Trade: Jhonas Enroth to Dallas

TheMatrix31

Lindback is a UFA this summer.  Flip him before the deadline too?  If possible.... yuck.

This year he has been terrible.  But, I remember him quite well from when he was in Nashville and he was very good as Pekka's backup.  Not sure what happened to him since then.  Doesn't matter though.  Murray is all-in on finishing dead last at this point.

I don't think Lindback was the asset GMTM wanted -- I think it was the draft pick -- i.e. he figured he wasn't going to do any better than a 3rd-rounder for Enroth, so when one presented itself, he took it.  I think taking Lindback in the deal was part of the price for the 3rd-rounder.

Quite a day.

is lindback any good

I'm a Texas Stars season ticket holder, and he was just down in the AHL team for a conditioning assignment.  He did let up one bad goal but made a number of really good stops, but we went to a shootout with him in goal, and OH BOY.  He got beat through the five hole THREE TIMES IN A ROW.  It was ugly

I don't think Lindback was the asset GMTM wanted -- I think it was the draft pick -- i.e. he figured he wasn't going to do any better than a 3rd-rounder for Enroth, so when one presented itself, he took it.  I think taking Lindback in the deal was part of the price for the 3rd-rounder.

Quite a day.

I have a feeling there was a time when Murray liked Lindback a lot. Tampa paid a high price to get him from the Preds and he used to be quite highly regarded.

He has sucked since though.

Murray probably will see what he gets from Lindback. If he likes him enough to re-sign, he gives back the third. If he doesn't, he lets him go and keeps the third.

Similar to the Halak/Neuvirth deal in a way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.