Montreal at Sabres 11-28-2014 7PM

spndnchz

Neither. The kids on the blue line are figuring it out. When you can get 20 good minutes from a pair of rookies, you are in a strong position. When gorges gets back, we'll have a legit top 4. Sweet.

Can't disagree with that. Zadorov is so raw, but so confident he doesn't realize it.

Risto just keeps get better and better.

Myers/Gorges is a solid combination.

And beyond that Strachan has been a big surprise and Weber is finally allowed to be Weber.

The kids have been the difference between a last-place defence and an OK NHL one.

Edited by dudacek

Can I be the first to say that Kaleta looked completely serviceable as a center. He didn't take draws, but had some good pressure, even making the play, and was pretty responsible in the D zone. He's just better when he isn't trying to smash everything that moves. He even had to settle down tonight.

Can I be the first to say that Kaleta looked completely serviceable as a center. He didn't take draws, but had some good pressure, even making the play, and was pretty responsible in the D zone. He's just better when he isn't trying to smash everything that moves. He even had to settle down tonight.

He's probably a good enough skater to play center. He lacks puck carrying skills to be any sort of solution beyond a stop gap.

Can't disagree with that. Zadorov is so raw, but so confident he doesn't realize it.

Risto just keeps get better and better.

Myers/Gorges is a solid combination.

And beyond that Strachan has been a big surprise and Weber is finally allowed to be Weber.

The kids have been the difference between a last-place defence and an OK NHL one.

Anything with a pulse and at least 7 fingers is better than Beano and the Mess.

Ennis is putting himself on the un-trade-able list this season. That was the highlight goal of the week.

I think he's Briere and Datsyuk's love baby.

Just stopped in to say we're going to be seeing that Ennis goal for the rest of our lives. That is permanent highlight reel stuff right there.

Better than that Afinogenov goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqTULlqspKI

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 23m23 minutes ago

Enroth hasn't allowed an even-strength goal in more than 240 minutes. That's equal to FOUR (4) games! #MTLvsBUF

Yeah, but those shorties.... :unsure:

Could see them go the safe route and just call up Varone.

For a competitive game against a big opponent this is by far the worst GDT I've seen so far this year. I assume it has a lot to do with Thanksgiving yesterday. Just interesting.

I was out riding in the Critical Mass ride in Ft. Worth. I took in the first period, left for the ride, then dropped out of the ride to watch the end of the game at a sports bar. Timed it just right. :flirt:

Take it easy on the potty mouth please.

I don't want to come across as a dick here but I really really mean this as some constructive criticism: I think you're overmodding with things like this. It's a moment of excitement and the censors are there for a reason. If somebody is dropping f-bombs in an aggressive or insulting way then I could see it. But this, and other examples like it, aren't that.

Just my two cents. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on why you would prefer him to not use the language in that situation.

If they keep up this winning business, we're going to have to start a "Hit List" thread for all of the players who are working against the tank, and who, therefore, need to go.

Hey accidents happen, we can surely find someone to arrange something to keep certain guys out of it for a while :P

no seriously, edmonton is sucking so badly its scaring me.

I am baffled by how often professional teams dog it in these games, though. Teams that are head, shoulders, knees and toes ahead of the competition but let them stick around... All it takes is one bounce. Happens in all sports at all levels. I've been on teams that were twice as talented as the other team and we would lose in a ###### 46-43 game (basketball).

For the record, I don't think Muntreal dogged it tonight. Sabres played well and got a couple lucky bounces.

As for the rest, this seems to be a sticking point with you. You see things very black and white and when team A doesn't beat team B like they are supposed to, it doesn't sit well with you.

Rarely post anymore, but i am firmly in the 'tank" corner.

Went to my first game of the season last night...fully expecting to root, root, root for the ....away team.

But the douche quotient of the Habs fans all around me, starting on the train ride in and continuing all game along made me root harder for the Sabres than i have in 2 years.

I truly have newfound respect for season ticket holders ...and maybe even some empathy now for Canes fans .

Edited by plenzmd1

I don't want to come across as a dick here but I really really mean this as some constructive criticism: I think you're overmodding with things like this. It's a moment of excitement and the censors are there for a reason. If somebody is dropping f-bombs in an aggressive or insulting way then I could see it. But this, and other examples like it, aren't that.

Just my two cents. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on why you would prefer him to not use the language in that situation.

Because if you allow one to do it then all will do it. Then your GMD's turn into a adolescent view of a hockey game.

Because if you allow one to do it then all will do it. Then your GMD's turn into a adolescent view of a hockey game.

This, plus the fact that I regularly get complaints when people post stuff like d4rk posted.

FWIW I also think "XYZ sucks a d---" and "he f----ng blows" and similar are boring, uncreative and non-value-added expressions. So they bother some people without adding anything to the conversation.

Nonsense!

He was a mod before he was a mod. That's why he got the job.

This, plus the fact that I regularly get complaints when people post stuff like d4rk posted.

FWIW I also think "XYZ sucks a d---" and "he f----ng blows" and similar are boring, uncreative and non-value-added exp<b></b>ressions. So they bother some people without adding anything to the conversation.

Agreed with the second part. That's the "aggressive" stuff I was talking about.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.