Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

thanks for the link but not gonna read it...i will make my mind up on how he plays here....on a side note, rumor has it that the sabres are going after O'reilly....now that would be a HUGE move.

Not gonna happen until the offseason, but yes, that rumor is around.

Kaner would be a good guy for you guys to trade to Las Wages once they get a team. lol

Straight up for Auston Matthews?

(Side note: wouldn't the joke name for Las Vegas be Lost Wages?)

thanks for the link but not gonna read it...i will make my mind up on how he plays here....

Yeah, but one big takeaway that might be important is how well he played right before his contract expired versus right after he signed the new one.  You want to judge him on how he plays there, but that limits your observations to a time period in which he is playing for a contract.  Basically, what you see may not be what you get.

So, I've read all 24 pages of the post and some comments are hilarious....

I'm a Jets fan and I can honestly say I like this trade a LOT better than the Hawerchuk deal.

In Bogo you get a tough D man for 65 games a year that will chip in with some points as well but he isn't there to be an offensive threat. He can get nasty but has to watch the dumb penalties...the stick penalties. Really good in the room. a 20-22 minute a game guy...... As good as Myers? Nope...... Close? If they are both on top of their game, not even close... He will play quite consistently and keeps the front of the net clear. Myers has made several comments about how the Jets play hockey and how much he likes the system and that everyone sticks to it no matter the score. A pretty good shot and an above average skater and passer.

In Kane you have a guy that needs to grow up some and that cold be a consistent 35-45 goal man with the right linemates and system to play in. He would need regular first line PP time as well. Excellent on the PK and very fast and hits anything (everything) on the opposing team. A great shot but doesn't like to pass too much. He plays old school hockey and will play through as much as the doctors will allow. He had his troubles in the room and had to be dealt. Did the Jets get fair market value for these two? Depends on how well Armia and Lemieux and the 1st turn out as well as if we re-sign Stafford but Myers is definitely a player. Salary wise, the jets shipped out about 10.4 and brought back 9.5 in cap hit. Myers contract was front loaded while bogos and Kanes get larger as it ages and Sabres pay half of Stafford's salry so advantage Jets. Chevy will need that money for Buff and Ladd and Frolik. Trouba, Lowry and Schiefele will want some cash when he re-signs too. 

Who do I think won the trade? Well, I am a Jets fan so naturally I think the Jets won; especially if you look at Chevy's drafting record. He knows how to pick them and doens't really care where other people have them ranked come draft day. Armia should easily be a 3rd liner and possibly a 2nd liner. I see Lemieux on the 3rd line between Petan and Armia in a couple years. So, 2 guys that should play on your team for the next 7-10 years on 2-3 line, Myers, A first rounder and Stafford for Bog and Kane. (I'm intentionally not mentiong Kasdorf because he will never play in the NHL). I'd make that trade any day of the week.

Welcome.

I expect you'll continue to be pleased w/ Myers as he grows into his role. As others have said, not being expected to be more than he is in Winnipeg will be beneficial to him, and he could turn out to be something very special. That said, the Sabres desperately needed what Bogosian is bringing and what Kane should.

If the Sabres ended up w/ a 1st line winger and a top pairing D-man, which at least now, 1 week later is what it appears to be, from the Sabres perspective the Sabres won the trade unless Myers gets Norris consideration or one of the other pieces ends up 1st line. Even if that happens, the Sabres having that now (well, October 5th technically) is what they needed today and it was a good trade especially when the intangible goosing of the odds of winning the lottery is added.

But where Kane and Bogosian fit in on the Jets, I can see where this works for them as well. The package that came back is worth a lot more than a very solid D, a 3rd liner that didn't get along well with a big salary, and a prospect goalie.

Win-win. It's been a while since the Sabres had a GM that was ok with that.

I like him too Liger. He is confident, maybe a bit cocky. Not worried about his rehab or his game being affected. I'm excited to see this guy in game action giving it his all for the sabres. Just wish the Buffalo media would look forward instead of back. Personally I don't care about what went on in the Peg. Before the trade I had my concerns but since Murray downplayed that stuff and Evander himself has shook it off I'm 100% on board.