GDT Buffalo@Florida 3:00pm EST

WildCard

I'll lay claim to that questioning of morality. Put it all on me if you'd like. I think fans rooting for the tank are choosing the laziest of coping strategies simply because the logic is sound. 

I've chosen a career with summers "off" and minimal accountability later on...if the laziest of coping strategies isn't appropriate, I don't know what is! :D

If it was directed at you I understand it.  You're a ###### fan.   :P

Well, I do want Hodgson to be on the team next year, so I just might be... :ph34r:

Well im all the way pro tank, but i did want to seem growth on this team, and this has dissapointed me alot.

This sentence is hilarious. "Yeah I want the team to lose on purpose but I do want to see some growth too."

What the ###### do you think is going to develop on a team that's losing on purpose?

Edited by TheMatrix31

This sentence is hilarious. "Yeah I want the team to lose on purpose but I do want to see some growth too."

What the ###### do you think is going to develop on a team that's losing on purpose?

They aren't losing on purpose they are losing because they are bad at the hockey.

At this point, winning our way out of last is a slap in the face to the fans who've had to put up with garbage the last two seasons. What's the difference between this and fighting our way to 8th place and losing the first round? The very thing we all couldn't stand in the first place?

I've taken a beating on the resale market the last two seasons due to the tank. Don't tell me now we have to start suddenly win meaningless games to get a warm, fuzzy feeling.

At this point, winning our way out of last is a slap in the face to the fans who've had to put up with garbage the last two seasons. What's the difference between this and fighting our way to 8th place and losing the first round? The very thing we all couldn't stand in the first place?

I've taken a beating on the resale market the last two seasons due to the tank. Don't tell me now we have to start suddenly win meaningless games to get a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Better late than never to join the party! This team had not a snowballs chance in hell of sniffing the playoffs from the start of last season. Therefore, IMO winning has served zero purpose in terms of moving this franchise forward since that time.

Bills fans are used to this scenario pretty routinely...root like mad for the team but when it is clear the season is lost hope we get the earliest draft pick so we can potentially build a better team.  Rooting for what's best long-term is still rooting for the team - it's not really a conscious thing for me.  What we hope for has nothing to do with the results on the ice anyway.  I would be ticked if we do get McDavid or Eichel and they don't turn out to be the two best players in the draft!  Anyone think there is an option at number 3 that really could be a better player than those two?

Wait, so the tanking mentality lingers? For years? The tankers could be pulling more losses a year from now if the Sabres are out of the playoffs because Xavier LaFlamme's kid brother is tearing up the Quebec league and is projected to go in the top 3?

Gobsmacked at all the empty seats in Sunrise, FL. They have a good team and it was Jagr's first game. FL definitely is not a hockey market and it must be moved to either QBC or LV. Attendance -- 10,000 plus? I doubt it.

post-2267-0-40380700-1425226140_thumb.jpg

Edited by 716

Only the second or third game I've missed all year. This was quite the thread.

I've read through six pages and all I learned about the game was we got outshot and lost and Sabrespace is struggling to keep it together.

Mediocrity was the disease. Like it or not, these two painful seasons have been the treatment.

There are no guarantees of rainbows unicorns and jujubes when we emerge at the other end.

Chemo ain't easy. You grit your teeth. You take it it.

You hope life gets better on the other side, but you play the cards you're dealt.

Hang in there people. Only 19 games to go.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

Gobsmacked at all the empty seats in Sunrise, FL. They have a good team and it was Jagr's first game. FL definitely is not a hockey market and it must be moved to either QBC or LV. Attendance -- 10,000 plus? I doubt it.

"Florida just doesn't like hockey, but we're pretty sure Las Vegas is a no brainer!" - The NHL, and no intelligent person ever.

FML.

I can't wait for this season to end.

Hopefully all this nonsense will end too.

I understand the reality of this season.  It certainly has taken it's toll on the fan base.

We are all Sabre fans and we all want our team to succeed.  I harbor no ill will against pro-tankers.  They view things a certain way, that on some level may be different than anti-tankers, but the bottom line is we all want the Sabres to win the cup.

