GDT Buffalo@Florida 3:00pm EST

WildCard

I hope you have someone writing for you. :P

I hope you work on reading comprehension.:p

The entire point of my post was to be condescending to those on each side who are condescending to the others. The arguments from pro-tankers that anti-tankers don't understand or are stupid are garbage. So are the pro-tankers that say the anti-tankers have morals... Both sides have their opinions and that's okay. Insulting people from the other side is just foolish.

Eat butts.

Edited by Tank

Sadly I shouted a YES when the Panthers scored. 

Hi Jeanbe!  Are you woman too?  I am woman too.

To me it seems, sadly... you may still be fighting little voice in your head that tells you what is right and what is wrong.  It is called Conscience.  All of pro-tank propaganda, media, and fan-pressure in World will not shut voice up.  Little voice says something about this is wrong.  Something just does not make sense.  

If you obey little voice, and cheer for your teams players to beat other teams players, your conscience will be clean again.  And, between us girls, nobody will blame you for cheering for home team to win.  Fate rests in hands of players on the ice.  To blame you for win is highly illogical, even according to very advanced statistics.  You play insignificant role in outcome, and bear mathematical equivalent of 0% responsibility.

On the other hand, if you disobey conscience and root for team to lose, you are ignoring damage to players and coaches careers for self-interest.  It is because you are promised a bill of goods - knowledge, wealth, McEichel, and happiness - for disobeying your conscience.  

You stand to lose very much by disobeying your conscience.  I refer to Adam and Eve.  I think you are now seeing the early results of what I call Paradise Lost phenomenon.  Fans who cheer for loss are able to enjoy neither loss or win.  It will get worse, even if we draft number one.   Promised bill of goods is not delivered till Parade.  You will not be content with just pick in draft.

Look at me :angel:​ , cheering for wins, no longer upset at losses.  Happy when we score!  :D   Oh well  :oops:when team scores against.  It is Paradise. 

Look at tankers  :devil:  cheering for losses, no longer thankful for wins.  Angry when we score!   :angry:  Dogmatically snarky  <_< when team scores against.  It is Hell.  

I do feel sorry for fans who feel they must ignore conscience to fit in, or believe in bill of goods on promise of delivery at unspecified future date.  They are real victims.

There is also this logic: that you are rooting against the people on the ice who are representing your city.  Why?  Because people, who claim to be wisdom, tell you that you should root against players, or will be stupid  I call these people collectively, Serpent.

I will not think anyone is weirdo for living game-by-game hoping for each win.  What I do think is weird, is great masses of people, jumping on current bandwagon to make believe place they tell you.  I would recommend elementary book on logic to this Serpent promising Hockey Heaven, if we lose.

Consider this.  This is called Fallacy of Affirming the Consequent.  If you are in Canada, you are in North America;  You are in North America, therefore you are in Canada.  (but I'm in Buffalo! - No, stupid, you have been proven irrefutably to be in Canada).

The Penguins tanked and had success.  You are tanking, therefore, you will have success. 

Also, why do they need your support in losing?  Because without your support, people in charge of Sabres would bear full responsibility for plan not working out.  With your support, you Jeanbe can be blamed for going along with whole thing.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

I hope you work on reading comprehension. :P

The entire point of my post was to be condescending to those on each side who are condescending to the others. The arguments from pro-tankers that anti-tankers don't understand or are stupid are garbage. So are the pro-tankers that say the anti-tankers have ###### morals... Both sides have their opinions and that's okay. Insulting people from the other side is just foolish.

Eat butts.

That's fine, but I don't think any anti-tankers have said the tankers have morals.  They have said that purposely setting up a team to lose is wrong, but that is directed at the folks orchestrating the tank, not the fans who are rooting for the outcome.  

That's fine, but I don't think any anti-tankers have said the tankers have ###### morals.  They have said that purposely setting up a team to lose is wrong, but that is directed at the folks orchestrating the tank, not the fans who are rooting for the outcome.  

I distinctly remember being told I'm not a real fan because I want the team to lose. We've been called fake fans, crappy fans, and all other variants implying we're somehow inferior because we want the team on a different path to building a contender. And yea, plenty of tankers have made implications about the intelligence of the anti-tankers. As I said in an earlier post, both sides dived head-first into the muck a long time ago.

