The . Thread

Byebye

Come October, all the wounds from this season will mend instantaneously when the Sabres score their first goal of the 2015-2016 season and every member of the board celebrates together without reservation.

Until then, anyone who is anti-tank is just a pathetic little baby with a poopy diaper.

I need changing.

What are the snow people?

Crab people of the Great White North.

Coo coo coo co coo coo coo co!

I actually miss the old politics thread with hopeful.  It was much more entertaining

I agree.  The only thing I don't miss is him considering himself to be neutral.  It's ok to be a wingnut; just be honest about it.

I don't.  I can't abide a flat out liar.

Come October, all the wounds from this season will mend instantaneously when the Sabres score their first goal of the 2015-2016 season and every member of the board celebrates together without reservation.

Until then, anyone who is anti-tank is just a pathetic little baby with a poopy diaper.

Isn't it a sign of the hard times that I've highlighted your post, by quoting it, for its hardness, and obliqueness.

You are set in your losing ways, Robviously.  You've carved out a definite niche.  In the future, when we really want to lose, we will turn to your obvious expertise.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

It's not just the missing hockey that is breaking me. It's also the winter. It's not having the distraction that gets me through the winter and at the same time having the worst winter weather in my lifetime. When I saw the fresh snow on the ground this morning, I nearly cried.

It's not just the missing hockey that is breaking me. It's also the winter. It's not having the distraction that gets me through the winter and at the same time having the worst winter weather in my lifetime. When I saw the fresh snow on the ground this morning, I nearly cried.

I feel the opposite; the sight of my bare yard makes me sad as I pack up my snowboard gear for what is likely the season. I hate this time of year, when there's not enough snow to go boarding but it's still too effing cold and yucky to be outside and do much else. This is when I'll miss the Sabres most (spring with no playoffs, again).

Yep, I get it.  If you have a problem with the way a specific poster posts, don't go calling him out in the thread.  It does no good and it reflects badly on yourself for posting that ######.  Send them a PM or something if you really feel the need to correct and nanny them. Or let the mods do it.  And mods:  If you need to do it, issue your warnings in PMs or if a post crosses the line, simply delete it.

On another forum I'm on, one several orders of magnitude larger than this (over 400,000 registered members), they have a dedicated thread for bannings and discipline and the like.  If they feel something needs to be said (generally only for bannings at this point), they post only in that thread about it.  And even then, it's a very generic statement:  "Banned 1 month, repeated harassment of other members."  No mention of the specific incident or the other members involved (doing so just tends to keep feuds going).  If a mod deletes posts because they offend the guidelines and it disrupts the flow of the thread, they just put a little one line post in saying that several posts were deleted without going into specifics.

Actually, yes.  The sniping between between board members as a proportion of on-topic posts has increased dramatically.

I gave up on PM's when people decided to bring the PM's into the thread.

Yeah, that other forum I mentioned?  Posting PM material out on a thread is actually an automatic ban offense.  The only thing you can share, PM-wise, is if someone is violating the code of conduct (usually threat or name calling or whatever) in a PM, you can share that PM with an admin.

Part of it comes down to the social norms for that thread; airing a PM in public is viewed to be in very bad form on that other forum; you just don't do that.

Remember SnowMobile3019840923851, and their was another SnowSomethingorother? They both have since been permanently banned.

PA got banned/quit-and-lurked for a year or so after a contentious interaction with some board members.

No, I told SDS off. I deserved the ban. But I didn't lurk here. I went to HF Boards. They didn't like me either. The feeling is mutual. There's nothing like SabreSpace. So I came back.

Yeah, that other forum I mentioned?  Posting PM material out on a thread is actually an automatic ban offense.  The only thing you can share, PM-wise, is if someone is violating the code of conduct (usually threat or name calling or whatever) in a PM, you can share that PM with an admin.

Part of it comes down to the social norms for that thread; airing a PM in public is viewed to be in very bad form on that other forum; you just don't do that.

