All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

Oh well, his career will die in Toronto.

Seriously - that team is a disaster and years away from winning. Plus, they don't even have a GM.

Honestly, if the Sabres and Babcock pretty much had a contract in place, and he was deciding between taking the contract from the Sabres or staying in Detroit, and then Toronto came out of nowhere and kept trying to drive up the price, then if the Sabres just walked away they did the right thing. That's pretty crappy if Babcock told them last night it's between staying in Detroit where his family is happy or going to the Sabres, and then tried to use Toronto.

What if Babcock called the Sabres bluff and they told him "Fine. Bye." Now he's stuck in Toronto.

Seriously - that team is a disaster and years away from winning. Plus, they don't even have a GM.

Honestly, if the Sabres and Babcock pretty much had a contract in place, and he was deciding between taking the contract from the Sabres or staying in Detroit, and then Toronto came out of nowhere and kept trying to drive up the price, then if the Sabres just walked away they did the right thing. That's pretty crappy if Babcock told them last night it's between staying in Detroit where his family is happy or going to the Sabres, and then tried to use Toronto.

What if Babcock called the Sabres bluff and they told him "Fine. Bye." Now he's stuck in Toronto.

I think the fact they don't have a GM is likely why he would go. Assume both roles.

Say a fair offer to a qualified guy like Bylsma was 5 years and $12 million.

If I'm him, I laugh in their face. You just offered $50 million to a guy I'm probably better than. I walk no matter what. Go to SanJose for similar money. If you call back at 5 for $15-20.....ok, I'm listening.

Look at it this way.....Pegula just offered $5000 for a seat in the Club Level at the redline for the Stanley Cup and would be turned down. He comes and offers the guy 1 section over $1200 for his seat. Luke Richardson is up in the 300's and he will probably settle for that at $400.

Between Wawrow saying Bylsma could be a candidate yesterday, mentioning him the first time in almost a year.....and GR asking Custance if a team should be able to collect Revenue Sharing while being able to offer unlimited funds to a coach.....it looks like us stupid jerks with our jerky thoughts are actually stupid for giving up our opinions for free.

PA....maybe we should start up a podcast.

Bylsma can laugh all he wants and I wish him luck in San Jose, for "similar" money. If he's really better than Babcock, he should have no trouble getting Babcock money from somebody else, though. Surely, he can convince other teams as much as he's convinced you. 

You seem to be saying that no matter who we end up targeting next, that he will laugh and turn us down because we were willing to overpay for the best candidate out there and that we should be willing to offer the same overpayment to anyone else. It just doesn't work that way. 

GO SABRES!!!

Yeah, good luck getting rid of all those dead weight contracts up there...it really is a disaster up there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.