That's fine, but I don't think any anti-tankers have said the tankers have ###### morals.  They have said that purposely setting up a team to lose is wrong, but that is directed at the folks orchestrating the tank, not the fans who are rooting for the outcome.  

I'll lay claim to that questioning of morality. Put it all on me if you'd like. I think fans rooting for the tank are choosing the laziest of coping strategies simply because the logic is sound. 

I distinctly remember being told I'm not a real fan because I want the team to lose. We've been called fake fans, crappy fans, and all other variants implying we're somehow inferior because we want the team on a different path to building a contender. And yea, plenty of tankers have made implications about the intelligence of the anti-tankers. As I said in an earlier post, both sides dived head-first into the muck a long time ago.

If it was directed at you I understand it.  You're a fan.   :P

I'll lay claim to that questioning of morality. Put it all on me if you'd like. I think fans rooting for the tank are choosing the laziest of coping strategies simply because the logic is sound. 

How is it a coping strategy if we chose to do it before it began?

I laid it all on Regier earlier.  But at this point I've got it all on Pegula though.  It was a team choice.  Pegs chose to continue this.  I don't blame the fans.  They're desperate.  They'll fall for anything.   :ph34r:  :P

I laid it all on Regier earlier.  But at this point I've got it all on Pegula though.  It was a team choice.  Pegs chose to continue this.  I don't blame the fans.  They're desperate.  They'll fall for anything.   :ph34r:  :P

I've said before that it certainly starts with Regier. He's the abusive father in this relationship. The tankers are just his victims. 

Pretty simple....Eichel is a billion times better than the next guy. Wins get us the "next guy".

Sound logic?  

I like Marner.  Skates better, scores better, body is developing slower = higher ceiling.

Jack is fully grown already - probably doping.  Marner is a late bloomer - natural... dare I say more beautiful.

That's why I am hoping to pick third.  

Where was Datsyuk picked?

;)

It could be that teams that do things right way get little gifts from the Hockey Gods.  Gifts like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

Sound logic?  

I like Marner.  Skates better, scores better, body is developing slower = higher ceiling.

Jack is fully grown already - probably doping.  Marner is a late bloomer - natural... dare I say more beautiful.

That's why I am hoping to pick third.  

Where was Datsyuk picked?

;)

It could be that teams that do things right way get little gifts from the Hockey Gods.  Gifts like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

I would not want to go through what Detroit went through to appease the hockey gods.  Detroit was mediocre to lousy for a decade.  

Wait........  Nevermind.

See Weave? There are many anti-tankers that have used the moral argument. Just because you're on that side doesn't mean you're all perfect. :P

I must say танк, that we may be ideologically opposed, but you are like a brother to me.

Why must you fight this war?

But I admire your bravery.

Turn your sword to thine Serpent,

And let thysef free.

Tee hee,

Tee hee,

Tee hee.

I would not want to go through what Detroit went through to appease the hockey gods.  Detroit was mediocre to lousy for a decade.  

Wait........  Nevermind.

are you saying that they made a deal with the devil? that they sacrificed the city of Detroit...crime,ghettos,bankruptcy,human misery...for hockey greatness?

are you saying that they made a deal with the devil? that they sacrificed the city of Detroit...crime,ghettos,bankruptcy,human misery...for hockey greatness?

If that's all it would take, let's step up our game and overtake them next year.

As it stands, Buffalo is only third among the major US cities in childhood poverty.

That's Hanifin territory.

Tank on!

Hockey Heaven.

#blueprint

Do it for Pegula!

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

Bills fans are used to this scenario pretty routinely...root like mad for the team but when it is clear the season is lost hope we get the earliest draft pick so we can potentially build a better team.  Rooting for what's best long-term is still rooting for the team - it's not really a conscious thing for me.  What we hope for has nothing to do with the results on the ice anyway.  I would be ticked if we do get McDavid or Eichel and they don't turn out to be the two best players in the draft!  Anyone think there is an option at number 3 that really could be a better player than those two?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.