2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

Miserable out today, so watching hockey instead of playing golf

Just me, or does Tavares drop/lose his stick a lot?

Really interesting, somewhat technical, "Inside Baseball" story on why Tavares might be breaking his stick so much. Strength, stance on the faceoff etc.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/36038/islanders-hope-broken-sticks-dont-break-their-hearts

For all the complaining in this thread, I like the way they have been calling these playoffs. It has made for for some pretty rough and tumble hockey.

Swampy likey.

I concur

When the isles scored that goal, I thought for sure ovi was getting a call on Tavares, it looked like boarding to me.

The only knock are some of the 10 min misconduct penalties were kinda blah

Were the Flames using smelling salts on the bench after the anthem? I thought those went out w/ parachute pants.

If it wasn't smelling salts, anybody know what it was?

I've seen them used constantly in the league. Don't think they're supposed to use it where they're clearly visible by the cameras, though.

I would've liked to see Nashville make a run, just to help hockey in a new market that has shown some promise.  On the other hand, to hell with Paul Gaustad.  I'm thinking Chicago is who I'm pulling for the rest of the way now.

Calgary just put away the Canucks, not a surprise.

Nashville played a good series. If they were matched up with any other team, they'd move on to the second round. But, between the talent and experience in Chicago, they're still a real contender.

Losing their best defenseman and best center for much of the series didn't help the Preds any.

Most Preds fans are pissed at David Poille for trading for Mike Santorelli and Cody Franson at the deadline instead of someone more physical (e.g., Chris Stewart).  Both were terrible down the stretch and didn't help the team during the playoffs.  Stupid David Poille gave up a 1st round pick for two guys who made the team worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.