2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

As Cereal posted: It looks like they're going to completely conflict the USA/RUS game and the gold metal game with both games 1 of the conference finals. So dumb.

So, I was just reading how Eichel has had "instant chemistry" with his linemates, Trevor Lewis and Brock Nelson...
Does anybody think that Brock Nelson could be a trade target for Tim Murray? He is 23 years old, and had 42 points in 82 games this year.
He was drafted 30th overall...would the Islanders trade him for their 2015 1st or 2nd back? Or, maybe we can just sign him to an offer sheet, as he's an RFA this summer.
Would this not be a pretty smart idea for Murray to provide Eichel with a familiar (young) face, that he can grow and develop (and dominate) with?
Contract source: http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/new-york-islanders/brock-nelson/
Source for quote: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3360/brock-nelson

Streaming on NBC Live Extra...which is pretty stupid, if you ask me. What else is on a Saturday at 1:15PM in the middle of May?
Soccer? :sick: 

Didn't GMTM say he tried for a different goalie? Winnipeg has Eric Comrie and he is their goalie of the future. (Pretty sure people thought that is who Murray was referring to.) Wouldn't surprise me if that is who he was after, but ended up having to settle for Kasdorf...and he makes another move for Hellebuyck.

Edited by Tony P

As Cereal posted: It looks like they're going to completely conflict the USA/RUS game and the gold metal game with both games 1 of the conference finals. So dumb.

Watch one on TV, the other on a tablet or computer...maybe that is why they are streaming it? (Still a stupid idea.) There will be plenty more NHL games to watch though...we won't have much more of Eichel until October.

What do we think of RFA Brock Nelson though? I am really intrigued by that idea, since I saw that article and realized he's an RFA.

23 years old, 42 points last year, 6-3 and 215 pounds...he and Eichel on a line with Kane would be scary.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Nelson is a good target if he was available.

But the Islanders would want to keep him and aren't in cap trouble.

Doubt we could sign him to a workable offer sheet.

:cry: 

I don't think just a first rounder in return is enough, and the offer sheet would have to be excessive to get them to not match.

You really don't think they would trade him for a 1st round pick, when they don't have one? Wasn't he on their 3rd line?

You really don't think they would trade him for a 1st round pick, when they don't have one? Wasn't he on their 3rd line?

You're not getting Nelson for just a first. He's one of their many up-and-coming young forwards...

Nelson is an NHL'er.  A late 1st round pick is a toss up to have anything more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.  As mentioned above, it'll take more than 1st to pry him away.

I'd offer the NYI's back their 1st and 2nd  for Nelson and a conditional 3rd next year. They have 2 3s, 1 is already ours why not the other too. The conditions would be that Nelson gets at least 40 pts no additional pick would be included.

Or you could always try NYI's 1st and our 2016 3rd for Nelson with the 3rd becoming a 2nd rounder if Nelson puts up 45+ pts. We could throw in the 2015 4th if it helps too.

If we can pull that off I'd then see if we can merely grab Lewis from the Kings who has 1 year left on his 1.5 mil contract. He wouldn't play with Eichel but he'd bring more familiarity and Cup Rings into the locker room.

Edited by thewookie1

I'd offer the NYI's back their 1st and 2nd  for Nelson and a conditional 3rd next year. They have 2 3s, 1 is already ours why not the other too. The conditions would be that Nelson gets at least 40 pts no additional pick would be included.

Or you could always try NYI's 1st and our 2016 3rd for Nelson with the 3rd becoming a 2nd rounder if Nelson puts up 45+ pts. We could throw in the 2015 4th if it helps too.

If we can pull that off I'd then see if we can merely grab Lewis from the Kings who has 1 year left on his 1.5 mil contract. He wouldn't play with Eichel but he'd bring more familiarity and Cup Rings into the locker room.

slow overnite?

I've been reading on this board thousands of times over the years that elite, generational players make their linemates better. Pyatt or Kassian scoring.."Yeah, they got the Sedins". Brad Boyes...Moulson..."Tavares"...etc, etc.

If that is true, then let's not cream about the first guy you see do well with Eichel, before you even draft him. Murray already signed his college buddy as a favor. If you start acquiring everything around him, you lose the actual utility of having him as a draft pick. Either Eichel is not that good......or you are picking up the parasites on the manna ray.

Godds take on it is where I'm at. Imo Eichel will have instant chemistry with most people he plays with simply because he will elevate other players abilities and essentially make them better. Cripes, even at a beer leagues level when I played with great players the difference in my game was profound. Lets not forget that if we draft this kid there are good to great players on the Sabres squad or in this system that he will have instant chemistry with.

So, I was just reading how Eichel has had "instant chemistry" with his linemates, Trevor Lewis and Brock Nelson...

Does anybody think that Brock Nelson could be a trade target for Tim Murray? He is 23 years old, and had 42 points in 82 games this year.

He was drafted 30th overall...would the Islanders trade him for their 2015 1st or 2nd back? Or, maybe we can just sign him to an offer sheet, as he's an RFA this summer.

Would this not be a pretty smart idea for Murray to provide Eichel with a familiar (young) face, that he can grow and develop (and dominate) with?

Contract source: http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/new-york-islanders/brock-nelson/

Source for quote: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3360/brock-nelson

Streaming on NBC Live Extra...which is pretty stupid, if you ask me. What else is on a Saturday at 1:15PM in the middle of May?

Soccer? :sick: 

Didn't GMTM say he tried for a different goalie? Winnipeg has Eric Comrie and he is their goalie of the future. (Pretty sure people thought that is who Murray was referring to.) Wouldn't surprise me if that is who he was after, but ended up having to settle for Kasdorf...and he makes another move for Hellebuyck.

Game 1 of the ECF?

Can we stop wasting assets on C/LW's?  I'm not even going to write out the list of C/LW's we have at this point.

^^^ this. We have a team full of these guys that some of you want to trade all of our prospects and picks for. IMO Nelson has been holding Eichel back this tournament, with his slow pace of play. All I'm saying is Eichel would probably have more points this tournament if he didn't have to coast so his line mates could keep up with him.

slow overnite?

Yup, graduating today so I was up all night nervous.

Also let me rephrase my idea.

Lewis would be great in the event McCormick retires due to his blood clots. He'd be a very effective 4th liner with a lot of playoff experience. I want as many rings in the locker room

Edited by thewookie1

Yup, graduating today so I was up all night nervous.

Also let me rephrase my idea.

Lewis would be great in the event McCormick retires due to his blood clots. He'd be a very effective 4th liner with a lot of playoff experience. I want as many rings in the locker room

Your trade offer was low for Nelson, but you're going to give that for a 4th liner? Yikes. Nelson is worth more than two throw-in draft picks with a pick going with him.

He's also not a 4th liner.

Can we stop wasting assets on C/LW's?  I'm not even going to write out the list of C/LW's we have at this point.

Yup that 21st pick needs to either a Defenseman or RW , in trade or draft.  Well enough UFA defenseman out there this year so would be dissapointed if we traded for one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.