Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

So who has a better game plan than the team who is universally praised for their week-to-week game plan? The idea that the Patriots (specifically Belichick and Brady) have the best game plan in history isn't a new or novel idea. Several feel the same.

I know you guys have this hate crush on me, but you can try harder than just calling something wrong without putting any effort on your own side to disprove it.

I may be a bit behind, but that was uncalled for. The only purpose it serves it to get others riled up. 

He had to be worth more than a 5th.. Dallas was desperate.

Cassel is oldish, mediocre at best and needed to be released for the purpose of a pay cut. I'm somewhat surprised they got anything out of him.

I may be a bit behind, but that was uncalled for. The only purpose it serves it to get others riled up.

It was. My apologies. Mild in manner but pointless nonetheless.

I wouldn't give so much snark if the way other posters treated me wasn't obvious and consistent.

So, you're responding to my prod for self-reflection and -awareness by (1) explaining that the issues I'm addressing are not really your fault, (2) stating it'd be futile to change, and (3) going on about how freeman's out of line.

I mean this with respect: Change would do you (and this board) good. And I think you're capable of it.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I wouldn't give so much snark if the way other posters treated me wasn't obvious and consistent. My shtick might get old but quite frankly it doesn't matter how much I follow the "rules" around here and be on my best behavior. Im sure it's paranoia on my part at times, but it's for good reasons. Several posters have openly given the opportunity to address me in a fresh way and "give me a chance" to post in a more friendly manner. A few have been satisfied and no longer hound me as they used to. But for other the second there's a comment that is remotely mild in manner the wolves come out to play.

Then -- right in line -- freeman pounces. Sorry Freeman, but your moderating is bad. Eleven, D4rk and several other posters I thoroughly enjoy say things miles worse than anything I say when you decide to publicly call me out... And what they say is STILL fine and welcome on the boards, in my opinion. There's even a name for it in one case (Angry Eleven).

The difference is you think I'm young and can still be molded to fit your preferences while they've been around here a while and simply aren't going to change.

They don't have to. And neither do I (in cases like this, I say much worse which is ACTUALLY uncalled for and childish). Saying "Sure. What's your point?" does not need to be moderated.

You need to chill, dude.

Just so we're clear:

I think civil discourse is very important, and will continue to moderate the board accordingly.

Every person and every situation is different.  In your case, your communication since joining the board has consistently been the worst of anyone here.  It's not even close.  Accordingly, you've burned up a large quantity of goodwill and get less leeway than others.  When you communicate in an obnoxious manner, you will probably get called on it, and if you throw a temper tantrum in response, you may, depending on how offensive it is, get suspended.

(FWIW, what you seem to be interpreting as a desire to mold you in a certain way is simply just offering advice.  I've offered advice to many other younger posters here, including D4rk, who I think is about your age.  I'm sure it's usually been ignored, but it hasn't been rejected quite so emphatically before.)

That's how it is and how it's going to be.  If you aren't happy about it, feel free to contact our 24-hour helpline.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to another thrilling installment of SABRESPACE SMACKDOWN. Personal lives are off the table, but our opponents are allowed to spend hours digging through the archives to verbally sting their victims. The stakes? The usual exchanging of post totals. Our primal food chain is at stake here folks, lets sit back and enjoy. (Plays Jon Cena music)

Edited by WildCard

Just so we're clear:

I think civil discourse is very important, and will continue to moderate the board accordingly.

Every person and every situation is different.  In your case, your communication since joining the board has consistently been the worst of anyone here.  It's not even close.  Accordingly, you've burned up a large quantity of goodwill and get less leeway than others.  When you communicate in an obnoxious manner, you will probably get called on it, and if you throw a temper tantrum in response, you may, depending on how offensive it is, get suspended.

(FWIW, what you seem to be interpreting as a desire to mold you in a certain way is simply just offering advice.  I've offered advice to many other younger posters here, including D4rk, who I think is about your age.  I'm sure it's usually been ignored, but it hasn't been rejected quite so emphatically before.)

