2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Juolevi > Sergachev > Chychrun for me. I probably shouldn't have Sergachev second because I think his floor is considerably lower than the others, but my god am I infatuated with his offensive game.

Craig Button was on GR this AM mentioned he feels none of the D Man will be NHL Ready next season and that Sergachev is very intriguing given his offensive capabilities.

When asked about offensive prospects at 8 he mentioned Nylander and Keller

Craig Button was on GR this AM mentioned he feels none of the D Man will be NHL Ready next season and that Sergachev is very intriguing given his offensive capabilities.

When asked about offensive prospects at 8 he mentioned Nylander and Keller

GMTM has clearly stated he doesn't draft on need so these Dmen have to be best player available if they are getting drafted.

Jost, better not be the choice. It's Keller or Nylander for me at 8. I really don't want anything to do with the d-men. They are very average to me. Really, the only thing that is going to make me happy is if they trade up and get Thachuck. Also, I know he had a bad season, but Tyler Benson is going to be a star in this league. I would love to draft him with our 2nd round pick.

If Pysyk + 8 and a 3rd got us 4th overall and Columbus called asking for Girgensons to move up to 3 would you do it?  I'd certainly be torn.

Girgs alone does not move you from 3rd to 4th. Any trade involving Columbus is immediately going to start off with Reinhart

Meh, over Chychrun, just no!

I'm not advocating taking him over anyone. I said I like him.

Girgs alone does not move you from 3rd to 4th. Any trade involving Columbus is immediately going to start off with Reinhart

That's were it ends then. Reinhart is worth more than Puljujarvi

I'm just a big fan of this draft and the position we're in. Winning the lottery to get into the top three would've been preferred but it's nothing to cry about.

We could sit at eight and take pretty much anybody within a reasonable range and be happy to have them. We could make a trade up to four using something like the 8 + Pysyk base or try to get bold and move up to 3 if GMTM can do it without giving up Reinhart (doubtful and I wouldn't do it if they require Reinhart in the deal).

I think trading down a couple spots is the only option I don't like purely because I think it'd net us another second at best which isn't something I'm interested in.

I WOULD, however, be interested in a deal with Anaheim centered around 8 for 24 and Fowler (would need another piece on our end) or 8+ to St. Louis for Shattenkirk. There's some wingers around the league I'd be interested in, too.

There's very little that could happen to really upset me on day one of the draft.

1. Auston Matthews

2. Patrik Laine

3. Jesse Puljujarvi

4. Matthew Tkachuk

5. Pierre-Luc Dubois

6. Olli Juolevi

7. Jakob Chychrun

8. Tyson Jost

9. Alexander Nylander

10. Mikhail Sergachev

Give me any of those ten and I'll be happy.

Even if it's a trade up from 8 to 3, I don't trade Reinhart for that.

Ditto. I wouldn't give up Reinhart for anyone in this draft outside of possibly Matthews or Laine and even then I probably wouldn't either just because Reinhart has already proven he can succeed at this level and is versatile to play center or wing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.