Chicken wings

JJFIVEOH

Wings without fries is like pasta without milk. 

I nominate this for the title of the 2014-15 Buffalo Sabres Highlight DVD.

Everyone here who doesn't like blue cheese is dead to me.

It's a progressive world out there.....

Not only does it taste good on pizza, but if you don't eat the pizza in the first hour, the crust gets rough and it helps from scratching your throat.

100% agreed... I hate that sh!t.  It smells like feet, dammit!   :sick:

And now I want wings, too.  Curse you all!

I have never understood your second sentence.

Not just with blue cheese.

WTF do "feet" smell like?  I've never understood this.  Yeah, I've had smelly shoes (cured with Gold Bond or, if they've lived their lifetime, responsible disposal).  I never have had feet that smell like blue cheese or any other food that are compared with "smells like feet."  I've never been with a woman who has that going on.  WHAT THE IS THAT?  I need to know.  I've been hearing it forever.

I tell everyone down here who orders it with Ranch they are dead to me.  Wings go with Blue Ch.  It is  known. 

I get visibly upset when I hear that in North Carolina.

I have had to actually request blue cheese and have them bring me ranch anyway.

I hate the food in the South.

I have never understood your second sentence.

Not just with blue cheese.

WTF do "feet" smell like?  I've never understood this.  Yeah, I've had smelly shoes (cured with Gold Bond or, if they've lived their lifetime, responsible disposal).  I never have had feet that smell like blue cheese or any other food that are compared with "smells like feet."  I've never been with a woman who has that going on.  WHAT THE ###### IS THAT?  I need to know.  I've been hearing it forever.

Lol I don't know how else to explain it... melted blue cheese is especially bad, but I hate all stinky cheeses because they remind me of stank feet (not mine). Clearly I'm not the only one if you've heard this from others!

I get visibly upset when I hear that in North Carolina.

I have had to actually request blue cheese and have them bring me ranch anyway.

I hate the food in the South.

The South gave us shrimp and grits though...  :unsure:

I refuse to eat wings with ranch and have been served the wrong one on several occasions. 

Lol I don't know how else to explain it... melted blue cheese is especially bad, but I hate all stinky cheeses because they remind me of stank feet (not mine). Clearly I'm not the only one if you've heard this from others!

OK.  Cooked fontina is about the worst, but I don't think it smells like any part of any healthy anatomy of any being.

Who melts blue cheese?  Does it even melt?  Do you even lift, bro?

I've heard the feet thing about stinky cheeses, egg salad, fried internal organs (liver, kidneys), Fritos, and the like.

It's meant to be evocative, not literal.

And there's something to it: There are pungent foods that sorta stank, but, for many, are also delicious.

Jesus. Ever had Limburger? That stuff smells so bad I hafta sleep on the couch when I have it. But it is glorious.

Some folks can't, won't, don't get that stratum of gastronomy. And that's okay.

Edited by That Aud Smell

OK.  Cooked fontina is about the worst, but I don't think it smells like any part of any healthy anatomy of any being.

Buy a chicken breast, slice into the middle and create a pocket, stuff it with blue cheese.  Put some olive oil in a covered baking pan, put the chicken in it, cook for about 25minutes at 350 degrees.  You will have melted blue cheese goodness an chicken. 

It kind of melts. I used to work in a steakhouse with a menu item called "tip pasta" with noodles, sirloin tips, melted blue cheese crumbles, and some kind of sauce. The servers all called it "foot pasta".

You must not like Provolone or Fritos either?

Provolone doesn't smell like anything, and Fritos don't bother me.

I've heard the feet thing about stinky cheeses, egg salad, fried internal organs (liver, kidneys), Fritos, and the like.

It's meant to be evocative, not literal.

And there's something to it: There are pungent foods that sorta stank, but, for many, are also delicious.

Jesus. Ever had Limburger? That stuff smells so bad I hafta sleep on the couch when I have it. But it is glorious.

Some folks can't, won't, don't get that stratum of gastronomy. And that's okay.

Limburger is glorious.

