2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I've read comments from Jets fans not to expect much from Kane on the PP.

His forte is 5-on-5 play, although he is apparently a good penalty killer.

The quarterback is still big ?. Eichel is an interesting thought, but it scares me defensively.

I'm just glad we won't be forced to watch Brian Flynn weave his magic with the extra man this year

I'm just glad we won't be forced to watch Brian Flynn weave his magic with the extra man this year

:lol: :lol:

Ennis on the PP?

I gotta think he is a major player on the first line PP.

Ahh! Good call.  This is awesome.  We actually have several talented forwards.  So many that I forget about them.

I think Ennis O'Reilly Moulson is the likely first unit up front to start the year, but Jack will be there by the end.

Kane Eichel Reinhart number two, with Gionta or Girgensons on deck?

Anybody know what type of PP Bylsma/Barr prefers?

PK with Kane/O'Reilly/Bogo/Gorges should be very good.

I think Ennis O'Reilly Moulson is the likely first unit up front to start the year, but Jack will be there by the end.

Kane Eichel Reinhart number two, with Gionta or Girgensons on deck?

Anybody know what type of PP Bylsma/Barr prefers?

PK with Kane/O'Reilly/Bogo/Gorges should be very good.

Not sure how Bylsma worked it in the past. But with the likes of Eichel, Girgensons, and O'Reilly the D should be given more liberty to pinch or be more creative as we will have some of the best two way forwards out there at all times.

Chad Ruhwedel is my dark horse on the PP. He reminds me of Brian Campbell, it would be a nice surprise if he turns out to play the same game.

Here's my latest line-up, with a top lefty D the one glaring roster hole at the moment which I assume GMTM is still busy trying to fill:

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

McGinn - Girgensons - Gionta

Foligno - Larsson - Deslauriers

??? - Bogosian

Gorges - Ristolainen

Colaiacovo - Pysyk

Lehner

Johnson, Weber, McCormick, Legwand

Girgensons is being wasted by centering McGinn and Gionta. 

I know there are a lot of shiny new toys for us fans to fawn over. We can't forget what Girgensons brings to this team. I would rather Girgensons play wing on the top two lines than center the third. 

Kane - O'Reilly - Girgensons with Eichel & Ennis on the second line. Moulson looks to be the default winger on that second line. I would like to see the Sabres move Moulson out and upgrade on the wing. 

IMO, there is a big drop off after the top six guys, Kane. O'Reilly, Eichel, Ennis, Girgensons and Reinhart, and the rest of the roster. I am very interested in what additional moves Murray will be making as the season progresses. As fun as this off-season has been, there is still a ton of work to be done on this roster for his team to move closer to the ultimate goal. 

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Girgensons

McGinn - Reinhart - Gionta

It's something I can live with... In some games if things don't play out the way they want it, they could always just switch Reinhart and Gionta...

Girgensons is being wasted by centering McGinn and Gionta. 

I know there are a lot of shiny new toys for us fans to fawn over. We can't forget what Girgensons brings to this team. I would rather Girgensons play wing on the top two lines than center the third. 

Kane - O'Reilly - Girgensons with Eichel & Ennis on the second line. Moulson looks to be the default winger on that second line. I would like to see the Sabres move Moulson out and upgrade on the wing. 

IMO, there is a big drop off after the top six guys, Kane. O'Reilly, Eichel, Ennis, Girgensons and Reinhart, and the rest of the roster. I am very interested in what additional moves Murray will be making as the season progresses. As fun as this off-season has been, there is still a ton of work to be done on this roster for his team to move closer to the ultimate goal. 

I'd like them to tinker with the idea of Girgensons centering Kane and Ennis.  That would open up an awful lot of room for Ennis.

They then could have assist-man O'Reilly centering Moulson and Reinhart, both of whom can find the back of the net.

Eichel can have a centering role on a non-traditional third line with McGinn and Gionta while he gets up to speed.

The fourth line would be used like a traditional third line.