That's how it is and how it's going to be.  If you aren't happy about it, feel free to contact our 24-hour helpline.

Come on man. Are you trying to help him improve is written decorum, or are you submitting to a subconscious desire to troll him? If it's the latter, I blame Swamp. If it's the former, there's no need to offer up negative superlatives, especially those of a subjective and exaggerated nature. Hoss offers a good voice in an inconsistent, but improving tone. As with all posters, we can address and advise, but we don't need to drop lines like that, at the very least, they don't need to be public, in my opinion.

Come on man. Are you trying to help him improve is written decorum, or are you submitting to a subconscious desire to troll him? If it's the latter, I blame Swamp. If it's the former, there's no need to offer up negative superlatives, especially those of a subjective and exaggerated nature. Hoss offers a good voice in an inconsistent, but improving tone. As with all posters, we can address and advise, but we don't need to drop lines like that, at the very least, they don't need to be public, in my opinion.

al-pacino.jpg

Hey, leave me out of this. This happened all on its own and I had nothing to do with it. I was merely pointing out (in my own "I really don't give a chit about this" way) that just because someone disagrees with someone else, it doesn't mean it's a personal attack. And this is about the tenth thread that has been hijacked by Hoss for this very reason, and it tiresome because he's a good poster when he's not offended by something.

Just so we're clear:

Every person and every situation is different. In your case, your communication since joining the board has consistently been the worst of anyone here. It's not even close. Accordingly, you've burned up a large quantity of goodwill and get less leeway than others. When you communicate in an obnoxious manner, you will probably get called on it, and if you throw a temper tantrum in response, you may, depending on how offensive it is, get suspended.

(FWIW, what you seem to be interpreting as a desire to mold you in a certain way is simply just offering advice. I've offered advice to many other younger posters here, including D4rk, who I think is about your age. I'm sure it's usually been ignored, but it hasn't been rejected quite so emphatically before.)

That's how it is and how it's going to be. If you aren't happy about it, feel free to contact our 24-hour helpline.

I'll sum this up. Hoss, you are a dick and most posters don't like you and especially don't like your "I'm right everyone else is wrong snark".

Other posters post with similar vitriol but your unique dick headed style is what gets you reprimanded.

I'll sum this up. Hoss, you are a dick and most posters don't like you and especially don't like your "I'm right everyone else is wrong snark".

Other posters post with similar vitriol but your unique dick headed style is what gets you reprimanded.

This might be the funniest thing I've seen on here all offseason

Hey, leave me out of this. This happened all on its own and I had nothing to do with it. I was merely pointing out (in my own "I really don't give a chit about this" way) that just because someone disagrees with someone else, it doesn't mean it's a personal attack. And this is about the tenth thread that has been hijacked by Hoss for this very reason, and it tiresome because he's a good poster when he's not offended by something.

I was referring to your excellent trolling of Freeman yesterday. Full Marks.

Just so we're clear:

Every person and every situation is different. In your case, your communication since joining the board has consistently been the worst of anyone here. It's not even close. Accordingly, you've burned up a large quantity of goodwill and get less leeway than others. When you communicate in an obnoxious manner, you will probably get called on it, and if you throw a temper tantrum in response, you may, depending on how offensive it is, get suspended.

(FWIW, what you seem to be interpreting as a desire to mold you in a certain way is simply just offering advice. I've offered advice to many other younger posters here, including D4rk, who I think is about your age. I'm sure it's usually been ignored, but it hasn't been rejected quite so emphatically before.)

That's how it is and how it's going to be. If you aren't happy about it, feel free to contact our 24-hour helpline.

Sending you a DM. No reason to subject the board to this, but I believe there's a discussion to be had here.

I would have done this before but I will continue to publicly criticize you when you call out posters publicly in your attempt to moderate ill-mannered but non-offensive language.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.