23-man roster predictions for 2015-16 season

JohnRobertEichel

Mark Pysyk is also a RHS

How do you think he is doing? I'm kind of puzzled he has not been up more. He can't do a better job than Mizzaro? Just want him to season more or maybe he isn't physical enough for NHL?

Is that a really nice way to welcome the newbie?

Now, I'm thinking it may be an oversight, but maybe he thinks Samson won't be on the Sabres roster next year.

I like his / her roster, except that I would put Reinhart in there someplace.

Samson will play next year I would think.

Kane - Girgensons - Ennis

Moulson - Berglund - Eichel

Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta

Deslauriers - McCormick - Flynn

Larsson, Schaller

Gorges - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Oduya - Pysyk

Weber

Dubnyk

Neuvirth

- Trade pick for Berglund

- Sign Oduya, Dubnyk

- Shelter Eichel by breaking him in on the wing on the secondary scoring line

I was wondering when Dubnyk's name would start to surface.  I don't want to be the team that buys into him based off of his current hot streak.  He has consistently been bad for several years now.  I would stay far away from him.  Thankfully, it'll probably be one of those cases where it is in the best interest of both the player and the team and he will stick around in Minnesota.

I was wondering when Dubnyk's name would start to surface.  I don't want to be the team that buys into him based off of his current hot streak.  He has consistently been bad for several years now.  I would stay far away from him.  Thankfully, it'll probably be one of those cases where it is in the best interest of both the player and the team and he will stick around in Minnesota.

Really? He had 4 years as a quasi-starter and only one of them was bad. The others he posted .914, .916 and .920. I'm actually inclined to believe he's a decent starter.

A Dubnyk/Neuvirth tandem would just be a placeholder until the Sabres find their franchise goaltender.

How do you think he is doing? I'm kind of puzzled he has not been up more. He can't do a better job than Mizzaro? Just want him to season more or maybe he isn't physical enough for NHL?

Samson will play next year I would think.

From what I have seen from Pysyk he started out the year kind of crappy and then has since rebounded.  I think his demotion to Rochester was the cause at first.  As for his NHL game, I wonder if for Murray he isn't physical enough but I personally think he is fine and can be basically Sekera 2.0 or more like Sekera light. 

Really? He had 4 years as a quasi-starter and only one of them was bad. The others he posted .914, .916 and .920. I'm actually inclined to believe he's a decent starter.

Those years in the teens, relative to the rest of the league, leave him somewhere in the middle of the pack.  Pair that up with his lower number of starts and its not a guy I want any part of.  We may not have all that much to choose from, but he's not a guy I want unless it's in a backup role.

Those years in the teens, relative to the rest of the league, leave him somewhere in the middle of the pack.  Pair that up with his lower number of starts and its not a guy I want any part of.  We may not have all that much to choose from, but he's not a guy I want unless it's in a backup role.

Yea I'm not clamoring for him or anything, but I think you could do a lot worse. Whether it's him or someone else, I really don't expect much better than an average goaltender next year.

Yea I'm not clamoring for him or anything, but I think you could do a lot worse. Whether it's him or someone else, I really don't expect much better than an average goaltender next year.

I hope next year one of the younger goalies is used for 30 games or so, we really need to start seeing what we have. 

Nice find, a gamble ofcourse, wich we have the luxury to make next year.

My first thought was I don't see GMTM committing a roster spot to someone who's never played a minute in the NHL, but then again, give him $2M for two or three years.... kind a gamble, but maybe worth it?

From what I have seen from Pysyk he started out the year kind of crappy and then has since rebounded.  I think his demotion to Rochester was the cause at first.  As for his NHL game, I wonder if for Murray he isn't physical enough but I personally think he is fine and can be basically Sekera 2.0 or more like Sekera light. 

I always liked his play in Buffalo. Did the small stuff really well. I think he'll be up next year (or after the deadlline is we can get rid of our like Benoit, Strachan and Mezaros)

I was chuckling over that the other day. The thing is, he really is the best fit on the ice of anyone available.

Yeah and we are allowed to resign him, and allthough he did mail it in last year, he never disliked being in buffalo i think.

With all the ROR to buffalo rumours, i'll make a new projection for next season.   Guess all the guys who prodicted kane and ROR in buffalo must feel great around now.

Ennis will be gone in a trade for ROR for sure.

Girgensons and moulson might swap places though.  To be honest its hard to keep envisioning a place for Gionta on this team.

Kane - Mceichel - moulson

RoR - Reinhart - Hodgson

Girgensons - Grigorenko -  Foligno

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

Kaleta

Bogo - erhoff/sekera

risto - zads

pysyk - Gorges

weber

Niemi at 5 mill per, wouldn't give him more

Makarov or hopefully enroth.

Yeah and we are allowed to resign him, and allthough he did mail it in last year, he never disliked being in buffalo i think.

With all the ROR to buffalo rumours, i'll make a new projection for next season.   Guess all the guys who prodicted kane and ROR in buffalo must feel great around now.

Girgensons and moulson might swap places though.  To be honest its hard to keep envisioning a place for Gionta on this team.

RoR - Reinhart - Hodgson

Kaleta

Bogo - erhoff/sekera

risto - zads

pysyk - Gorges

weber

My only issue with this is I don't think we will, nor do I think it's wise, to run 3 rooks down the middle. O'Reilly and Girgensons in the middle while one of Reinhart and McEichel start on the wing would be the way to go.

My only issue with this is I don't think we will, nor do I think it's wise, to run 3 rooks down the middle. O'Reilly and Girgensons in the middle while one of Reinhart and McEichel start on the wing would be the way to go.

Grigorenko and his faceoff skill should remain there, but in the end he most likely is involved in the RoR trade anyways.    But with so many centers i really didn't bother with who plays what.

Edited by Heimdall

If I'm the Avs, I would consider Hodgson as part of an O'Reilly package  — not as the main part, but as a sweetener.

Playing with McKinnon or Duchene is exactly the type of situation that would bring out the best in him.

Heh, I've been hoping for that to :P

That being said, if you get RoR now it should be cheaper than after July 1st.   Now you can say you can't even start talking extension with him, so he has to be cheaper.

While being in close contact with his agent offcourse :P

Edited by Heimdall

RoR - Reinhart - Hodgson

Kaleta

Bogo - erhoff/sekera

risto - zads

pysyk - Gorges

weber

\

Kane and Moulson both play LW. Hodgeson will be bought out. Girgensons and Foligno are both LW as well.

I've also decided until the Sabres clinch this thing - I will not put McDavid or Eichel in my projected line-up. The stength of schedule discrepency between the Oilers and Sabres over the last 20+ games is really really scary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.