GDT Buffalo@Florida 3:00pm EST

WildCard

It took until March to piss Bio off to this point? That's impressive right there; I think this is the first time I've ever seen you mad, not that it's not understandable.

Agreed.

I do the same thing. I check here for people's opinions/analysis on how they're playing, but if a goal happens I treat the Carrion like my GDT.

No.   :nana:

Honestly I like my avatar a lot right now, stoic bear has grown on me; I may keep it.

Holy ###### this hit my like a ton of bricks. I completely forgot you were Doohickie 

:blush: Sorry, guys... probably some work stress carrying over to here this week.  And I do like your new avatar, Comrade.   :thumbsup:

edit: And I don't usually post tanky stuff in this year's GDTs.  I did just about every game last year for fun.

I figured that this year would be so brutal of a season on us that we didn't need much of that, and that people would want to grieve/celebrate in their own ways.

Your tank compilations last year were nothing short of incredible. You'll find no complaints here if you take up the old mantle in the CHL thread

:blush: Sorry, guys... probably some work stress carrying over to here this week.  And I do like your new avatar, Comrade.   :thumbsup:

No worries, you've tried enough times to calmly work it out. Sometimes you just gotta rage  :thumbsup:

And gracias to the bold

Holy ###### this hit my like a ton of bricks. I completely forgot you were Doohickie

Doohickie has been my online moniker for about 15 years, maybe more. I changed it on a whim last year to Neuvirths Glove. My avatar is my link to Doohickie; on most forums I post to (and Facebook), I use this avatar. It was taken on my birthday three and a half years ago by a talented photographer friend of mine.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Doohickie has been my online moniker for about 15 years, maybe more. I changed it on a whim last year to Neuvirths Glove. My avatar is my link to Doohickie; on most forums I post to (and Facebook), I use this avatar. It was taken on my birthday three and a half years ago by a talented photographer friend of mine.

Oh it's a blog you run? I never knew that. I just figured your avatar was awesome picture you found online of a dude rocking a rubber chicken. I'll admit it makes more sense now  :lol:

It's silly that people are whining about tankers being douchebags to non-tankers. I've never taken the "we're smarter than you" side of things because you're a tool if you think that way... But the non-tanker still do the whole "moral high-horse garbage." Both sides have their opinions and that's how it is...

I think it's crazy to still try to fight for this team and I DO think that wins are the absolute worst thing for this franchise... But if you can't root for them to lose that's your deal. I don't think you're less of a person/fan for it. Neither side should be condescending to the other.

It's silly that people are whining about tankers being douchebags to non-tankers. I've never taken the "we're smarter than you" side of things because you're a tool if you think that way... But the non-tanker still do the whole "moral high-horse garbage." Both sides have their opinions and that's how it is...

I think it's crazy to still try to fight for this team and I DO think that wins are the absolute worst thing for this franchise... But if you can't root for them to lose that's your deal. I don't think you're less of a person/fan for it. Neither side should be condescending to the other.

You can't say this "moral high-horse garbage"  and then post with a straight face "Neither side should be condescending to the other".  It is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Anyway, anti-tankers reasoning is mostly based on some sort of "rooting to lose is weird/bad".  It's not any more garbage than the Machiavellian logic of the tankers.  

I think come draft day the non-tankers will think differently. No offense but none of you will remember what happened on Feb.26 when you were happy we beat Vancouver. However, you will feel horrible when we are picking third or fourth.

So just deal with reality - it is best for this organization to lose. And if you are a fan you should want what's best.

I think come draft day the non-tankers will think differently. No offense but none of you will remember what happened on Feb.26 when you were happy we beat Vancouver. However, you will feel horrible when we are picking third or fourth.

So just deal with reality - it is best for this organization to lose. And if you are a fan you should want what's best.

Don't tell me what I should want.  I know what I want and I am comfortable with my reasons for it.

Don't tell me what I should want. I know what I want and I am comfortable with my reasons for it.

That is perfectly fine. Just don't ever bitch about the difference between McEichel and whoever we pick if we keep winning games. This is what you want so be prepared to deal with the consequences down the road.

Edited by sicknfla

You (collectively, addressed both to tankers and anti-tankers) are missing an important point here: NOTHING the fans do affect the outcome of the games, with the possible exception of the fans that actually go to games. We can hope for wins or we can hope for losses and still be dedicated fans because whichever way we root has NO effect on whether we get McEichel.

That is perfectly fine. Just don't ever bitch about the difference between McEichel and whoever we pick if we keep winning games. This is what you want so be prepared to deal with the consequences down the road.

Enough with the I'm Dad and I know know better than you attitude.  Really.  

I'll add to this, if you think what anti-tankers really want is 3rd best pick then you have no clue about what the anti-tank mindset is.  And at this point, after conversation ad nauseum, there is no point in further explanation.  It has obviously gone over your head.

Edited by weave

I don't think anybody is questioning the advantage of drafting high. That's not the issue. 

How far back? I could go back to Neuvirth's Glove, but I started on this board (and post in several other ones) as Doohickie.

I really don't want to go back to loose goose. He plays for the predators now...

No.   :nana:

Honestly I like my avatar a lot right now, stoic bear has grown on me; I may keep it.

Haha, it's just that so many names have changed over the last week or two I have no idea who I'm reading.  :P

Enough with the I'm Dad and I know know better than you attitude. Really.

I'll add to this, if you think what anti-tankers really want is 3rd best pick then you have no ###### clue about what the anti-tank mindset is. And at this point, after conversation ad nauseum, there is no point in further explanation. It has obviously gone over your head.

No it hasn't son. I get it very clearly. Tired of debating it. Just want this freaking season to be over with.

You can't say this "moral high-horse garbage" and then post with a straight face "Neither side should be condescending to the other". It is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Anyway, anti-tankers reasoning is mostly based on some sort of "rooting to lose is weird/bad". It's not any more garbage than the Machiavellian logic of the tankers.

I'm not condescending the anti-tankers as a whole... Just those that use that argument. I also condescended the pro-tankers that insult the the anti-tankers for being "less smart." So no, it wasn't hypocritical.

Next year I will love you all.

(today.... not so much)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.