FN Arena atmosphere

SabresFanInRochester

Right now with ten minutes left and down two, you'd swear Winnipeg's arena was the FNC no?

You're welcome :beer:

Go Jets Go

Goosebumps. Please avoid the sweep. The fans deserve this.

Great to see you! Honored to have you back for arguments sakes. As your avatar indicates though, there will be rainbows and unicorns soon. Sunshine too!

The building was damn loud here during that series. Don't know if you were here in person for any of the games but we all know tv does a poor , really poor job of transferring the real noise when it we make it. I have not heard it like it was in 2006 ECF since then. I got no problem with the place in that moment. It was rockin.

I wasn't in Buffalo for any games in 2006, but I've been to many games in various arenas in my time and those games in Raleigh in 2006 were the loudest by far. Some have accused the canes of piping crowd noise through the arena sound system...who knows. I think its more to do with the low ceiling at PNC arena, but it was ear splitting in there. A lot of Chet and muffys and kids at canes games too. Edited by Claude_Verret

Great to see you! Honored to have you back for arguments sakes. As your avatar indicates though, there will be rainbows and unicorns soon. Sunshine too!

The building was damn loud here during that series. Don't know if you were here in person for any of the games but we all know tv does a poor , really poor job of transferring the real noise when it we make it. I have not heard it like it was in 2006 ECF since then. I got no problem with the place in that moment. It was rockin. 

I had no problems hearing the noise through my t.v. at the end of the winnipeg game last night when the jets faithful saluted that team. I've been to live games many times and I've watched them on t.v. and I think the fnc is the only place people use that excuse for lack of noise. I think the problem is product on the ice. Or maybe something structural ? Who knows ? but if it gets as loud as it was in the Peg it would translate through my t.v.

Edited by bunomatic

I had no problems hearing the noise through my t.v. at the end of the winnipeg game last night when the jets faithful saluted that team. I've been to live games many times and I've watched them on t.v. and I think the fnc is the only place people use that excuse for lack of noise. I think the problem is product on the ice. Or maybe something structural ? Who knows ? but if it gets as loud as it was in the Peg it would translate through my t.v.

I'm not arguing loudness in the two buildings, but it's not like there's a NIST or ISO standard for "Hockey Microphone Placement and Gain Levels for TV Broadcasts". There are so many factors in how loud the crowd noise, from building materials to "we have an HoF announcer we don't want to cover up" that the TV can't be taken without a hefty portion of salt.

The building was damn loud here during that series. Don't know if you were here in person for any of the games but we all know tv does a poor , really poor job of transferring the real noise when it we make it. I have not heard it like it was in 2006 ECF since then. I got no problem with the place in that moment. It was rockin. 

The arena can be plenty loud. Just look at the Leafs and Canadians games here.

It's just no fun. It's like playing craps at a table by yourself.

Thanks for the lovin.

• 2 months later...

Per the team:

JOB: The #Sabres are seeking a Game Presentation Coordinator.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/620723477574742016

Just find the best person in the country at doing the job(regardless of sport) and throw a bunch of Pegula bucks at them.  The only stipulation prior to hiring him/her would be to explain how they will get Chet & Muffy into the game.  LOL

Edited by LabattBlue

This posting seems like a clear effort on management's part to up the in-game experience. Either the position was created, or someone was terminated from it. Just my take.

Part of the job is to stream scrimmages and to get audio from the people asking questions during interviews.

Just find the best person in the country at doing the job(regardless of sport) and throw a bunch of Pegula bucks at them.  The only stipulation prior to hiring him/her would be to explain how they will get Chet & Muffy into the game.  LOL

Chet here. I've been bitching about lame ass game night presentation for YEARS. There have been times where it's gotten better and then slips back into crap.  

HSBC was a tomb long before the tank.

I think it can be directly tied to black Sunday. The franchise crashed to its knees pinning it's hopes on the like of Vanek, Pominville, Roy and Connolly. No wonder everybody stopped cheering.

Edited by inkman

I think it can be directly tied to black Sunday. The franchise crashed to its knees pinning it's hopes on the like of Vanek, Pominville, Roy and Connolly. No wonder everybody stopped cheering.

Correct.  No one wants to pour full fan heart and soul into a penny-wise, pound-foolish franchise that built a mini-era on the shoulders of a bunch of overrated and overpaid losers.

Give us a competitive team that plays with fire in the belly, don't play "Crazy Train" or "Sweet Caroline" every 30 seconds like every other NHL team and the atmosphere will be just fine.

Give us a competitive team that plays with fire in the belly, don't play "Crazy Train" or "Sweet Caroline" every 30 seconds like every other NHL team and the atmosphere will be just fine.

Use the organ more like all good hockey rinks do and always have. I think the 30 second sound bites started as we became increasingly a d d.

I thought the ac/dc opening was awesome but that was short lived.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.