I need to be talked off the ledge...

LabattBlue

Over the next two months, Murray is going to scare the hell out of me, thinking he is going to put together a ridiculous proposal in an attempt to get McDavid.

We ended up 30th, and after the lottery, will pick 2nd in a year where there are two GREAT players.  Why consider moving multiple key pieces from the organization in order to end up with McDavid instead of Eichel.

Draft Eichel, and the core of the team for the next 10 years will be Risto, Girgs, Reinhart & Eichel.  DONE.

Someone get me away from the ledge!  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LabattBlue

Murray isn't that enamored with Connor. Jack is a 9.5 and Connor is a 10.  You don't sell out for that.  If the draft didn't have Jack I could maybe see it but all Eichel did in the postseason was prove how ready he was (something Murray commented on) and he also will be on display at the World Championship so don't worry, Murray is set on building a winner. 

Over the next two months, Murray is going to scare the hell out of me, thinking he is going to put together a ridiculous proposal in an attempt to get McDavid.

We ended up 30th, and after the lottery, will pick 2nd in a year where there are two GREAT players.  Why consider moving multiple key pieces from the organization in order to end up with McDavid instead of Eichel.

Draft Eichel, and the core of the team for the next 10 years will be Risto, Girgs, Reinhart & Eichel.  DONE.

You do know that there are 2 paths from the ledge, right? Which direction do you want help with? :devil:

We can help you travel either path. :p

You do know that there are 2 paths from the ledge, right? Which direction do you want help with? :devil:

We can help you travel either path. :P

After these last two years, if the Sabres had finished in Arizona's spot and got bumped to 3rd overall...I would have been begging you to "push me off" instead of "pull me away".  LOL

Jump my brother and feel the freedom. The ledge you are on is 40+ years of Sabre failures. Free yourself and the hockey gods will reward with a savior named Jack Eichel and his apostles Sam Reinhart, Rasmus Ristolainen, Zemgus Girgensons, Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and others soon to follow. It is not death that awaits you beyond this ledge. It is life free of the chains of the past. Freedom to pursue the future and a freedom to look upon the past with reverence not regret.  

Jump my brother and feel the freedom. The ledge you are on is 40+ years of Sabre failures. Free yourself and the hockey gods will reward with a savior named Jack Eichel and his apostles Sam Reinhart, Rasmus Ristolainen, Zemgus Girgensons, Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and others soon to follow. It is not death that awaits you beyond this ledge. It is life free of the chains of the past. Freedom to pursue the future and a freedom to look upon the past with reverence not regret.  

:lol:  :lol:

Zemgus, you shall be the rock we shall build this contender on.

Reinhart will pass the puck three times before the goal horn wails twice.

McDavid was a false god!

We can help you travel either path. :p

After these last two years, if the Sabres had finished in Arizona's spot and got bumped to 3rd overall...I would have been begging you to "push me off" instead of "pull me away".  LOL

:worthy:

See, LB? We've got your back!

:w00t:

I expect TM to offer Eichel, Reinhart and our other #1 this year for McD -- and I expect Edmonton to say no.

I hope he doesn't offer them anything. I'm more than Happy with picking 2nd and getting Eichel. I would just laugh my @ss off if Connor did the Lindros and said he wouldn't sign. Now that $hit would be funny. He didn't look to thrilled about Edmonton winning the lottery.

I do not think that Edmonton has any interest in trading McDavid, but I do believe that Murray would trade any and all assets to make it happen.  The only thing that would make this even a small possibility would be if McDavid makes it clear (either privately or publicly) that he will not play for the Oilers.  In that situation, the Sabres would be be in the best position to consummate a trade with the Oilers using the number two overall pick in the drat and other assets.

I expect TM to offer Eichel, Reinhart and our other #1 this year for McD -- and I expect Edmonton to say no.

Look at it this way. Is Terry Pegula, a man who has invested what, $100+ Million dollars (not to mention the Harbor Center) in USA & College Hockey really going to pass on the best US Born college player in decades for a product of the Canadian juniors system?  Think about it for a while. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.