The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

I won't celebrate until the report is actually that he's agreed to come here versus strong hunches.

Agreed

Something else I believe there is NFW Murray gets fired if Babcock takes the job. If he did the Sabres would be most toxic organization in all of professional sports.

GMTM and Nolan did not share the same vision for player usage and development, something he and Babcock would agree upon. Murray would be much likely to share roster control with someone he trusts

I'm sure plenty of posters know how old I am. They also don't care.

And me being 22 probably doesn't relate to the conversation. You simply don't know. You've never been in the mind of a millionaire coach. Your assumption that they normally don't care about the family is a reach that goes against just about everything you hear. Their family is involved in these decisions nearly every single time.

How the hell do you know anything about me?  You are shockingly ignorant.

Enjoy your youth!  Life is short.

The choice is Babcock's, but the guy is a stand-up guy and he is at least going to go to his wife and family for counsel.  They have to live with him for the next five years, they know him best, they know how big this decision is and what he wants.  Your wife, especially, but your kids and immediate family, too, all know more about how you are and what you'll be like.  Babcock isn't an idiot, or a jerk, so I would lay a million bucks on the bet that his wife's input, at least, is considered nearly as strongly as his own.

Agreed

Something else I believe there is NFW Murray gets fired if Babcock takes the job. If he did the Sabres would be most toxic organization in all of professional sports.

GMTM and Nolan did not share the same vision for player usage and development, something he and Babcock would agree upon. Murray would be much likely to share roster control with someone he trusts

Are you suggesting Murray would be fired if Babcock is hired because there would be a power struggle or personality clash?

I am not sure that is the case, but none of us here knows that, for sure.

Are you suggesting Murray would be fired if Babcock is hired because there would be a power struggle or personality clash?

I am not sure that is the case, but none of us here knows that, for sure.

I agree. Also shouldn't Tim Murray be leading the search for the next coach?  He the GM, so it's his job to find the coach. 

Agreed

Where does this come from?  Why would Murray get fired if Babcock comes here?  That's utter ridiculousness. 

And, you don't hire a guy like Babcock to ignore his roster preferences.  You hire a guy like Babcock because you believe he knows what he's doing with the roster.

No one on this site that has 10k posts has any credibility.

Don't really know if you are being serious, sarcastic, facetious, stupid, or what.

Needless to say, that wasn't my point!  But on the logical fallacy chart, your straw man argument earns a 9.8 for technical merit!

For artistic presentation, 9.9!  

Well done!

How the hell do you know anything about me? You are shockingly ignorant.

Enjoy your youth! Life is short.

So you do know what it's like to be in the shoes of a millionaire coach? My bad for assuming otherwise.

Don't really know if you are being serious, sarcastic, facetious, stupid, or what.

Needless to say, that wasn't my point!  But on the logical fallacy chart, your straw man argument earns a 9.8 for technical merit!

Well done!

lol the bolded was actually very funny.

He's saying you don't know how much say the family has in this situation and thinking otherwise is silly.

That's all

I never said  I do.  

I suggest that, in my experience, people in Babcock's position do not consider ancillary factors like what the family thinks.

If they did, they wouldn't be nearly as successful as Babcock has become.

Do you see my point?  

So if a poster spouts out complete ###### for 10,000 posts, he has credibility? 

Got it.

Dude. This is a great message board, if you'll only let it be one.

I never said I do.

I suggest that, in my experience, people in Babcock's position do not consider ancillary factors like what the family thinks.

Do you see my point?

So what is your experience? That was my original point. I don't think a woman you marry and the children you create together are "ancillary factors" in decisions that will change your and their lives.

Predictively, what you say is true. OTOH, Babcock has been insistent that what his wife says and thinks carries great weight in this decision.

Maybe he's just blowing smoke at her through the media. I tend to doubt that's the case.

Well done!

Dude -- time to take it easy.  Your hockey posts are good, but you're coming on a bit aggressively and there are too many insults.

I agree. Also shouldn't Tim Murray be leading the search for the next coach?  He the GM, so it's his job to find the coach. 

Well yes, in theory.  The reality here is that Terry Pegula is likely involved in these sorts of decisions, with the input of Tim Murray of course.  Tim has to dance on the fence with regard to pleasing his boss (Pegula) and being his own man.

That can be tough.

I think Pegula has the potential to impose his will in hockey operations when the mood strikes.

Two examples:  the additions of Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino.  I believe both of those, particularly the latter, were the idea of Terry Pegula, individually.

Their signings were facilitated by Regier of course, not Murray.

But I don't think Regier would have necessarily signed either on his own accord.

My point is that Pegula has shown that he will impose his will when he wants to.  At least as far as I can tell.  

Dude. This is a great message board, if you'll only let it be one.

Please practice what you preach my Sabres loving friend.

Dude -- time to take it easy.  Your hockey posts are good, but you're coming on a bit aggressively and there are too many insults.

Fair enough and duly noted!

I think Pegula has the potential to impose his will in hockey operations when the mood strikes.

Two examples:  the additions of Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino.  I believe both of those, particularly the latter, were the idea of Terry Pegula, individually.

My point is that Pegula has shown that he will impose his will when he wants to.  At least as far as I can tell.  

Sacré Bleu! Révélation!

Edited by That Aud Smell