GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo; 7:30m pm EST

WildCard

We can go as good as 1-4-1.  I've stopped caring in what order this can happen.  I've also stopped caring about ROWs.  If we have to beat the Leafs at home, so be it.  But that means no more winning, even on fan appreciation day.

I thought we could tie the Yotes in points? Going 2-4 doesn't make it happen' captain?

We can go as good as 1-4-1.  I've stopped caring in what order this can happen.  I've also stopped caring about ROWs.  If we have to beat the Leafs at home, so be it.  But that means no more winning, even on fan appreciation day.

I thought we could tie the Yotes in points? Going 2-4 doesn't make it happen' captain?

For all intents and purposes 2-4-0 still lands them in last place. Arizona would still hold the ROW by at least 4 games.

Losing on fan appreciation day seems wonderfully fitting

I don't think you heard me; I said

I've also stopped caring about ROWs.

Just kidding.  Yes.  Technically, we should be able to tie in points.  But I don't trust those catfishin' dickbags in the league office.  I want a mathematical difference in points with no explanations required.

Losing on fan appreciation day seems wonderfully fitting

Because losing is winning the McEichel lottery.

How  ironic is it  that the loudest cheer on fan appreciation day could be for losing and the Sabres "holding" on to last.  But if they win the Sabres could drop from the 30th spot and fans wind up booing.

For all intents and purposes 2-4-0 still lands them in last place. Arizona would still hold the ROW by at least 4 games.

I don't think you heard me; I said

Just kidding.  Yes.  Technically, we should be able to tie in points.  But I don't trust those catfishin' dickbags in the league office.  I want a mathematical difference in points with no explanations required.

Ah yep, looking back at it I completely skipped that line  :doh:

No offense taken, I should have read it better before posting. I do enjoy your new name for Bettman and Friends though  :D

Yuri:  Anna, I expected better of you.  Why so much effort for so little result.  You're flailing around like a worm on the hook.

How can you say that, Yuri?  Last year, we had twenty one wins.  This year, we have twenty one wins.  I think I get better results this year with less talent, as much as I respect you.

Yuri:  And I respect You, full royal treatment, but you are not exactly getting your message across, for I cannot say you have a clear point.  Meanwhile, you duck and dodge, but you have been impaled by this point certainly: It is better if we encourage losses.  

Though I respect your opinion Yuri, on this singular point, I believe you miscalculate.  Allow me to explain...  Do you remember the revolution?..

Just heard Meszaros in an interview say that he hasn't changed anything in his game recently. He thought that maybe he had to "work harder." 

This dovetails the crap I read in the lead Sabres article in today's Snooze, about how they are determined to work hard and go out and get these last 6 games. How there's a ton of character in that room. 

Spare me. Too little, too late for this sorry ass team of underachievers. Where was the hard work and character in the first 6 games of the year when it mattered? 

This clusterphuck of a season can't end fast enough. 

GO SABRES!!!

Fans at the game better cheer for the Sabres...am I the only one that thinks it is a jinx to root against the Sabres demonstratively?  Plus it will motivate the players.  Just keep it calm and maybe we can win this thing yet. 

What bothers me is it is obvious the Sabres aren't tanking and are doing their best.  But look at Arizona?  I couldn't watch that game after the first period - their D gave us like three breakaways in the first.  They have been the team tanking games!  Why do people keep accusing the Sabres of tanking?  All they have to do is watch.

Edited by smj

Yuri:  I remember it well, Anna, and I fought for it in my youth.  My pen-name was The Chisel.  My colleagues, some of them famous, helped to convince the proletariat to back the Bolsheviks when that all went down.  What is the matter in that?

My friend, it is one and the same, now, here what we see.  Perhaps you do not see it, but it is one and the same...

Yuri:  In my time, Anna, we fought for the Party of Lenin, and it was truly revolutionary.  We were inspired, convinced we would conquer the world, and that was real, Anna, very real.  It never did come to fruition the way we dreamed, but in 1917, I'd have killed you for the very idea of our future.

I, too, was there, Yuri.  We were full of ideals, like saints.  Everything made sense.  We were entirely commited, and let the sinners do the killing work.  Our hands remained clean, but that just gave the killers the taste of blood!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.