I need to be talked off the ledge...

LabattBlue

Look at it this way. Is Terry Pegula, a man who has invested what, $100+ Million dollars (not to mention the Harbor Center) in USA & College Hockey really going to pass on the best US Born college player in decades for a product of the Canadian juniors system?  Think about it for a while. 

Survey says.... nope.

I hope not. You have the Best player from team usa. Plus what better way to sell your programs at the harbor center with the face being Eichel.

If the Sabres did trade picks with Edmonton than LabattBlue wouldn't have to worry about landing if he jumped off the ledge. He would have the mangled bodies of the USA Hockey and Harbor Center executives to land on. 

I know we have a fair share of conspiracy theorists around these parts so I am going to throw one out there. Pegula and the Sabres went to the NHL and said they didn't want to win the draft lottery. They want Eichel but don't want to be the team that passed on McDavid. Guaranteed the 2nd pick and Eichel, Pegula and the NHL agreed to ship McDavid to the other side of the NHL, Edmonton. Pegula didn't want the Leafs or Regier to have McDavid so Edmonton was the obvious choice.

Seems realistic to me.      

Edited by DeLuca1967

If the Sabres did trade picks with Edmonton than LabattBlue wouldn't have to worry about landing if he jumped off the ledge. He would have the mangled bodies of the USA Hockey and Harbor Center executives to land on. 

I know we have a fair share of conspiracy theorists around these parts so I am going to throw one out there. Pegula and the Sabres went to the NHL and said they didn't want to win the draft lottery. They want Eichel but don't want to be the team that passed on McDavid. Guaranteed the 2nd pick and Eichel, Pegula and the NHL agreed to ship McDavid to the other side of the NHL, Edmonton. Pegula didn't want the Leafs or Regier to have McDavid so Edmonton was the obvious choice.

Seems realistic to me.      

Did you see what 11 recently posted?

I think you are right.  I'll get the tin foil for your new hat.

Did you see what 11 recently posted?

I think you are right.  I'll get the tin foil for your new hat.

Thanks, I just took a look.

I knew it. That means that the black van down the street really is my health insurance company spying on me to make sure i didn't lie about not being a smoker just to get the $25 discount. It all makes sense now.  

Seems realistic to me.      

It's as plausible as any other conspiracy theory out there, that's for sure!

LB--don't worry.  The Sabres are going to build around Eichel.

I expect TM to offer Eichel, Reinhart and our other #1 this year for McD -- and I expect Edmonton to say no.

I'd be pretty mad if he made any offer like that. I don't think there exists an offer that Edmonton would accept and that would make me like the trade. I just don't think the gap between McDavid and Eichel is large enough to gut the team for.

Could you imagine PA if that happened and we found out Pegula forced it? Oh man :lol:

This would not shock me at all.  Owners like Jerry Jones, George Steinbrenner and maybe Pegula are willing to go get the guy they want.

There's a terrifying thought.  I thought I was supposed to be the negative one.

Really not trying to start something here.  Just the thought occurred to me that the "SABRES" have been very vocal in their desire for McDavid.  That strikes me as coming from the top of the brain trust.

Really not trying to start something here.  Just the thought occurred to me that the "SABRES" have been very vocal in their desire for McDavid.  That strikes me as coming from the top of the brain trust.

Up until yesterday I really thought the team thought of it as "McEichel" and would have been happy with either guy.  Now I'm not so sure.  It certainly could be all the way up to Pegula.

I absolutely hate the idea of trading up for McDavid.  Eichel will be the best prospect we draft probably since Perrault.  We don't need to let perfect be the enemy of good.  If we're making moves, it should be to build around him.

Over the next two months, Murray is going to scare the hell out of me, thinking he is going to put together a ridiculous proposal in an attempt to get McDavid.

We ended up 30th, and after the lottery, will pick 2nd in a year where there are two GREAT players. Why consider moving multiple key pieces from the organization in order to end up with McDavid instead of Eichel.

Draft Eichel, and the core of the team for the next 10 years will be Risto, Girgs, Reinhart & Eichel. DONE.

Someone get me away from the ledge! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you worrying over something they isn't going to happen? Sounds to me like you want to get all worked up.

It's as plausible as any other conspiracy theory out there, that's for sure!

LB--don't worry.  The Sabres are going to build around Eichel.

Alright since I have no dog in this fight and am ecstatic Jack is coming, I would like to throw this out in my best impression of PA. The lottery fix talk died when Edmonton got the golden ticket. Everyone said the NHL is burying its finest star in a wasteland. But the Rogers deal was a boon to NHL owners and with exclusive control of hockey north of the border, a quid pro quo was due. McD as an Oiler significantly boosts the value of the Rogers deal. He is in the mountain time zone, so the east withthe exception of the maritimes can still watch and while, McD might not be a regular on NBC, they don't pay attention until after the Football season ends. Edmund Burke posited that "Americans are an odd lot, they sniff tyranny on every tainted breeze." There is an odor around this.

It ain't happening we tanked to guarantee us one of the top 2.. Mission accomplished.

Eichel Eichel All day. Jockamo feena na na nay, Jockamoa feena nay

hey now, hey now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.