I should correct myself, the actual PM wasn't brought into the thread but the fact that I sent the PM did as well as the topic. I'm not going to mention any names, but I said the reason I sent the PM to the people I was having issues with was because nobody in the thread wanted to read the bickering. 

Still, nobody should be bringing PM's into the discussion, you are correct. If it gets to the point of harassment then bring it to the mods' attention. But leave it out of the threads. 

I should correct myself, the actual PM wasn't brought into the thread but the fact that I sent the PM did as well as the topic. I'm not going to mention any names, but I said the reason I sent the PM to the people I was having issues with was because nobody in the thread wanted to read the bickering. 

Still, nobody should be bringing PM's into the discussion, you are correct. If it gets to the point of harassment then bring it to the mods' attention. But leave it out of the threads. 

PMS should be banned.

One of my first posts on this forum, someone told me to look up thread. Most of what I was saying had already been posted. Sometimes people want to post something without reading the entire thread! Why is that? Lots of the time half of the threads have tons of posts that are virtually meaningless. Whether it be people taking a chance to call someone else down or just straight bitching about something that has 0 to do with the topic. I don't want to have to read through a bunch of crap to find a few good posts.

As far as the people getting upset that I started this thread, suck my f'ing D. Seriously, I put up with all of your so I have zfg on any of your opinions.

How often do you get any new posters? Ever wonder why? Well I'm sure none of you care but this is my last post here, as well as my last time coming on this site. If in the future you want more people to join, and have meaningful discussions then heed my advice... Or better yet, go cry about us being in last and post a bunch of bs because your sad or mad or whatever else.

Have a nice day guys, I'll miss reading some of your posts, as for the rest of you... Enjoy the season

PMS should be banned.

The following post is a joke(have to clarify on here because most probably won't get it)

I think if they could ban it they would, I haven't met one woman who enjoyed it. Love how nobody calls you a sexiest neanderthal. Oh wait, you have enough posts to say whatever the you want my bad

Dude.  Too much caffeine.  I thought my kidding was obvious.

The following post is a joke(have to clarify on here because most probably won't get it)

I think if they could ban it they would, I haven't met one woman who enjoyed it. Love how nobody calls you a sexiest neanderthal. Oh wait, you have enough posts to say whatever the ###### you want my bad

We all know he's a sexist neanderthal.  It's been well discussed.  We've accepted him as OUR sexist neanderthal.

One of my first posts on this forum, someone told me to look up thread. Most of what I was saying had already been posted. Sometimes people want to post something without reading the entire thread! Why is that? Lots of the time half of the threads have tons of posts that are virtually meaningless. Whether it be people taking a chance to call someone else down or just straight bitching about something that has 0 to do with the topic. I don't want to have to read through a bunch of crap to find a few good posts.

As far as the people getting upset that I started this thread, suck my f'ing D. Seriously, I put up with all of your ###### so I have zfg on any of your opinions.

How often do you get any new posters? Ever wonder why? Well I'm sure none of you care but this is my last post here, as well as my last time coming on this site. If in the future you want more people to join, and have meaningful discussions then heed my advice... Or better yet, go cry about us being in last and post a bunch of bs because your sad or mad or whatever else.

Have a nice day guys, I'll miss reading some of your posts, as for the rest of you... Enjoy the season ######

As per usual, I don't know what the hell is going on.  :huh:

Well now I'm right there with you  :lol:

I think if they could ban it they would, I haven't met one woman who enjoyed it. Love how nobody calls you a sexiest neanderthal. Oh wait, you have enough posts to say whatever the ###### you want my bad

You started the period topic equating people complaining to women having menstrual cycles. Grumpy old man just said PMS should be banned. I'm sure women would agree with that. Yours was sexist, his wasn't - nothing to do with post count. Then you said people that disagree with you should "suck your f'ing D". Please, see a therapist about your problems with women.

Not to mention my comment was in the spirit of *your* thread

next time you have a problem with someone, and you want to batch and complain, come to it in this thread

For clarity - you're a sexist Neanderthal, not the sexiest one. Edited by Assquatch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.