof.

Edited by dudacek

I don't read DeLuca because he's been on my ignore list forever. There might be one or two others. Surprisingly PA/FakeGorby isn't, but I've had the urge.

Or maybe you mean me sticking up for Darcy when he was the fave whipping boy. (See top of reply.) I guess the whole Soviet motif-thing goes beyond just souping up user names, huh?

Step 1) Ignore posters who regularly voice dissenting opinions

Step 2) Complain about pack mentality.

Step 3) ????

I'd like to think that we just make people work harder for their opinions.

Stats or it didn't happen! :p

Or maybe you mean me sticking up for Darcy when he was the fave whipping boy.  (See top of reply.) I guess the whole Soviet motif-thing goes beyond just souping up user names, huh?

Bold: In this case, you voiced the opinion that the other posters here suck. That might be why you were "attacked".

I-talics: the last season or two: sure. Although the Tank thread was like 100000 posts or something.

Sorry to be so down but it's the truth. SS is pretty stagnant. New thread are a rarity. There are only a dozen really active participants, and they tend to dominate to discussion, and sometimes intimidate other posters. TBD, by comparison, is very active and the discussion covers the gamut. Here the discussion is mostly conspiracy theories about the alleged shadow management of the Sabres.

So stop being a cry baby about it and start an interesting thread.

You're the Buffalo fan that you complain about. Nothing good to say.

Edited by weave

Unfortunately for him most of our resident ladies are spoken for or far too classy to be swayed by a drunk Irish guy.

Hey you can hit on boys or girls on girls. We don't judge ppl around here... accept about hockey stuff... then we judge the crap out of you.

Or maybe you mean me sticking up for Darcy when he was the fave whipping boy. (See top of reply.) I guess the whole Soviet motif-thing goes beyond just souping up user names, huh?

Agenda might have been a poor choice of words but you definitely have a "theme" to your posts. Sorry, if you find that offensive.

Things are relatively quiet here at the moment, but they will heat up as we approach the draft.

That "dozen posters" thing is an annoying fallacy I've seen pop up recently:

From the top-40 Sabrespace post count list:

* D4rk, Eleven, PA, Schrader, Inkman, Liger, Swamp, X, Blue, Hoss, Freeman, Weave, Drane, Labbatt, Taro, Sizzle, Whiskey, Aud, JJ, NS, Dudacek, Qwk and Mattpie post almost daily

* Chz, WJAG, DeLuca, Carp, Bulge, Bunomatic, Moulson26, Robviously, Bio, Claude, Kristian, Dennis, Physics may not post as much at the moment, but they all still have a regular voice and an identity

* Apuszczalowki, Bmwolf21 and Nobody have been quiet lately and 26CB has left us.

Move on to the next page and you see names like SDS, Webster, Bobsauve28, Neuvirth, Derrico, Wildcard, Brawndo, k-9 and many others who are regularly adding good stuff to the conversation.

Three pages into our 154-page membership list and I've already come up with 30 names who are posting regularly, as in most days.

There are many others — lots of good people adding lots of good stuff.

This hurts, dudacek  :cry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.