Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Thank you for both of those sentiments, good sir.

No snow in BC? Or am I mis-remembering your whereabouts?

No, you got the right spot. We remember 1996 when I was out with a volunteer neighbourhood crew shovelling off the hospital roof, just in case.

But most years we get maybe one or two dustings with the odd dump of maybe a foot thrown in.

And it never sticks around longer than a couple days. Most of our snow melts before it hits the ground.

Wait, didn't you put out a challenge for Ghost to "prove" his suggestions? Seems like you invited Yuri's link. Can we have a thread dedicated to Cliff Benson or not?

No. Because no matter how much internet sleuthing and magical line connecting you do, you're never going to conclude this witch hunt because you don't have the fact finding power to do so.

Wait, didn't you put out a challenge for Ghost to "prove" his suggestions? Seems like you invited Yuri's link. Can we have a thread dedicated to Cliff Benson or not?

I think there is a thread dedicated to him.

Do you think Yuri's link "proved" anything? If so, I don't think you know what "prove" means.

I think there is a thread dedicated to him.

Do you think Yuri's link "proved" anything? If so, I don't think you know what "prove" means.

Not even willing to hear the answer before slamming me, eh?

No. Because no matter how much internet sleuthing and magical line connecting you do, you're never going to conclude this witch hunt because you don't have the fact finding power to do so.

True. Which makes nfreeman's "challenge" all the more curious.

One of the local stations here in NC last night mentioned that they're sending someone up there to cover this story. Why do we need NC weather people showing up to cover this stuff? I can't imagine this story has any impact on the day to day life of the typical person down here. It's just one more person getting in the way.

Yep, there's been a lot of whiting out, including parts of Cliff Benson's Sabres bio.

Cliff Benson was on the board of directors of The Second Mile from 2009.

That's it. That's the "bio" portion.

Anything beyond that--anything implying that he or Terry Pegula was or were part(s) of a cover-up of child molestation is reckless and malicious speculation. There's no place for it, IMO.

Seriously, can we cut this ###### out?

Edited by Eleven

One of the local stations here in NC last night mentioned that they're sending someone up there to cover this story. Why do we need NC weather people showing up to cover this stuff? I can't imagine this story has any impact on the day to day life of the typical person down here. It's just one more person getting in the way.

Yeah pretty silly. They need that guy or gal down here for when we get our first snow. Then can do their live shot where they crouch down with the camera to street level and point out to all the viewers that there is 0.25" sticking to the roads, thereby signalling to all that it's time to FREAK THE FECK OUT!!!

Here is a great example of why this is bulls##t. I work for a university, say that someone in the athletic department like a football player say Jameis Winston does something illegal like drugs or rape. Members of the Athletic department cover it up. So it comes out later this all happened. Clearly I knew and chose to help this people commit illegal acts right? I mean I work there so right? I am clearly a rapist drug dealer right?

This is what you are saying. You are saying because Pegula was involved in Penn State athletics he was complicit in the child rape that occurred. Which is ######. Everyone knows its ###### and honestly I might have to start blocking people.

Not even willing to hear the answer before slamming me, eh?

True. Which makes nfreeman's "challenge" all the more curious.

Yep, there's been a lot of whiting out, including parts of Cliff Benson's Sabres bio.

What exactly is curious?

I will slam anyone who throws around these accusations without a rock-solid analysis to support it.

Did you read Yuri's link (and the links that were embedded in Yuri's link)? I did. They didn't come close to establishing anything -- and as 11 pointed out, the link was to a website dedicated to exonerating Joe Paterno. Please.

This isn't clever humor, or lively argument, or stirring the pot, or anything else useful. It's publicly accusing a man of covering up for a serial child rapist. It's not OK to make that accusation unless you have a fully-cooked, factually supported basis for doing so.

Frankly I'm disappointed that some people don't see the moral issues that are implicated by throwing these allegations around. As Liger points out -- how would you feel if you were similarly tarred?

"How would you feel?" How did I become the "you" in all this? This hasn't been my fight. My white-out line was probably a cheap shot, and I was going to delete it, but then it was replied to. I've never written Word One about Cliff Benson and the scandal. Not to the best of my recollection, anyway.

Can you spin off to your own thread for this crap? Enough is enough already. This garbage has absolutely nothing to do with the all things storm-related that this thread is about. There's no need to poison yet another thread with this witch hunt.

Instead of spinning off a separate thread about it can we just stop entertaining or talking about this ######? Seriously. It's ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.