Zemgus makes All-Star Team

matter2003

The guys are having a blast. The fans seem to like it but personally I'd like this skills competition to have a little more to do with hockey. A little too much highjinx for my liking. Hardest shot should be good. As long as they don't have the guys rush the net in clown shoes.

Yeah, the only stunt this event was missing was having Brent Burns lie on the ice and then having someone hop over him before going on to take a shot.

A little redundant, but so was Ovi's 3 strikes.

Zemgus holding his own in that one timer competition.

He was OK. He didn't seem like he wanted to let it rip. As Sabres fans we all know they don't have any practice with one timers in Buffalo. Johansen too, he was just pushing them, going for the sure thing.

It was definitely fun to watch though. My kid loved it.

Observations:

Ovenchicken has lots of grey hair. When did that happen? 

Kessel has a big fat head but can skate like the wind.

I expected Stamkos and several others to top 100mph. Didn't happen.

Amazing passing display by Getzlaf.

27-28 year old players are starting to look a bit old compared to some of the youngsters like Gaudreau and Drouin.

Kaner could stickhandle through 10,000 pucks on youtube but couldn't dribble through 10 pucks  last night.

Wondering how Foligno even made the team?

Shea Weber missed his first slapshot and everyone laughed. People didn't laugh at his second shot though.

Girgensons wasn't featured for too long during the skills competition for the biggest vote getter of all.

Halak looks like a solid goalie. Wonder why Murray shipped him off just like that?

What, no Thomas Vanek?

Hockey players make the absolute worst interviews ever.

Edited by 716

I'm so annoyed this game is on NBCSN rather than regular NBC. There's a gaping hole today as far as sports with no football on, and we're watching the freaking Sunday evening news. Ugh.

Not a big loss, we just turned it off.  They are just standing around, cute passes, goal.  Of course it's an exhibition, but at least freakin' skate.  They are on pace to score 30 (uncontested) goals.  (i looked, record is 26, 2001).  

Marc Andre Fleury really is terrible.

While I agree the All-Star game isn't really the place to evaluate goalies.

Not a big loss, we just turned it off.  They are just standing around, cute passes, goal.  Of course it's an exhibition, but at least freakin' skate.  They are on pace to score 30 (uncontested) goals.  (i looked, record is 26, 2001).  

The players are really not taking this game serious. I'm OK with it but the NHL should be embarrassed.

Watching this game with a sleeping baby isn't easy. The goal horn goes off every 90 seconds.

Clearly Zemgus is bored, he is just on cruise control... wish he'd get annoyed and start hustling.

Also the home team jerseys are terrible for TV you can barely make out the numbers.

While I agree the All-Star game isn't really the place to evaluate goalies.

True.  But Fleury really looks like crap lol.

Ovechin makes me happy, he is having fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.