Although credit where it's due, Josie once bought me the most pungent cheese she could find. It was tremendously good. And not to be eaten when she was home. We had to store it in a Ziploc bag in Tupperware in other Tupperware.

Someday my friend, we'll meet again.

I had some of those smoked wings that I mentioned earlier on monday.  It's a brewery so they have some random sauces related to the beers they make.  I wound up going with one that was a mix that included both habanero and jalapeno.  It had some good kick to it.  I don't know what they did, but usually a hotter sauce like that will linger for a while, but for whatever reason, this one didn't.  I usually like having that flavor linger for a while on my lips, but this was a pleasant surprise.  I think I've found my place for an occasional visit for wings.

I had some of those smoked wings that I mentioned earlier on monday.  It's a brewery so they have some random sauces related to the beers they make.  I wound up going with one that was a mix that included both habanero and jalapeno.  It had some good kick to it.  I don't know what they did, but usually a hotter sauce like that will linger for a while, but for whatever reason, this one didn't.  I usually like having that flavor linger for a while on my lips, but this was a pleasant surprise.  I think I've found my place for an occasional visit for wings.

Aviator smokehouse I'm assuming?  They have great bbq there in general, and like you say when you order hot wings, they are indeed hot.  If you haven't been before, JD's Tavern in Apex does grilled wings that have some great kick when ordered hot.

Wish I knew!  I'm new to the wing game; I avoided them for years because I don't like spicy food.  I've realized that I really love the flavor of a good vinegar based sauce, but I don't like the wing itself very much, lol.

If you're up for a ride, there's a place near me called "The Whip" that normally has decent wings and beef on weck on the menu. It's an "English" pub in horse country, but the manager is/was from Orchard Park NY. For awhile, Victory Brewing in Downingtown had beef on weck on the menu; the chef liked experimenting with local foods. It wasn't bad, but the roll was a little foo-foo compared to a traditional sandwich.

http://www.thewhiptavern.com/

Aviator smokehouse I'm assuming?  They have great bbq there in general, and like you say when you order hot wings, they are indeed hot.  If you haven't been before, JD's Tavern in Apex does grilled wings that have some great kick when ordered hot.

You got it.  I'm happy with them so far.  I could see is going there more often once our house is up.

You got it.  I'm happy with them so far.  I could see is going there more often once our house is up.

It's between Aviator and JD's for best wings in the area IMO, they are equidistant from where I'm at in HS.  HS has Bass Lake draft house and My Way Tavern, but neither have great wings, just so-so.  There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in town too of course, but I refuse to step foot in there.  Aviator brews some very solid beers, but IMO Drafline brewery about a block north of Aviator is a notch above.

It's between Aviator and JD's for best wings in the area IMO, they are equidistant from where I'm at in HS.  HS has Bass Lake draft house and My Way Tavern, but neither have great wings, just so-so.  There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in town too of course, but I refuse to step foot in there.  Aviator brews some very solid beers, but IMO Drafline brewery about a block north of Aviator is a notch above.

JD's is on 55 across from the plaza with Harris Teeter, right?  If that's the one I'm thinking of we had the strangest experience ever there.  We walked in a couple days before Halloween and it was packed with kids having a costume contest.  I never would have expected that as it was a bar, a thursday night, and the Panthers were also playing.  I really don't remember the food because we both tried to eat as quickly as possible because we were the only people in the place who didn't have kids with them.

I haven't come across Draftline yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that.  The next one on my list was going to be CBC, but I just haven't found the time yet.

If you're up for a ride, there's a place near me called "The Whip" that normally has decent wings and beef on weck on the menu. It's an "English" pub in horse country, but the manager is/was from Orchard Park NY. For awhile, Victory Brewing in Downingtown had beef on weck on the menu; the chef liked experimenting with local foods. It wasn't bad, but the roll was a little foo-foo compared to a traditional sandwich.

http://www.thewhiptavern.com/

Good to know.  This place in Hummelstown (right next to Hershey) is decent if anyone finds themselves in this neck of the woods (parking is terrible, though):

http://borobar.com/

:lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.