The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

The Devils have requested permission to speak with Bylsma. Shero is their GM now. Could be some stiff competition for his services.

But... It's New Jersey.

New Jersey is really screwed.  They have no high end offensive talent and they really have little they can use as trade bait to try and rebuild.  I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that team as a coach because they are spinning their tires.  

New Jersey is really screwed. They have no high end offensive talent and they really have little they can use as trade bait to try and rebuild. I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that team as a coach because they are spinning their tires.

And Shero kinda sucked at his job in Pittsburgh.

And Shero kinda sucked at his job in Pittsburgh.

Not at all. Look at the list of trades he pulled off. He got desperate towards the end but the man is a wizard on the trade market.

Edited by Hoss

Not at all. Look at the list of trades he pulled off. He got desperate towards the end but the man is a wizard on the trade market.

There's more to GMing than the trade market. During his tenure Pittsburgh had one of the worst draft records in the league. And he gave huge money to Fleury.

There's more to GMing than the trade market. During his tenure Pittsburgh had one of the worst draft records in the league. And he gave huge money to Fleury.

I like it when someone answers with almost exactly what I was going to say.  I second TBPhD, Shero's post Crosby draft record is horrendous.  

What if I told you there was no "Sabres brass" overheard at lunch and people just make stuff up to fill the holes in their posts?

I don't know, Tom Webster doesn't strike me as the type to post filler material in anything he adds here. 

GO SABRES!!!

The guy picked Toronto. Why is irrelevant. Let's move on.

100% agree. Next candidate please.

Babcock is irrelevant now except when Toronto is in the barn.

The Devils have requested permission to speak with Bylsma. Shero is their GM now. Could be some stiff competition for his services.

But... It's New Jersey.

I think logic dictates Bylsma goes to be with Shero. But if he wants a chance at winning long term he certainly doesn't go there so I'm thinking he is a likely hire here and he will also get paid to come here. I'm guessing much more than he would get in Jersey.

If I'm Pegula I offer Disco Dan more than Babcock got. Just because he can.

That was my idea. One dollar more. Just to eff you everyone — and to boost Bylsma and shoot down the idea we "settled" for "second best." Do it, Terry. Do it. Race him!

That was my idea. One dollar more. Just to eff you everyone — and to boost Bylsma and shoot down the idea we "settled" for "second best." Do it, Terry. Do it. Race him!

Let's just hope they get cable TV and Amazon on the internets in Buffalo by the time we hire him so his wife has all the conveniences of that big city life.

If I'm Pegula I offer Disco Dan more than Babcock got. Just because he can.

This would be Troll Level One Million - Literally. I love this idea!

Or offer him a disco ball hanging from his office or over the Sabres logo in the dressing room.

And poutine

They have poutine at (716). It wasn't that great. Not poutine, which is awesome, but their version. It's fine though.

Valid points. I guess I got a bit caught up because I was looking through a long list of Pens trades yesterday.

Looking at their draft picks it's like they spent all their time focusing on the first a second round and never considered prospects beyond that. Not one hit outside of the first two rounds. Did well in the first recently with guys like Maatta, Pouliot and Bennett.

This would be Troll Level One Million - Literally. I love this idea!

They have poutine at (716). It wasn't that great. Not poutine, which is awesome, but their version. It's fine though.

I had it first and you didn't love it. The idea, not the poutine.

Valid points. I guess I got a bit caught up because I was looking through a long list of Pens trades yesterday.

Looking at their draft picks it's like they spent all their time focusing on the first a second round and never considered prospects beyond that. Not one hit outside of the first two rounds. Did well in the first recently with guys like Maatta, Pouliot and Bennett.

I don't think we will know about these guys for another few years.  They look like they could be promising but nobody's blown it out of the water yet.

Dreger thinks it could be Byslma or Richardson. He would not be surprised in its Richardson

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-bylsma-richardson-in-mix-for-sabres/

Interesting on what his salary demands could be. If Murray wants him, salary shouldn't be a problem

“But Dan Bylsma is an interesting situation – an interesting scenario. He came real close to getting the Florida Panthers job before they decided to go with Gerard Gallant. But there are some out there who believe the only reason he didn’t get the Florida job is because he wanted too much money. He wanted $2.5 million per year to coach the Florida Panthers. I guess that’s easy to demand when you’re still under contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins and you have term left on a real good deal.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I don't think we will know about these guys for another few years. They look like they could be promising but nobody's blown it out of the water yet.

Maatta absolutely has. He's performed at a top-four level already.

Wait, so lets pretend all of the layers of players are identified and their roles detailed. Then what? Are you going to write some letters, or send some faxes? Are you going to put up a billboard?

What use other than fodder for more theories and complaints would this knowledge serve?

At least Don Quixote attacked the windmills and travelers once he thought they were a threat.

Does anyone remember that Wishbone episode featuring Don Quixote, where Wishbone plays Sancho Panza? Awesome.

Dreger thinks it could be Byslma or Richardson. He would not be surprised in its Richardson

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-bylsma-richardson-in-mix-for-sabres/

Interesting on what his salary demands could be. If Murray wants him, salary shouldn't be a problem

“But Dan Bylsma is an interesting situation – an interesting scenario. He came real close to getting the Florida Panthers job before they decided to go with Gerard Gallant. But there are some out there who believe the only reason he didn’t get the Florida job is because he wanted too much money. He wanted $2.5 million per year to coach the Florida Panthers. I guess that’s easy to demand when you’re still under contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins and you have term left on a real good deal.

At first I liked the idea of Richardson well enough, but at this stage I am completely behind Bylsma getting the job (thanks, Drane!)  Frankly, I'd be fairly disappointed if they chose Richardson over Bylsma now, especially given Friedman's report that Bylsma wants this job.