Chicken wings

JJFIVEOH

In my teens and early twenties I'd eat 20+ wings no problem, now I eat like 15 tops, and usually 10 or less. Although I normally have a small (sheet sized) piece of pizza or two with them. My metabolism has always been pretty bad though. I just started caring a lot more in my 30s is all. I found that as I was watching my diet more, I could eat less without feeling hungry. Over time my portions started shrinking, and I got used to it.

I tend to overindulge in my eating whenever I'm back in Buffalo though, especially wings. I used to love getting Chicken Finger subs from Johns on Grand Island back in High School too, but I haven't had one of those in maybe a decade.

In my teens and early twenties I'd eat 20+ wings no problem, now I eat like 15 tops, and usually 10 or less. Although I normally have a small (sheet sized) piece of pizza or two with them. My metabolism has always been pretty bad though. I just started caring a lot more in my 30s is all. I found that as I was watching my diet more, I could eat less without feeling hungry. Over time my portions started shrinking, and I got used to it.

I tend to overindulge in my eating whenever I'm back in Buffalo though, especially wings. I used to love getting Chicken Finger subs from Johns on Grand Island back in High School too, but I haven't had one of those in maybe a decade.

If you don't live in BFLO any more, it's a sin NOT to overindulge when visiting! Diets stay home when going to BFLO. 

Likewise ... when @ Buff State, 4 beef/cheese burritos from the Mighty was a staple after being out all night. Now i'm good with one ...

• 4 months later...

So I tried Gabriel's gate for the fourth time last week and nine eleven for the first time tonight. Gabriel's gate again was terrible. Ordered extra crispy and medium to make sure they weren't soggy. Again soggy and bland.

Nine eleven was perfectly crispy but the flavor was bad. Ordered medium and there was nothing but sweethe flavor. Ew.

I don't understand how anyone could like either place

I kinda love the wings at sidelines. Was in town awhile ago and friends talked about going Gabriel's but we were closer to sidelines, hence why I thought of it. They took a bit but were really good.

Never been to nine eleven and only had wings from gabriels once years ago.

If you don't live in BFLO any more, it's a sin NOT to overindulge when visiting! Diets stay home when going to BFLO. 

Agreed  :thumbsup:

Whenever I'm in the Buffalo area I go to town on pizza and wings.  Can't imagine what I'd look like if I lived there.  Never check the scale when I get home, because I'm quite sure there was an increase in weight.  Workout extra to get back to what I normally weigh.   

I kinda love the wings at sidelines. Was in town awhile ago and friends talked about going Gabriel's but we were closer to sidelines, hence why I thought of it. They took a bit but were really good.

I've never been to sidelines. I'll have to check them out.

We go there for our annual ditch work and watch March Madness for a day, and you're right I was pleasantly surprised at how good the wings were at Sidelines. I was expecting Buffalo average and they were a step above that.

They still don't hold a candle to my personal favorite Bar Bill, but I can't always drive an hour away for wings... :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.