qwksndmonster

People I cant get away from the PS5.  Wife surprised me with one for Christmas.  The graphics are incredible and the system runs so quiet.  
Currently playing Guardians of the Galaxy.  It is very addictive, and it has the same feel as the movies.  I don’t mean story.  Just the humor, action, music, etc…. I highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy.   When not playing Guardians I’m either into Final Fantasy 7 or NHL22.  The PS5 was well worth the purchase. 

Edited by GoPre

2 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Do we have any big flea markets around buffalo anymore? Only one I recall was the one near the Walden galleria mall. But that has been gone for years.

There are a couple antique places, the emporium in the eastern hills mall, and Salamanca has a cool antique mall with games. 

4 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Do we have any big flea markets around buffalo anymore? Only one I recall was the one near the Walden galleria mall. But that has been gone for years.

Clarence center flea market next to Antique World, Sundays in warm weather season.  First Sunday of each month is a sort of garage sale day with dozens of tables outside in addition to the booth vendors.

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Today, Nintendo announced they have remastered Metroid Prime.  A digital copy is already available.  A physical copy will be released later this month.  Metroid Prime is a classic!  I cannot pass on this one.  

Looks great but just can't get into those first person shooters.

• 7 months later...

Anyone gaming right now?  About to finish Tears of the Kingdom.  Words can’t describe the amazingness of this game.  Next inline for me is Hogwarts Legacy.  
I might pick up Madden 24 just for Josh Allen being on the cover.  I have Madden 23, so that’s why I’m hesitant to buy.  Madden is almost the exact same every year.  

Edited by GoPre

4 hours ago, GoPre said:

Anyone gaming right now?  About to finish Tears of the Kingdom.  Words can’t describe the amazingness of this game.  Next inline for me is Hogwarts Legacy.  
I might pick up Madden 24 just for Josh Allen being on the cover.  I have Madden 23, so that’s why I’m hesitant to buy.  Madden is almost the exact same every year.  

I bought madden a few years ago, I don't play many games but I took the plunge after not having it for about a decade.

I wanted to see how accurate the gameplay was. So I took some time and...I didn't "sim" the season but I let it run in the background to have the CPU actually play the CPU to see how close the stats were. It wasn't even close.  Some QBs that had ratings in the 70's outperformed QBs with ratings in the 90's.  The best rated Defenses in the game would often have 40+ points scored on them by average offenses.  The Best pash rushing DE's in the league might go the first 4-5 games of the season with a sack, but someone I barely hears of before with ratings in the 70's would have 3 sacks in a game.

Again, I know you can 'sim' games and their 'sim' engine gives you decent stats, but the whole point I tried this is to see the actual gameplay engine, so know that if I played a game the engine and the stats would give me realistic results. It wasn't close. 

4 hours ago, GoPre said:

Lemme know how Hogwarts Legacy is when you get around to it.   Was gonna pick it up for my son.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I procured an original NES last week, the old front loader. I also found a game genie with the code book also. 

I need to start building my game collection like when I was a kid, flea market and antique shops should be helpful.

Oogie games if they're still around had a decent selection when I bought an NES a couple years ago. A little expensive I thought but not crazy.

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2023 at 10:55 AM, shrader said:

I just bought a ps5 this week with Call of Duty. I haven’t played one of those in a long time. Is anyone playing this at all?

Other ps5 suggestions?

What are your type of games?  I don't have my PS5 any longer (gave it to my son).  For single player, adventure, type stuff.  Horizon Zero Dawn might be one of the best games I've ever played.  It's got a great story.

People raved about Spider-Man as well.

I was also a big fan of God of War.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LTS said:

What are your type of games?  I don't have my PS5 any longer (gave it to my son).  For single player, adventure, type stuff.  Horizon Zero Dawn might be one of the best games I've ever played.  It's got a great story.

People raved about Spider-Man as well.

I was also a big fan of God of War.

I mostly stick with franchises I’ve been playing for years. I did play that first spiderman game so I’ll eventually give the second one a shot. I wonder if I should play the Miles Morales game first though. 

Most of my franchises are done though. I’m holding out hope that the new Suicide Squad game will do some Justice to the Arkham series. I always loved Final Fantasy games, but they killed my interest since they moved away from the turn based style. 

So spiderman and suicide squad are two games on my radar. After that I’m wide open for ideas. 

• 4 weeks later...

People it’s Christmas time.  Gaming is just wow right now with the number of must plays.  The game I cannot put down right now is Diablo 4.  Game is ADDICTIVE!  So addictive I’ve logged 72 hours since Thanksgiving. 🤮 My wife is either hating that or loving that. 🤔 Not sure yet. 😂

Steam sale is on so I picked up Howard’s legacy to play with jnr. 

got free Xbox gaming pass with my broadband so gives me cloud gaming to try out a lot of games. Of the games I have tried - clone drone in the danger zone is great. Starfield is ok. Hifi Rush is cool, but crashes on me. Horizon games are great. So much to try so little time. 

Edited by steveoath