23-man roster predictions for 2015-16 season

JohnRobertEichel

Well I have to stand behind my words so yes, I will maintain the name until the 2016 unless Samson is promoted permanently, prior to game 41.

Statements like these are why we promoted you from kitten to liger.  Bold stuff, my man.  Good you're going for it.

Now, dudacek, if that IS your real non-russkie name, what are you putting up against it?

Statements like these are why we promoted you from kitten to liger. Bold stuff, my man. Good you're going for it.

Now, dudacek, if that IS your real non-russkie name, what are you putting up against it?

Oooooooooohhhhh. It's about to get real.

Waits innit.

(I was trying to to type waitaminnit, but spellcheck knew i was talking to Freeman)

I think Reinharts here all season too, so I'm not going to bet against Liger.

But I'll bet with him.

I'll change the lone wolf to a lapdog for every game he's in Rochester.

You're right, Reinhart has shown more talent in his first post draft year than Forsberg did.  Tim Murray has handled prospect the way he should in a rebuild. 

I will say it for the 1 millionth time, Samson Reinhart will be a Buffalo Sabres next year and will contribute.  I will bet my actual screen name on.

- LGR4GM

Not be a contrarion, I hope you are right.  Like others have said he needs to be able to handle NHL corners, so if he needs some time in Rochester, I am fine with that, I don't want another Grigs where a couple of years are wasted.  Difference is I think he has the drive. Grigs may be coming a long as well, but call me pessimistic until it actually happens.  Glad to see your confidence..

Anyone else think that GMTM was referring to the 3rd goalie out in Ottawa as someone who might be available in a trade this summer that wasn't available at the deadline?

What are your thoughts on Lehner or Hammond?

That they'll go to a western conference team :p

In Friedman's 30 thoughts he says that the Sabres may have interest in Niemi:

18. The Sabres are expected to look at some youthful options, but if they chase a veteran, it’s believed they have interest in unrestricted free agent Antti Niemi. If that doesn’t work, would Kari Lehtonen be a fit? Lindy Ruff is going to have a stroke if this continues and Jim Nill talked in this space about how difficult Lehtonen finds the adjustment on a better defensive team as opposed to a porous one. He could could help the Sabres, because while Buffalo hopes to improve, it’s unlikely they would be airtight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-p-k-subban-now-another-level

In Friedman's 30 thoughts he says that the Sabres may have interest in Niemi:

18. The Sabres are expected to look at some youthful options, but if they chase a veteran, it’s believed they have interest in unrestricted free agent Antti Niemi. If that doesn’t work, would Kari Lehtonen be a fit? Lindy Ruff is going to have a stroke if this continues and Jim Nill talked in this space about how difficult Lehtonen finds the adjustment on a better defensive team as opposed to a porous one. He could could help the Sabres, because while Buffalo hopes to improve, it’s unlikely they would be airtight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-p-k-subban-now-another-level

I think Neuvirth will be back for sure, probably with makarov as his back up.

Cam Talbot's been phenomenal for the Rangers in Lundqvist's absence. He resigned with NY for $1.45 million/year through next season in December, is there a chance we can pry him out of NY? He's put up very solid numbers in the NHL, though that could very well be a product of the Rags great defense. His AHL stats are impressive, with an average .914 save percentage over 4 seasons. Only 27, could come very cheap; provided of course he wants to come here and the Rags are interested in trading him.

I think it's a better than even chance that either Neuvirth or Enroth will be back next year.  If GMTM can upgrade over those two he'll take it, but they're known quantities.  For each of them, another stint in Buffalo may be their best shot at starting.

Cam Talbot's been phenomenal for the Rangers in Lundqvist's absence. He resigned with NY for $1.45 million/year through next season in December, is there a chance we can pry him out of NY? He's put up very solid numbers in the NHL, though that could very well be a product of the Rags great defense. His AHL stats are impressive, with an average .914 save percentage over 4 seasons. Only 27, could come very cheap; provided of course he wants to come here and the Rags are interested in trading him.

Best goalie in the league right now.  It's going to be a bidding war, and that's if--a big if, IMO--the Rags want to deal him.

Edited by Eleven

Best goalie in the league right now.  It's going to be a bidding war, and that's if--a big if, IMO--the Rags want to deal him.

They might want to recoup some of those draft choices they traded away, this is the only way I could see them moving him. 

I'd be fine with bringing back either Enroth or Neuvirth. Neuvirth has better stats but has also been showing to have a greater risk of injury. In the end I'd be ok with Either but would favor Neuvirth slightly. Either way I hope we bring one of them back (not both) so we can give our younger goalies in the system a chance to move up and earn a backup role sooner rather than later.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.