Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I haven't used it this year, but doesn't the WGR app carry the game?

"Due to NFL rules WGR is not allowed to broadcast this game on the WGR app, please go to the WGR website and live listen"

or some such nonsense is spoken all during the game when you tune into the WGR app while the game is on.

For those who doubt Whaley, look around the league at the players he's let walk. Kiko (out, again), Spiller (completely useless in NO), Byrd (hurt/wants to retire), Fitz (we all know this one), and I'm sure there's more. Compare that to who he's brought in, drafted, and kept. Doug Whaley has built himself a very solid foundation

Not good

@ChrisBrownBills

No McCoy, Watkins or Miller at practice. We'll get their status for Sunday post practice. #Bills

For those who doubt Whaley, look around the league at the players he's let walk. Kiko (out, again), Spiller (completely useless in NO), Byrd (hurt/wants to retire), Fitz (we all know this one), and I'm sure there's more. Compare that to who he's brought in, drafted, and kept. Doug Whaley has built himself a very solid foundation

McCoy is out, too.  Meanwhile, the team could use Jackson in his absence.  (Maybe that was Ryan's decision to cut him, though).  Two first-round picks for Watkins (also in and out).  There are reasons to be critical, too.

McCoy is out, too.  Meanwhile, the team could use Jackson in his absence.  (Maybe that was Ryan's decision to cut him, though).  Two first-round picks for Watkins (also in and out).  There are reasons to be critical, too.

Watkins and EJ, yes. But Watkins has the talent at least, even if he can be considered a reach. Jackson? That opened the door for Karlos, or so their rationale is. And McCoy's injury is minor when compared to Kiko having surgery on a knee he's torn twice I believe.

Not good

@ChrisBrownBills

No McCoy, Watkins or Miller at practice. We'll get their status for Sunday post practice. #Bills

Whaley has made a believer out of me after a rocky start.  Maybe that rocky start was just the process of getting away from Buddy Nix's esteemed tenure?

I've been expecting them to be out all week, so I'm not surprised at all.  It cuts down our offensive depth a lot this week.  Less play makers against a team who can score worries me.  Urbik should be fine for Miller, I'm hoping.

Of course. Just like there are reasons to be critical of every GM, even the best. But I feel like some people (not necessarily you, but in general) have a propensity to focus on the misses rather than the hits.

Miller out is my biggest worry out of any of those guys

Just be happy the Giants' DL isn't anywhere near what it used to be even a couple years ago.

Of course. Just like there are reasons to be critical of every GM, even the best. But I feel like some people (not necessarily you, but in general) have a propensity to focus on the misses rather than the hits.

Just be happy the Giants' DL isn't anywhere near what it used to be even a couple years ago.

They have zero pass rush.  I want to know how their run defense is so good though!

They have fat guys, it's just that those fat guys can't move. That's my guess, anyway :lol:

I haven't looked into them much.  I'm guessing their rush defense numbers are a product of being up late in games, and the other teams needing to pass a lot to catch up.  

I'm hoping Karlos has a field day Sunday! 

The Giants haven't let up a 100 yd rushing game all season, from combined rb's. The big reason that I see is, teams just elect not to run against them. Maybe their secondary is that week, or maybe it's just Romo and Matt Ryan being down in the 4th, and Cousins trailing the entire game, but teams elect to throw vs the Giants.

Edited by WildCard

Levitre, to add one more.

So, what happened to Aaron Williams on Sunday?  He came back, played one snap, and then what?

Also, it is assumed Urbik is in for John Miller?

McCoy is out, too. Meanwhile, the team could use Jackson in his absence. (Maybe that was Ryan's decision to cut him, though). Two first-round picks for Watkins (also in and out). There are reasons to be critical, too.

It's funny, when we criticized Darcy, his supporters always pointed to his winning trades and the rest of us would talk about all that matters is the end product.

With Whaley, despite building what appears to be an exceptional and deep team, his detractors want to point out his mistakes.

The good GM's are risk takers, they are going to make mistakes. All that matters is the wins and losses!

It's funny, when we criticized Darcy, his supporters always pointed to his winning trades and the rest of us would talk about all that matters is the end product.

With Whaley, despite building what appears to be an exceptional and deep team, his detractors want to point out his mistakes.

The good GM's are risk takers, they are going to make mistakes. All that matters is the wins and losses!

Absolutely -- and this analysis does NOT shine a favorable light on Whaley.

Hopefully this year will be different.

Again, all that matters is the progress made the three years he has been GM, not the time frame everyone appears to want to assign to Whaley. Bill Polian, 4-12, 7-8, 12-4. Doug Whaley 6-10. 9-7, ???. Unless of course you want to give Bill credit for the first two years when he was pro personnel director, 2-14, 2-14.

It takes a few years to overturn a roster that much

And look at the Bills' GMs since Butler:  Donahoe, Levy, Brandon, Nix  :sick:   It's going to take awhile to get that 12 years of mess cleaned up.  Like I said earlier, Whaley is doing a great job considering how the the Bills have been handled since the turn of the millennium. 

Through three games and 114 drop-backs, Manning has been blitzed 15 times according to Pro Football Focus. The Giants quarterback has only been blitzed on 7.6 percent of his drop-backs against the Dallas CowboysAtlanta Falcons and Washington Redskins. It's unknown why Manning's first three opponents haven't blitzed much, but the limited number of blitzes have paid off for the opposing teams.