I will never, ever, root for my team to lose.  I will never cheer when the other team wins.  I will cheer Sabre goals and I will boo when the other team scores.  That in no way makes me a better, or worse fan, than the next guy, or gal.  We are all fans and we all want our team to be great.

I can't wait for this season to end.

Hopefully all this nonsense will end too.

I understand the reality of this season.  It certainly has taken it's toll on the fan base.

We are all Sabre fans and we all want our team to succeed.  I harbor no ill will against pro-tankers.  They view things a certain way, that on some level may be different than anti-tankers, but the bottom line is we all want the Sabres to win the cup.

I will never, ever, root for my team to lose.  I will never cheer when the other team wins.  I will cheer Sabre goals and I will boo when the other team scores.  That in no way makes me a better, or worse fan, than the next guy, or gal.  We are all fans and we all want our team to be great.

Screw you!  Admit your wrong!!!1! [sic]

Lose 5-3 after being up 2-0?

Surprise-Hidden-Tank.gif

That's awesome.

Doohickie has been my online moniker for about 15 years, maybe more. I changed it on a whim last year to Neuvirths Glove. My avatar is my link to Doohickie; on most forums I post to (and Facebook), I use this avatar. It was taken on my birthday three and a half years ago by a talented photographer friend of mine.

I'd probably wait until 3pm before changing anything up. :)

Hi Jeanbe!  Are you woman too?  I am woman too.

To me it seems, sadly... you may still be fighting little voice in your head that tells you what is right and what is wrong.  It is called Conscience.  All of pro-tank propaganda, media, and fan-pressure in World will not shut voice up.  Little voice says something about this is wrong.  Something just does not make sense.  

If you obey little voice, and cheer for your teams players to beat other teams players, your conscience will be clean again.  And, between us girls, nobody will blame you for cheering for home team to win.  Fate rests in hands of players on the ice.  To blame you for win is highly illogical, even according to very advanced statistics.  You play insignificant role in outcome, and bear mathematical equivalent of 0% responsibility.

On the other hand, if you disobey conscience and root for team to lose, you are ignoring damage to players and coaches careers for self-interest.  It is because you are promised a bill of goods - knowledge, wealth, McEichel, and happiness - for disobeying your conscience.  

You stand to lose very much by disobeying your conscience.  I refer to Adam and Eve.  I think you are now seeing the early results of what I call Paradise Lost phenomenon.  Fans who cheer for loss are able to enjoy neither loss or win.  It will get worse, even if we draft number one.   Promised bill of goods is not delivered till Parade.  You will not be content with just pick in draft.

Look at me :angel:​ , cheering for wins, no longer upset at losses.  Happy when we score!  :D   Oh well  :oops:when team scores against.  It is Paradise. 

Look at tankers  :devil:  cheering for losses, no longer thankful for wins.  Angry when we score!   :angry:  Dogmatically snarky  <_< when team scores against.  It is Hell.  

I do feel sorry for fans who feel they must ignore conscience to fit in, or believe in bill of goods on promise of delivery at unspecified future date.  They are real victims.

There is also this logic: that you are rooting against the people on the ice who are representing your city.  Why?  Because people, who claim to be wisdom, tell you that you should root against players, or will be stupid  I call these people collectively, Serpent.

I will not think anyone is weirdo for living game-by-game hoping for each win.  What I do think is weird, is great masses of people, jumping on current bandwagon to make believe place they tell you.  I would recommend elementary book on logic to this Serpent promising Hockey Heaven, if we lose.

Consider this.  This is called Fallacy of Affirming the Consequent.  If you are in Canada, you are in North America;  You are in North America, therefore you are in Canada.  (but I'm in Buffalo! - No, stupid, you have been proven irrefutably to be in Canada).

The Penguins tanked and had success.  You are tanking, therefore, you will have success. 

Also, why do they need your support in losing?  Because without your support, people in charge of Sabres would bear full responsibility for plan not working out.  With your support, you Jeanbe can be blamed for going along with whole thing.

Long winded way of saying tanking doesnt guarantee success and it didnt have to be done. On the first true, on the second once darcy didnt replace the team with talented centers tanking imo was inevitable, just want the job done right and be finished this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.