23-man roster predictions for 2015-16 season

JohnRobertEichel

\

Kane and Moulson both play LW. Hodgeson will be bought out. Girgensons and Foligno are both LW as well.

I've also decided until the Sabres clinch this thing - I will not put McDavid or Eichel in my projected line-up. The stength of schedule discrepency between the Oilers and Sabres over the last 20+ games is really really scary.

Yeah i been thinking about that to :(

New projected Line-up for 2015-16

Kane                 Girgensons                          Ennis
Moulson            O'Reilly                                Free agent
Foligno             Reinhart                               Gionta
Deslauiers        Larsson / McCormack           Kaletta

Risto            Bog

Zadorov       Pysyk
Weber          Gorges

Marner drafted with the 3rd pick and returns to London
Grigerenko & Low 1st for O'Reilly

Edited by Crusader1969

New projected Line-up for 2015-16

Kane                 Girgensons                          Ennis

Moulson            O'Reilly                                Free agent

Foligno             Reinhart                               Gionta

Deslauiers        Larsson / McCormack           Kaletta

Risto            Bog

Zadorov       Pysyk

Weber          Gorges

Marner drafted with the 3rd pick and returns to London

Grigerenko & Low 1st for O'Reilly

You don't see the sabres drafting cojack ? :P

Edited by Heimdall

LINE ONE:

KANE/REINHART/STEWART

LINE TWO:

MOULSON/EICHEL/HODGSON

LINE THREE:

GIRGENSONS/O'REILLY/GIONTA

LINE FOUR:

DESLAURIES/FLYNN/FOLIGNO

DEFENSE

BOGOSIAN/ RISTOLAINEN

GORGES/ GREEN

ZADOROV/ PYSYK

Here's my thoughts on it. In this situation, I thought something along the lines of trading Ennis, Grigorenko, and a 2nd to the Avalanche for ROR. As for Mike Green, right now he's definitely on a slight decline, but he's a RHD and can anchor our powerplay. He makes six million right now and I would guess would want something in that price range over 4-5 years, which we can afford. Lastly, a trade and sign with Stewart in the offseason.

Aside from those two, the rest of the roster consists of current/hopeful Sabres. The top two lines, in my opinion, can go either way. I'd like to keep CoHo and see how he does playing more minutes with smarter linemates who play his style of game. He had some success last season on the MEH line, hopefully it'll carry over to an updated one. Having Stewart and Kane play with Reinhart should give him room to play his game and gives him two players who can finish.

The third line is a true third that can match up with the oppositions number one. ROR is 52% in face-offs right now, which is 7% higher than Girgs, so he gets the middle. Because I think GMTM likes Foligno's game, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Gionta switch lines as well.

Obviously, all of this would depend on the firing of Ted Nolan, which is hopefully inevitable as soon as the season is over.

Edited by IrwinNelson

LINE ONE:

KANE/REINHART/STEWART

LINE TWO:

MOULSON/EICHEL/HODGSON

LINE THREE:

LINE FOUR:

DESLAURIES/FLYNN/FOLIGNO

DEFENSE

BOGOSIAN/ RISTOLAINEN

GORGES/ GREEN

ZADOROV/ PSYSK

Here's my thoughts on it. In this situation, I thought something along the lines of trading Ennis, Grigorenko, and a 2nd to the Avalanche for ROR. As for Mike Green, right now he's definitely on a slight decline, but he's a RHD and can anchor our powerplay. He makes six million right now and I would guess would want something in that price range over 4-5 years, which we can afford. Lastly, a trade and sign with Stewart in the offseason.

Aside from those two, the rest of the roster consists of current/hopeful Sabres. The top two lines, in my opinion, can go either way. I'd like to keep CoHo and see how he does playing more minutes with smarter linemates who play his style of game. He had some success last season on the MEH line, hopefully it'll carry over to an updated one. Having Stewart and Kane play with Reinhart should give him room to play his game and gives him two players who can finish.

The third line is a true third that can match up with the oppositions number one.  ROR is 52% in face-offs right now, which is 7% higher than Girgs, so he gets the middle. Because I think GMTM likes Foligno's game, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Gionta switch lines as well. 

Obviously, all of this would depend on the firing of Ted Nolan, which is hopefully inevitable as soon as the season is over. 

Welcome.  good post!

Thank you! I'm on here most of the day it seems and have been lurking since probably around '09 or so. The Vanek trade poll finally got me to sign up for an account and for whatever the reason, today I've decided to do a little posting. We'll see if it lasts!

Lurking since 09! Good lord man! Just keep posting...the worst that can happen is you end up as disliked as tank...I'll leave open to interpretation if I mean the poster or the team's direction :p ;)

Lurking since 09! Good lord man! Just keep posting...the worst that can happen is you end up as disliked as tank...I'll leave open to interpretation if I mean the poster or the team's direction :P ;)

It takes a lot of dedication to lurk on here even during the tank years. We seem to get a lot more lurkers when the team was good back in 06'-07'...

Sidenote: I've been a member since Jan 2007 and I still only have barely 2,000 posts. Some of you have way more and have only been around for a year or two. Get a life you losers :nana:

It takes a lot of dedication to lurk on here even during the tank years. We seem to get a lot more lurkers when the team was good back in 06'-07'...

Sidenote: I've been a member since Jan 2007 and I still only have barely 2,000 posts. Some of you have way more and have only been around for a year or two. Get a life you losers :nana:

It's all a matter of perspective. Maybe you just need less of a life :p

Lurking since 09! Good lord man! Just keep posting...the worst that can happen is you end up as disliked as tank...I'll leave open to interpretation if I mean the poster or the team's direction :P ;)

Well, I was on the "Stop Winning For McKinnon" bandwagon during the lockout year, so as disheartening as the tank is, I'm pulling for it. As for Tank, he's always been a favorite of mine.

Thank you! I'm on here most of the day it seems and have been lurking since probably around '09 or so. The Vanek trade poll finally got me to sign up for an account and for whatever the reason, today I've decided to do a little posting. We'll see if it lasts!

It's like waiting until the 10th date to grab a little titty

And now you've met Comrade Inky.

LINE ONE:

KANE/REINHART/STEWART

LINE TWO:

MOULSON/EICHEL/HODGSON

LINE THREE:

LINE FOUR:

DESLAURIES/FLYNN/FOLIGNO

DEFENSE

BOGOSIAN/ RISTOLAINEN

GORGES/ GREEN

ZADOROV/ PSYSK

The third line is a true third that can match up with the oppositions number one.  ROR is 52% in face-offs right now, which is 7% higher than Girgs, so he gets the middle. Because I think GMTM likes Foligno's game, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Gionta switch lines as well. 

Good 1st post.  Welcome. :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.