qwksndmonster

Anyone else playing Chel on xbox1?  I just picked up NHL21 on Black Friday.  My normal league (239hockey.net) already started their season and the new one doesn't start until January. 

Going to start grinding games out to level up at night.  Let me know if there's any interest and I'll make a sabrespace club.

I play on PS4 unfortunately.  I could play on XB1 but the group I play with is on PS4.  I really wish EA would cross-platform the sports games. Fundamentally it should be some of the easiest things to cross-platform.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to save up money for the Xbox Series S.

It will take about 6 months or so as we are really dedicated to doing the Dave Ramsey program. I get $25 a month of spending money but that, combined with birthday money gift cards should get me there.

Can’t take not having NHL 21 anymore. Switch is great and all but no hockey is not working. 

6 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

FYI, this morning on Dec 24, Walmart has the Xbox Series S (the new one but the smaller white one) available for order.  It isn't scheduled to be delivered until sometime in January, but if you want a next gen consoler, you can still order one at walmart.com as of right now.

Series S is a great choice for anyone who doesn’t have a 4K tv, the only real drawback is the storage space. Personally I like that it’s all digital so that is not an issue.

4 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Going to save up money for the Xbox Series S.

It will take about 6 months or so as we are really dedicated to doing the Dave Ramsey program. I get $25 a month of spending money but that, combined with birthday money gift cards should get me there.

Can’t take not having NHL 21 anymore. Switch is great and all but no hockey is not working. 

Series S is a great choice for anyone who doesn’t have a 4K tv, the only real drawback is the storage space. Personally I like that it’s all digital so that is not an issue.

You can get an Xbox Series S + Gamepass for $25/mo through Microsoft's Xbox All Access program. After 24 months, the Xbox is paid off, and you spend less than you would getting the Xbox + Gamepass separately.  Of course, if Gamepass is not something you're interested in, then it might not be worth it.

7 hours ago, JujuFish said:

You can get an Xbox Series S + Gamepass for $25/mo through Microsoft's Xbox All Access program. After 24 months, the Xbox is paid off, and you spend less than you would getting the Xbox + Gamepass separately.  Of course, if Gamepass is not something you're interested in, then it might not be worth it.

Part of the Dave Ramsey program (the heart of it really) is no consumer debt, ever. Besides, I literally only need it for NHL 21 and NHL Rewind. It will basically be an NHL Box lol.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by I-90 W

12 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I get $25 a month of spending money but that, combined with birthday money gift cards should get me there.

What if the gift cards are for Applebees?  You're going to have a ton of mozzarella sticks and no game.  You could play mozzarella stick Jenga, maybe, but I don't think that's what you're aiming for.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Man did that fail hard , game looks great but all the bugs.   Should not have been released yet.

I'm not exactly a gamer, but I did read somewhere (not necessarily a reliable source) that there were death threats?  Seems kind of unfair to you gamers; some idiots pushed them to take it out of the oven before it was cooked.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Part of the Dave Ramsey program (the heart of it really) is no consumer debt, ever. Besides, I literally only need it for NHL 21 and NHL Rewind. It will basically be an NHL Box lol.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

That seems very restrictive. Almost no one would ever be able to get a home if they followed that, for example. Getting a new or new-ish car would also take forever to save up for.

But I understand some people are just plain bad with credit and the only way to prevent a problem is to avoid the scenario altogether. Like me and snacks.

53 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

That seems very restrictive. Almost no one would ever be able to get a home if they followed that, for example. Getting a new or new-ish car would also take forever to save up for.

But I understand some people are just plain bad with credit and the only way to prevent a problem is to avoid the scenario altogether. Like me and snacks.

Consumer debt is everything other than a mortgage. 

18 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Mortgage is absolutely consumer debt. And student loans. Postpaid (aka how most people pay) cell plans.

