I need to be talked off the ledge...

LabattBlue

Im thinking that Murray could make a move for Taylor Hall or Leon Draisaitl now that Edmonton has McDavid

I wouldn't take Draisaitl.  He brings nothing to Buffalo other than a lumbering center who has skating issues.  One of the dumbest yet predictable moments in draft history was when Edmonton passed on Bennett because Draisaitl was bigger.

What if Edmonton shocks the world and passes on McDavid or Darcy trades all his picks for next two years to move up and grab McDavid

Good thing Darcy Regier is not the GM of the Phoenix Coyotes then. 

What if Edmonton shocks the world and passes on McDavid or Darcy trades all his picks for next two years to move up and grab McDavid

Not saying it wouldn't happen (although I doubt it would), but the last time this happened it led to a couple of Stanley Cup championships for the team that got the picks/prospects and a single SCF appearance for the team that got the superstar (Lindros).

I like the idea of possibly acquiring one of Edmonton's young forwards, but I'd be looking more at a guy like Eberle. We have a lot of center depth already, Nugent-Hopkins doesn't seem like a guy Murray would be after.

Sure, no problem with that thought. I was thinking more the general idea and just threw RNH out there as a possibility.

I wouldn't take Draisaitl.  He brings nothing to Buffalo other than a lumbering center who has skating issues.  One of the dumbest yet predictable moments in draft history was when Edmonton passed on Bennett because Draisaitl was bigger.

Draisaitl still has time to grow into his game.  I doubt Bennett would be having the success he is now had he been picked by Edmonton.

Draisaitl still has time to grow into his game.  I doubt Bennett would be having the success he is now had he been picked by Edmonton.

Draisaitl's problem isn't growing into his game. His skating is below average and in the NHL that just doesn't work.  I think Bennett's injury and yes his team has helped but when you have Hall and Yakupov on your team you need a fast skating center to keep up with them.  IMPO I would have done it different, of course I am not an NHL GM.

Draisaitl's problem isn't growing into his game. His skating is below average and in the NHL that just doesn't work.  I think Bennett's injury and yes his team has helped but when you have Hall and Yakupov on your team you need a fast skating center to keep up with them.  IMPO I would have done it different, of course I am not an NHL GM.

I don't think his skating is a long term issue. Once he finds his line he'll be fine.  Especially with all the extra attention McDavid alleviates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.