Kane O'Reilly Reinhart

Girgensons Eichel Ennis

Moulson Larsson Gionta

McGinn Foligno Deslauriers

Gorges Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Weber Psysk

Lehner

Puts our best 6 forwards in the top 6 while matching up R/L handedness as much as possible and gives our 3rd line the ability to put up some points. Foligno isn't a natural center but he's played the position some and shoud be able to handle centering the 4th line. Not crazy about the defense but it puts leftys on the left and righties on the right with young guys and veterans paired together. It could work, but we'll have to wait and see what Blysma does.

Kane O'Reilly Reinhart

Girgensons Eichel Ennis

Moulson Larsson Gionta

McGinn Foligno Deslauriers

Gorges Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Weber Psysk

Lehner

Puts our best 6 forwards in the top 6 while matching up R/L handedness as much as possible and gives our 3rd line the ability to put up some points. Foligno isn't a natural center but he's played the position some and shoud be able to handle centering the 4th line. Not crazy about the defense but it puts leftys on the left and righties on the right with young guys and veterans paired together. It could work, but we'll have to wait and see what Blysma does.

Don't like your 3rd line at all. If Moulson isn't on the 2nd line, you might as well trade him or send him to Ra-cha-cha. Give him a top C and he'll pot a bunch. He's wasted w/ Larsson.

There is a logjam imo because people I would like...

Top 6 ice time: Kane, O'Reilly, Ennis, Moulson, Eichel, Girgensons, Reinhart

3rd Line: Foligno, Mcginn, Gionta, Larsson

4th Line: Deslauriers, Legwand, McCormick

I think the focus has to be to develop Eichel, Girgensons, and Reinhart by giving them strong linemates and minutes.  I think that is going to take away from developing foligno and larsson a bit (maybe?)

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

Foligno - Girgensons - Mcginn

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

Bogosian - Ristolainen

Gorges - Pysyk

Weber - Colaiacovo

Lehner

Johnson

Scratched = Legwand, McCormick, Donovan

Notes: I really think either reinhart or eichel should be on O'Relly's wing.  At least this gives larsson gionta to play with, but I would much rather see larsson traded for some D help......we need D help

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Starting to think McCabe will make the team this year.

Legwand McCormick dropping out of the line up so far, makes me think one of Deslauriers / Larsson might get traded allthough keeping older guys for young up and comers doesn't make any sense to me.   I'd prefer to trade legwand and retain 50% of his salary or something.

Edited by Heimdall

Most of the above posts seem to undervalue Legwand.  He is a solid two-way player with over 1000 games of NHL experience and over 600 points (former #2 overall pick).  And, he can play in all situations (led the Sens in PP goals last year).  At worst he provides veteran mentorship for our two young centers for a year.  And, with only one year left on his contract if he becomes expendable he can be dealt at the deadline.

I've watched the guy play for years down here and unless his skills have really fallen off over the past year, he will be in the lineup this year for the Sabres (probably 4th line due to CodyMac's health concerns).

Most of the above posts seem to undervalue Legwand.  He is a solid two-way player with over 1000 games of NHL experience and over 600 points (former #2 overall pick).  And, he can play in all situations (led the Sens in PP goals last year).  At worst he provides veteran mentorship for our two young centers for a year.  And, with only one year left on his contract if he becomes expendable he can be dealt at the deadline.

I've watched the guy play for years down here and unless his skills have really fallen off over the past year, he will be in the lineup this year for the Sabres (probably 4th line due to CodyMac's health concerns).

He's much better than Needstoretire. Who knows, sometimes the vets get healthy in an offseason and can add a lot. Legwand is a smart player.

Kane - O'Reilly - Girgenson

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

Foligno Reinhart - Mcginn

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

Bogosian - Ristolainen

Gorges - Pysyk

Weber - Colaiacovo

Lehner

Edited by Ducky

Kane - O'Douls - Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

McGinn - Girgensons - Gionta

Foligno - Larsson - Desluariers 

Bogosian - Ristolainen 

McCabe - Georges

Weber - Pysk

Lehner

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.