During the 15 drop-backs in which Manning was blitzed, he only completed eight of 14 passes (57.1%) for 54 yards. That breaks down to 3.9 yards per attempt and a quarterback rating of 65.8. One blitz resulted in a Manning run.

Manning's stats, unsurprisingly, are much better when the quarterback did not face a blitz. In the 99 drop-backs where the quarterback wasn't blitzed, Manning has completed 62-of-94 (66.0%) passes for 707 yards and four touchdowns. His non-blitzed yards per attempt average (7.5) is almost double the total of his blitzed yards per attempt average and his QB rating skyrockets to 102.6. The other five non-blitz drop-backs have resulted in Manning being sacked three times and running with the ball twice.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1594629-eli-manning-in-for-a-big-change-on-sunday

Edited by WildCard

Sure about that?  

In the last 15 years the bills have had two winning seasons.  One of which has come under Whaley's two year tenure (and 3 games).  So far the bills are 17-18 (.485) under Whaley.  Not to shabby considering the four season before him they were 22- 42 (.343)

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Thought this would be fun to do....

Levy (2006 - 2007)

Brandon ( 2008 - 2009)

Nix (2010 - 2013)

Whaley (post draft 2013+)

* Designates a player who came in March/April/May 2013 (disputed if whaley or nix was in control)

--------------------------------------------

Offense (Whaley = 9/11 Starters)

QB

Tyrod Tayloy

EJ Manuel*

RB

Lesean McCoy

Karlos Williams

Boobie Dixon

FB

Jerome Felton

WR

Sammy Watkins

Percy Harvin

Robert Woods*

Chris Hogan

Marquise Goodwin*

Marcus Thigpen

Marcus Easley

TE

Charles Clay

MarQueis Gray

Matthew Mulligan

Chris Gragg*

OT

Cordy Glenn

Seantrel Henderson

Cyrus Kouandijo

OG

Richie Incognito

John Miller

Kraig Urbik

C

Eric Wood

Gabe Ikard

-----------------------------------------------

Defense (Whaley = 3/11 Starters)

DE

Mario Williams

Jerry Hughes*

Alex Carrington

DT

Marcell Dareus

Kyle Williams

Corbin Bryant

Stefan Charles

Andre Fluellen

LB

Preston Brown

Nigel Bradham

Manny Lawson*

Randell Johnson

AJ Tarpley

Tony Steward

CB

Stephon Gilmore

Ronald Darby

Leodis McKelvin

Nickell Robey*

Mario Butler

Ron Brooks

S

Aaron Williams

Corey Graham

Bacarri Rambo

Duke Williams*

-----------------------------

Special Teams (Whaley = 2/2 Starters)

K

Dan Carpenter

Jordan Gay

P

Colton Schmidt

Thought this would be fun to do....

Levy (2006 - 2007)

Brandon ( 2008 - 2009)

Nix (2010 - 2013)

Whaley (post draft 2013+)

* Designates a player who came in March/April/May 2013 (disputed if whaley or nix was in control)

--------------------------------------------

Offense (Whaley = 9/11 Starters)

QB

Tyrod Tayloy

EJ Manuel*

RB

Lesean McCoy

Karlos Williams

Boobie Dixon

FB

Jerome Felton

WR

Sammy Watkins

Percy Harvin

Robert Woods*

Chris Hogan

Marquise Goodwin*

Marcus Thigpen

Marcus Easley

TE

Charles Clay

MarQueis Gray

Matthew Mulligan

Chris Gragg*

OT

Cordy Glenn

Seantrel Henderson

Cyrus Kouandijo

OG

Richie Incognito

John Miller

Kraig Urbik

C

Eric Wood

Gabe Ikard

-----------------------------------------------

Defense (Whaley = 3/11 Starters)

DE

Mario Williams

Jerry Hughes*

Alex Carrington

DT

Marcell Dareus

Kyle Williams

Corbin Bryant

Stefan Charles

Andre Fluellen

LB

Preston Brown

Nigel Bradham

Manny Lawson*

Randell Johnson

AJ Tarpley

Tony Steward

CB

Stephon Gilmore

Ronald Darby

Leodis McKelvin

Nickell Robey*

Mario Butler

Ron Brooks

S

Aaron Williams

Corey Graham

Bacarri Rambo

Duke Williams*

-----------------------------

Special Teams (Whaley = 2/2 Starters)

K

Dan Carpenter

Jordan Gay

P

Colton Schmidt

Not saying that this is the case, as I think that Whaley has put together a decent roster. But wouldn't this fit with the average NFL career length of 3.3* years?

*NFLPA claim

My guess is that most rosters would look similar. Lots of turnover in the NFL.

Edited by ubkev

I think the 3.3 year average would be pretty skewed down by players who put in less than a year of time. I don't know how that number was calculated tho. But just taking a look at our starters and main backups, the average is 4>

My point wasn't that though. There actually wasn't a point or statement, just showing who came from who lol.

I think the 3.3 year average would be pretty skewed down by players who put in less than a year of time. I don't know how that number was calculated tho. But just taking a look at our starters and main backups, the average is 4>

My point wasn't that though. There actually wasn't a point or statement, just showing who came from who lol.

Poor Marv

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.