GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo; 7:30m pm EST

WildCard

Huge game... This could be a fate-changing type game.

(I feel like I've found myself and other posters saying that about the last ten games or so)

Granted a lot of us have been saying that about the last ten or so, but I think this is easily the biggest game of our last 6. Lose this in regulation, and well...

Toronto is on a roll. So there is that...

After winning two in a row, it's looking less like they will fall below the Oilers, so the whole building (Sabres and Leafs fans, alike) may be cheering for them.  Definitely predicting an ugly scene if the Sabres get a lead.

if we lose, then we still have the lead with 5 to go.  No big deal

If we win, then ###### yea ######

By "lose" do you mean win and by "win" do you mean lose?

If we lose, then we stay four points behind with five to go.  If we win, the lead is down to two points.

Edmonton could officially be eliminated by earning a point more than we do.

I won't be there. I've never actually wanted the Sabres to lose. To keep my soul intact I'm going to pass on this one and won't watch at home either.

I want Eichle.

I surrender.

I can't take another soul sucking, inferior, hopeless season like this.

I want McDavid. I want Eichle.

I'll pass on this one.

Tonight is a true test of how far gone some "fans" are. Rooting against the Sabres in a home game against the hated Toronto Maple Leafs? Any remnants of a hockey soul will be apparent tonight.

how true, a true test, will the fans be fools on fool's day and give the area another(neg) press  subject or will they act like adults and not spoiled children, it will be interesting for sure

Don't expect too many Leafs fans. Tons of seats still on StubHub for less than $15. Looks like they've pretty much given up.

how true, a true test, will the fans be fools on fool's day and give the area another(neg) press subject or will they act like adults and not spoiled children, it will be interesting for sure

The players, according to Harrington, are out to screw the tank. So eff 'em. Edited by Promonov Robotnik

Tonight is a true test of how far gone some "fans" are. Rooting against the Sabres in a home game against the hated Toronto Maple Leafs? Any remnants of a hockey soul will be apparent tonight.

This is very true, although I will not blame anyone for any transgressions.  This is a horrible state for a team and their fans to be in.

One of my most hated teams and an arch rival.  You guys and gals know what I will be hoping and cheering for.

GO SABRES!!

Don't expect too many Leafs fans. Tons of seats still on StubHub for less than $15. Looks like they've pretty much given up.

The players, according to Harrington, are out to screw the tank. So eff 'em.

I have no doubt that the team has tried pretty much every game this season, it's just they do not have the talent to compete. Bulldog brought up a good point on the radio yesterday, this team has been in 30th for the past two seasons and yet the fans continue to support them. They still rank high in attendance, they have not been barraged with a loudmouth shouting "You Suck!!" On a nightly basis. Fans realize this team has been set up to fail and have not blamed them one iota. From all accounts the Pegula's have been phenomenal to the players and their families and they have given their blessing to seek a top pick.

So if the players want to use the fans cheering for a Coyotes Win as extra movitation, I don't know what to say.

I have no doubt that the team has tried pretty much every game this season, it's just they do not have the talent to compete. Bulldog brought up a good point on the radio yesterday, this team has been in 30th for the past two seasons and yet the fans continue to support them. They still rank high in attendance, they have not been barraged with a loudmouth shouting "You Suck!!" On a nightly basis. Fans realize this team has been set up to fail and have not blamed them one iota. From all accounts the Pegula's have been phenomenal to the players and their families and they have given their blessing to seek a top pick.

So if the players want to use the fans cheering for a Coyotes Win as extra movitation, I don't know what to say.

Agreed on all counts.  If it comes down to that last home game against the Pens then you you ain't seen nothin' yet, things will most definitely be U-G-L-Y at FN'C.

I say "thanks for nothing."  If players want to "screw" the team by costing them 30th out of spite, then that's a real slap in the face to the fans that have come out and cheered them for the last two miserable years.  I'll say it again, if they are so full of pride then why not play like it earlier?  When the Sabres went on their midseason tear I was ready to root for the playoffs. But now with 6 games to go, what are they proving by winning meaningless games? That they want to stick it to the man? 

I say "thanks for nothing." If players want to "screw" the team by costing them 30th out of spite, then that's a real slap in the face to the fans that have come out and cheered them for the last two miserable years. I'll say it again, if they are so full of pride then why not play like it earlier? When the Sabres went on their midseason tear I was ready to root for the playoffs. But now with 6 games to go, what are they proving by winning meaningless games? That they want to stick it to the man?

couldn't have said it any better PTR

I say "thanks for nothing."  If players want to "screw" the team by costing them 30th out of spite, then that's a real slap in the face to the fans that have come out and cheered them for the last two miserable years.  I'll say it again, if they are so full of pride then why not play like it earlier?  When the Sabres went on their midseason tear I was ready to root for the playoffs. But now with 6 games to go, what are they proving by winning meaningless games? That they want to stick it to the man? 

It's possible this is the first time I've ever agreed with you. But I think we're both proceeding on shaky ground. The tipping point for me is Vogl's report that players were "dancing" in the lockerroom. That does smell of spite, but who knows for sure? As usual, no one plainly speaks the truth any more in the media. I really don't want players' motivating factor to be tweaking the fan base. Your question as to where this enthusiasm was all season is a valid one.

It's all so bewildering. Why aren't more players fully on board the tank at this point in the season? It's in their interest, too, for the Sabres to add a generational talent. There's money at play here, for lots of guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.