The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Well yes, in theory.  The reality here is that Terry Pegula is likely involved in these sorts of decisions, with the input of Tim Murray of course.  Tim has to dance on the fence with regard to pleasing his boss (Pegula) and being his own man.

That can be tough.

I think Pegula has the potential to impose his will in hockey operations when the mood strikes.

Two examples:  the additions of Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino.  I believe both of those, particularly the latter, were the idea of Terry Pegula, individually.

Their signings were facilitated by Regier of course, not Murray.

But I don't think Regier would have necessarily signed either on his own accord.

My point is that Pegula has shown that he will impose his will when he wants to.  At least as far as I can tell.  

Please practice what you preach my Sabres loving friend.

I think that Tim Murray is grumpy cat and he doesn't dance for anyone.  While I understand the meddling (don't even do it PA) of the past, we haven't witnessed any indication that Murray isn't allowed to be his own man and sell that to Pegula. Murray has worked with Babcock in past and I think is actually the one leading the charge to get him now.  Pegula obviously approves but I don't Murray is along for the ride. 

Chz has the credibility of a long-haul trucker black-fishing a hornets nest of sports fan boys.

i havent seen chz accurately predict anything, not saying it hasnt happened but most of her stuff is vague allusions to stuff and emoticons.

Fair enough and duly noted!

Thanks.

All others -- please cease fire.

Chz has the credibility of a long-haul trucker black-fishing a hornets nest of sports fan boys.

I'm hardly the authority on these things, but I think it's "catfishing."

And based on the X-rated super-secret mod corporate retreats, I can assure you that everything is both real and spectacular.  You've seen "Eyes Wide Shut?"

Thanks.

All others -- please cease fire.

I'm hardly the authority on these things, but I think it's "catfishing."

And based on the X-rated super-secret mod corporate retreats, I can assure you that everything is both real and spectacular.  You've seen "Eyes Wide Shut?"

You know, as a Notre Dame Football fan, you think I'd be able to keep Fake Linebacker Girlfriends and Horrible Mistreated Porpoises straight!

a few pages back

I missed it, I guess, but I will look at it.  It's similar to me to the Murray can't "share power" with Babcock stuff.  And, BRAWNDO et al., no offense meant with my reaction; I'm not saying you are ridiculous, but just the idea.  It seems so petty and unprofessional.

Well....LaFontaine HIRED Murray, and he got shitcanned.

All these leaks pretty much put questions in everyones' heads. All we have heard for a year was murray loves Richardson. I know Babcock fielding offers wasn't a given, but you have to see the writing on the wall.

Murray would be Babcock's boss and making 25% the salary. His heart is in Ottawa. I still think Babcock's heart is in Detroit. Worst case...Babcock stays in Detroit, Murray knows Pegula would throw him under the bus like an AV Club prom date when a cheerleader is willing to give you a handy in the balcony.....and it is a whole bowl of wrong.

Does anyone here really think Doug Whaley is calling the shots in OP?

Sizzle I was responding to this. Edited by BRAWNDO

This is interesting.

"Word" is all over the place suggesting that Babcock is gonna take the cash and come to Buffalo.

I think we have 2 viable, but opposed, opinions here.

One says Babcock will stay put and his feeling around was designed to get a better offer from Detroit.

The other suggests he is coming to Buffalo!

News of the decision can't come soon enough.

:w00t:

I missed it, I guess, but I will look at it. It's similar to me to the Murray can't "share power" with Babcock stuff. And, BRAWNDO et al., no offense meant with my reaction; I'm not saying you are ridiculous, but just the idea. It seems so petty and unprofessional.

No offense taken Sizzle.

Holy this might happen

Edited by BRAWNDO

I love this line from AP: "The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks are private."

Is that why sources aren't named? Quite the non-sequitur.

You need to fire off some letters to people, explaining things.

Adam Benigni confirming the Wawrow reports that Sabres are in talks with CROMO are correct.

I can't imagine discussions going on between Sabres and CROMO at this point in time if CROMO wanted to stay in Detroit.  

But we have to see how this plays out. 

Buffalo reporters appear to be plugged in on this one?

Nice work guys.

Vogl coaching source = my kid's junior soccer coach, who, as it happens, also makes great chocolate chip cookies when she has the time.