Programs like Dave Ramsey's don't consider mortgages to be "consumer debt" for the purpose of the program because shelter is a necessity, and you're going to pay for it one way or the other.  New or new-ish cars, to go back to your earlier example, are not necessities.  Actually, depending on where you live, cars in general might not be necessities.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Programs like Dave Ramsey's don't consider mortgages to be "consumer debt" for the purpose of the program because shelter is a necessity, and you're going to pay for it one way or the other.  New or new-ish cars, to go back to your earlier example, are not necessities.  Actually, depending on where you live, cars in general might not be necessities.

Okay, that makes sense. Agreed on the car. I still drive a 2001 Camry because the thing just keeps going. It would be nice to have a newer car but this one still works for me and it hasn't quite yet gotten to the nickel and diming stage of life.  If I lived in a city, I probably wouldn't have a car.

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Man did that fail hard , game looks great but all the bugs.   Should not have been released yet.

That is how the game industry has been for years now. Almost every AAA game gets released before it should be.

The problem with cyberpunk 2077 is it clearly was not intended to be played on last gen consoles and the executives clearly covered that up until release. Hopefully the Fubar that was the release will cause some changes in game development.

Playing it on a series x I have not had many issues and i am told in a high end gaming pc it looks amazing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I somewhat recently joined the search for a PS5 and my god this is a full-time job ... and one that doesn't ever seem to pay off. These bots and resellers are nuts out here. I don't know if I play games enough to actually want to go through this.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

I somewhat recently joined the search for a PS5 and my god this is a full-time job ... and one that doesn't ever seem to pay off. These bots and resellers are nuts out here. I don't know if I play games enough to actually want to go through this.

I obtained my PS5 by pure chance.  I logged into the Sony site and they had a queue and I managed to draw a low number.

I obtained my XSX by pure chance.  I logged into the Walmart site and they had the All Access version available (it was actually available for over a week after I grabbed mine).

I  have tried the PS5 on every other site, but all the other sites are not protected against bots, etc.  Sony's site is really good.  Basically everyone queues up for 30 minutes and then they assign random numbers to those in queue.  Now, I had 5 different sessions in the queue, but only 1 of those sessions was given a low number.

It is brutal though because most retailers are doing NOTHING to protect against it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, drnkirishone said:

During the holidays best buy did a good job keeping bots away. Believe they had like 2 or 3 levels of verification. No idea if they are still doing it

They have a queue process as well, but it's not necessarily queue up then randomly allocate.  They release little bits of stock at a time but I think it still goes to whose next in queue.  The bot dealers do a great job of flooding the systems.

Walmart had XSX in stock earlier today.  No clue how long it lasted.

In fact.. you can STILL get an XSX via all access right now: https://www.walmart.com/cp/xbox-all-access/8571041

Go nuts.  If you were planning on having Game Pass Ultimate anyway.. this saves you money over the 24 months.

I accidentally bought three PS5s during Walmart’s release today because I was on multiple accounts on multiple platforms. One got canceled because the same count somehow glitched and went through twice. The other two are still active and apparently preparing for shipment sooooo we’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, LTS said:

They have a queue process as well, but it's not necessarily queue up then randomly allocate.  They release little bits of stock at a time but I think it still goes to whose next in queue.  The bot dealers do a great job of flooding the systems.

Walmart had XSX in stock earlier today.  No clue how long it lasted.

In fact.. you can STILL get an XSX via all access right now: https://www.walmart.com/cp/xbox-all-access/8571041

Go nuts.  If you were planning on having Game Pass Ultimate anyway.. this saves you money over the 24 months.

during the holidays if i am recalling correctly, you had to be signed in to a best buy account, do the I am not a robot testing, get placed in the queue, once you get to the point of checking out you had to enter a verification code sent to the email tied to the best buy account and after that a verification code sent from the bank tied to the card used for the transaction. Both of which had a running timer starting from the first code being sent.

I got mine ordered at around 4:45 am so the internet traffic was lightish. I imagine it was difficult during peak hours. No idea if they are still doing it like that.