Sabres fire Ted Nolan

Hoss

A totally classless move. And not the last classless move from that dick Murray, I'm sure.

How is it classless? I've seen three or four people use that word. No clue how that jump could be made, but I would like to hear an argument.

No. I'm not talking the draft. I'm not saying the coach should be "choosing" anything...

If a coach comes and says "I want Jordin Tootoo instead of Lee Stempniak on my 4th line" then I will consider that if it seems to be a well-reasoned thought.

Agreed, I just like to keep the two roles separate.

Hmm, if Babcock is the target, but Murray is supposedly a my-way-or-the-highway kind of guy, I see a disconnect here. I don't think Babcock would like being left out of player decisions, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think Murray's explanation of "chemistry" is probably more accurate; I can see Nolan and Murray not mixing well, not talking much over beers, but I can see Babcock and Murray having a grand ol' time over beers.

I think the thought above that Murray's current attitude is largely due to working with Nolan is a good one. I'm sure he'll adjust accordingly if needed.

It agree; I think it was a footnote really. To me, the meat of the presser was the working relationship between the two and hinting at disagreements between them.

And as been said TN was set up to fail, the fact that TM barely spoke with Nolan is the clearest indication of not having a working relationship. TM must do better with next coach especially one of his choosing or the next one is on him. If this is an indication of TM style TPegs needs to abandon ship now. TM needs to be a good eval of talent and be able to communicate that with coach.

Wow. Not surprised that it happened, but

I'm actually surprised it was that fast :lol:

This.

Hopefully GMTM throws the kitchen sink at Babcock

Am I the only one who gets a juvenile chuckle out of this username? Great avatar, though.

Best of luck, Teddy... you're probably going back to Latvia, but at least you had another kick at the can here.

A totally classless move. And not the last classless move from that dick Murray, I'm sure.

I'm so sick of hearing this. It's a business, people get fired for performing poorly.

Also, does anyone here not want to be Ted Nolan right now? Dude will be making millions/year for doing nothing, or for being the "fall-guy" as many think he is, for the next two years of his life.

I think the thought above that Murray's current attitude is largely due to working with Nolan is a good one. I'm sure he'll adjust accordingly if needed.

TPegs better hope so, not sure I buy Murray being someone easy to work with and Sabres dont need a kiss ass young neophyte coach. Edited by North Buffalo

How is it classless? I've seen three or four people use that word. No clue how that jump could be made, but I would like to hear an argument.

If Murray didn't want Nolan, he should have fired him when he became GM. Instead he left Nolan responsible for a big bag of stinking dog and now fired Nolan saying he didn't they were a 30th place team when everyone who pays attention to hockey knows that's exactly what Murray wanted.

Does noone want to touch this beauty?  

I didn’t foresee us being a 30th-place team.

Does anyone buy this?  And if they do, what does that say about GMTM?

If it was sincere, I think it is time for the Superman cape to come off.  

If Murray didn't want Nolan, he should have fired him when he became GM. Instead he left Nolan responsible for a big bag of stinking dog ###### and now fired Nolan saying he didn't they were a 30th place team when everyone who pays attention to hockey knows that's exactly what Murray wanted.

Yeh and that statement alone worries me about TM... No responsibilty for his side of the street and classless statement.

Does anyone buy this? And if they do, what does that say about GMTM?

I guess I don't know what else he's supposed to say publicly. The league changed the lottery at least in part because of how blatant the Sabres were going about their business (I also suspect the team was talked to about its public statements about said approach). And we did finish 3 out of 29th...it's not inconceivable a better coach could have finished outside of last.

Yeah for me the shine just came off Murray and I'm a big fan. At least have some balls and tell the truth. He built this team to be a 30th place team. That much was obvious.

GMTM is a scout at heart. IMO he wants an experienced head coach and will give him plenty of leash... So somebody like Babcock would be a perfect fit.

And I don't believe for one second that Murray thought this would be a 30th place team after adding some pieces in the off season.

Edited by pi2000

Already touched.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23273-breaking-sabres-fire-ted-nolan/?p=679213

And I just looked at the roster for that game. There were only 3 Cs on it.

Already touched.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23273-breaking-sabres-fire-ted-nolan/?p=679213

And I just looked at the roster for that game. There were only 3 Cs on it.

Injury situation? It's not like Mitchell and Flynn were acquired late in the season to play 4th line center minutes.

What game was it? We certainly didn't enter the season with 3 centers.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

If Murray didn't want Nolan, he should have fired him when he became GM. Instead he left Nolan responsible for a big bag of stinking dog ###### and now fired Nolan saying he didn't they were a 30th place team when everyone who pays attention to hockey knows that's exactly what Murray wanted.

Nolan and Murray were hired on the same day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.