Your Profession - Maybe There Are Connections To Be Made!

CallawaySabres

For those in the entertainment business, help me score tickets to Billy Joel closing the Mausoleum on August 4! You can never get tickets when they go on sale, and then the scalpers/ticket sites have a field day. Surely someone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Maybe Swamp knows a guy who... OK, I'll stop.

Nobody's getting that ticket. If you wanted to see Pagliacci this afternoon I could probably have helped you out, though.

Oh Sweet Jesus..........

This is like finding out your hot Vietnamese girlfriend eats dog.......

:lol:

know thine enemy…

Nobody's getting that ticket. If you wanted to see Pagliacci this afternoon I could probably have helped you out, though.

:lol:

know thine enemy…

It's all good. This may actually be a good thing. We need a code.........if I post "Double Kangaroo"......that means give me a 90 second closeup of a certain blonde.

Thanks.  I'm leaning more towards going all out on CS every day.  The weekends spent in a single room coding can drag, though.

You got it good, at least computers are a lot easier to move now. When we wanted to do a group coding project, I had to drag a 21" Sun monitor over to someone's house. Laptops existed but were far too limited and expensive for students.

Um, I have news for you. You may want to sit down for this.

Salem the Cat was not actually a real cat.

He was a cat actor playing the role of a cat named Salem. I'm not even sure that was his real voice. If you look real close, it almost looks like they put another cat's human voice into the actor cat that played Salem.

No way!

Here's my office. 20 years and counting.

So much for my 3 year plan to be a rock star.

attachicon.gifSwampD's Office.jpg

I have no idea what kind of mission control station that is, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

For any recent grads, you can always consider law school!

Please do not do this just because you're not finding the right job right out of school.

In fact, if anyone reading this is considering law school at all, please PM me first.

I have no idea what kind of mission control station that is, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Please do not do this just because you're not finding the right job right out of school.

In fact, if anyone reading this is considering law school at all, please PM me first.

Holy crap! Eleven is paying it forward!!! Free law school for the first five PMers!!!!!!

Haha I meant it's a solid career path to look into. A lot of research and advice (speak to people like eleven!) is needed. My advice would be to only do it if you can get into a school worth going to and not have to pay that much for it. And with some preparation and work it can be done

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

I'm on the tech side so just a button pusher (audio engineer), but yes, I've had way worse jobs before.

It sort of explains why you usually are bullish on the economy. I'm love/hate with Cramer. He ALWAYS slips in the truth at some point between the BS. It's like when a fatwa is issued to take out the infidel. Deep down he knows he owes you a warning of truth.

If you look in the garbage cans before you leave at night, I'm sure you'll see empty bottles of Red Bull, Pepto, and Lithium.......

In the same ilk as 11,I would totally avoid medical school, medicine isn't glamorous and it's all about covering your butt and catering to people than actual practice of Medicine, I'm debating going into strictly academia because of how unsatisfying this field is.

Sadly, you are not the first MD I've heard this from.

In the same ilk as 11,I would totally avoid medical school, medicine isn't glamorous and it's all about covering your butt and catering to people than actual practice of Medicine, I'm debating going into strictly academia because of how unsatisfying this field is.

Its all about the culture of lawsuits that really got out of hand.   Over here a mistake by a doctor gets handled by a board, the doctor gets suspended for life if its a really bad mistake or for just a limited time, the victim gets compensated but just to rectify the mistake.

Not 3 million dollars or something :P

Edited by Heimdall

Its all about the culture of lawsuits that really got out of hand. Over here a mistake by a doctor gets handled by a board, the doctor gets suspended for life if its a really bad mistake or for just a limited time, the victim gets compensated but just to rectify the mistake.

Not 3 million dollars or something :P

Definitely sounds different that here stateside, It's def an entire culture change that affects many careers, unfortunately a once respected career that had a layer of respect built into the job and title has simply become another "customer service" job

I would like to see any updates on people who actually benefited from a connection on this. Like I said, opportunities pop up when you least expect it......

We've all learned not to become lawyers or doctors. 

We've all learned not to become lawyers or doctors. 

No one has sent me a PM on how to become a professional accountant.  

Maybe it just goes without saying that no one ever wants to be an accountant and only does as a last resort.

Although someone did express an interest in how to become what I was in my first career.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.