Zemgus makes All-Star Team

matter2003

The dinosaurs on nhl live (Milbury and Jones) couldn't wait to tee off on the voting process. I understand their sentiments but they used the term "demeaning to the players who worked so hard to be there". Sorry, nobody has worked harder than gus.

I didn't realize Sidney Crosby grew up in a country with only 6 ice rinks and had to make tons of family and personal sacrifices just to be good enough to make it to America and then work even hard to be good and get drafted so he could then play in the NHL. Good thing he worked that hard and faced all that adversity otherwise he wouldn't have "earned" his spot.

EDIT: Apparently they have 17 rinks

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/12/09/buffalo-sabres-zemgus-girgensons-leading-2015-nhl-all-star-vote-thanks-to-people-of-latvia/

Interview with the Latvian ambassador.

Edited by LGR4GM

I didn't realize Sidney Crosby grew up in a country with only 6 ice rinks and had to make tons of family and personal sacrifices just to be good enough to make it to America and then work even hard to be good and get drafted so he could then play in the NHL. Good thing he worked that hard and faced all that adversity otherwise he wouldn't have "earned" his spot.

EDIT: Apparently they have 17 rinks

http://sports.nation...ople-of-latvia/

Interview with the Latvian ambassador.

That's amazing. Heck, we have 18% of that total within a couple hundred yards of each other downtown and you don't have to go outside to skate on any of them.

I don't think I've come across a more compelling story than Zemgus'. And I hope he doesn't experience any backlash from the likes of Milbury or fans that might not understand what's going on here. But if All Star slots were given based on work ethic and dedication to the game alone, Z would be the starting center in that game.

GO SABRES!!!

what is an Al-Star?

Zemgus is so awesome he only needs 1 of the L's in All. Can we modify the thread title and idk maybe just make it "Zemgus Girgensons Leads the All-Star fan vote"

That's amazing. Heck, we have 18% of that total within a couple hundred yards of each other downtown and you don't have to go outside to skate on any of them.

I don't think I've come across a more compelling story than Zemgus'. And I hope he doesn't experience any backlash from the likes of Milbury or fans that might not understand what's going on here. But if All Star slots were given based on work ethic and dedication to the game alone, Z would be the starting center in that game.

GO SABRES!!!

Exactly. Everyone knows the fan vote is BS. But who cares. Last year when they were trying to get that one guy voted on I didn't care.

Does anyone think Zemgus could be an All Star in the future?

I think it'd be hilarious. Zemgus out there hitting the primadonnas knowing full well he'll see them after the dog and pony show is over would be a treat.

I heard Peters say on the radio this morning that Z would have eight points in the All Star game and win the car as MVP. Says Z knows only one way to approach life and play the game. Having him in that game would raise EVERYBODY'S level of competition. I'd love to see it.

GO SABRES!!!

The dinosaurs on nhl live (Milbury and Jones) couldn't wait to tee off on the voting process. I understand their sentiments but they used the term "demeaning to the players who worked so hard to be there". Sorry, nobody has worked harder than gus.

I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to fix these votes yet. I remember seeing stuff the year of the Rory vote pointing out how an unusual number of votes came in last second to bump Rory out that year. You'd think the league should have perfected the process by now so they could get exactly who they want.

I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to fix these votes yet. I remember seeing stuff the year of the Rory vote pointing out how an unusual number of votes came in last second to bump Rory out that year. You'd think the league should have perfected the process by now so they could get exactly who they want.

It's more surprising that these guys have figured out how to use video ribbon boards and not have to put up placards for the out of town scoreboards at games. When it comes to successfully using technology, any time they manage the equivalent of tying their shoelaces is, sadly, impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

While I like Gus, I think this has become ridiculous. It's one thing if Latvia is lifting him on their shoulders and showing off their home town hero but Sabres fans voting 10x a day? Color me unimpressed. He might deserve to go but making him the unanimous leading all-star just tells me there is something wrong with the process. The last thing I want is the kid going if he doesn't deserve it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.