Chicken wings

JJFIVEOH

I have friends who just "go out for wings" like you could possibly make a meal out of that. I can eat 30 wings in a sitting easy. I would have to eat dinner first.

From the age of 18 until I moved out of NY at 25, my friends and I hit up wing night, every single Wednesday. 10¢ wings, $6 pitchers of blue. By age 23 the wings had made it to 25¢.

Those were the days...

From the age of 18 until I moved out of NY at 25, my friends and I hit up wing night, every single Wednesday. 10¢ wings, $6 pitchers of blue. By age 23 the wings had made it to 25¢.

Those were the days...

Must have been nice. Now we live in an era where "wing night" gets you the low low price of 50 cent wings. Whaaaaaat? Get outta here.

Must have been nice. Now we live in an era where "wing night" gets you the low low price of 50 cent wings. Whaaaaaat? Get outta here.

I was back home this past weekend. As soon as I got there I ordered a large pizza and 4.5 pounds of wings. Cost me $32. But then again, it was Friday night.

30 wings is a meal. 10 wings is a snack. If I'm eating 10 wings there better be an entree with that.

Okay. Now we're at least back in the realm of reason.

30 wings is a big frickin' meal. I'm guessing 30 wings is more than 2500 calories. Maybe more than 3000.

Sorry. I'm old. I mind my calories (or try to, anyway).

10 wings is a meal. For me. An indulgent one, at that.

Ps Put this in the Bills thread but Grevy's is closing in Northern VA. During the superbowl runs they had Charlie the Butcher with Beef on Weck and good wings with a goofy DJ. A group of friends used to hang out there every Sunday. Kevin Grevy was a Buffalo boy who made a name as a guard for KY and a shooting guard on the Bullets NBA championship with Moses Malone et al.

30 wings is a big frickin' meal. I'm guessing 30 wings is more than 2500 calories. Maybe more than 3000.

Absolutely.

Do you all have lap bands or something? 10 wings would just make me angry.

Hardly - but sometimes I fear I'm getting there.

I'm 5'9" (ish), mid-40s, and work a sedentary job. If I thought 10 wings was anything less than an indulgent meal, I'd be pushing 220. As it is, I'm working not to get there.

All hail the great King D4rk, who can partaketh in more wings than us all!! :worthy:

Actually I remember causing a stir on here when I bragged about eating 51 wings on my 22nd birthday (this was in 2008). That was an extreme act of gluttony though... :lol:

Here's d4rk on the right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCHKCPe_RI

Hardly - but sometimes I fear I'm getting there.

I'm 5'9" (ish), mid-40s, and work a sedentary job. If I thought 10 wings was anything less than an indulgent meal, I'd be pushing 220. As it is, I'm working not to get there.

I'm 6'-2", 205, so that might explain some of it. I sincerely hope I've been blessed with my fathers genetics re: metabolism. I'm holding strong at 29, but...

36 wings (unless they're mild, in which case the estimate is good) would be ~1,850 calories. Does not include the blue cheese nor rabbit food. Add another 80 cals / tablespoon of blue cheese.

(Oooops, was basing "30" off 3 dozen in original post, not 3x10. So 30 wings would be ~1,530 calories. :doh:)

Edited by Taro T

A garbage plate is about 3500 calories and I used to eat those regularly in college, along with copious quantities of beer. I was definitely less healthy, but I never weighed over 210. 

2000 calories worth of wings doesn't scare me much  :lol:

All hail the great King D4rk, who can partaketh in more wings than us all!! :worthy:

Actually I remember causing a stir on here when I bragged about eating 51 wings on my 22nd birthday (this was in 2008). That was an extreme act of gluttony though... :lol:

Here's d4rk on the right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCHKCPe_RI

Nailed it. 

I'm 6'-2", 205, so that might explain some of it. I sincerely hope I've been blessed with my fathers genetics re: metabolism. I'm holding strong at 29, but...

Oh, the lulz.

I'm not sure I even knew what calories were at that age.

Rock on!

30 wings (unless they're mild, in which case the estimate is good) would be ~1,850 calories. Does not include the blue cheese nor rabbit food. Add another 80 cals / tablespoon of blue cheese.

Wait - so ~60 calories per wing? That's better than I thought. I figured it was more up toward 75+.

Makes sense as well on the milder wings - more butter, yeah?

Hmm Im 6'2" 205 too but 52 now and feeling every bit my age. If I play hockey twice that week I can still do 20-25 wings, but thats about it and it is harder to take it off. At 29 I could think about excercising and lose a couple pounds. No I have to to keep them off.

Edited by North Buffalo

Oh, the lulz.

I'm not sure I even knew what calories were at that age.

Rock on!

Wait - so ~60 calories per wing? That's better than I thought. I figured it was more up toward 75+.

Makes sense as well on the milder wings - more butter, yeah?

Yup. My homemade which are deep fried to a serious crispness (but not burned or over fried) w/ a good "Buffalo hot" rather than a "Buffalo Wild Wings hot" (like ANYTHING from Minnesota is EVER hot >_> ) tends to be a bit over 600 calories per dozen. Of course, if you go less crispy & don't drain 'em right (so the oil really hangs w/ the skin) & a mild sauce & you can easily be over 1,700 calories per dozen.

You guys are killing me. I miss wings. I mean, good wings. I'll be making the colder of my semi-annual treks to the Great White North (Tonawanda. Not North Tonowanda, though) next week. Will have to hit Gabriel's Gate, or at the very least Duff's while in town.

Literally the best we can hope for down here is BW3. Which, technically can be called wings. Anatomically speaking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.