GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis; 8:00 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

At least we have a game where both Pro and Anti Tankers can agree on a win

It's interesting the dilemma on this game if you're pro-tank. You have to balance out what you think where these teams will be at the end of the year. If you figure St. Louis ends up at the #20 pick, you're OK with the Blues winning this one as 2 points won't matter much (difference between picks 18-22 is still in maybe "they'll be good territory"). If you think the Blues have a chance at a lottery pick, you want the Sabres to win. On the flip side, if you think the Sabres are irrevocably at the bottom of the league a win here is fine since it hurts the Blues. If you think there's a chance the Sabres will see some competition at the bottom, the risk of 2 points is too great.

Personally, I treat this like almost any other game: "woo, they won!" if the Sabres win, and "eh, CHL leaders" if they don't. OT wouldn't be any fun.

That's ok. He wouldn't have helped this team.

Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Bobby Orr, Dominik Hasek, Nic Lidstrom, and the Ghost of Herb Brooks couldn't help this team.

I'm hopeful that GMTM is working his magic and a center will be joining the team soon.

If by soon you mean June 26th 2015 than yes, yes he is.

Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Bobby Orr, Dominik Hasek, Nic Lidstrom, and the Ghost of Herb Brooks couldn't help this team.

Ennis - Gretzky - Stafford

Moulson - Crosby - Gionta

Hodgson - Girgensons - Stewart

Foligno - McCormick - Mitchell

Orr - Myers

Lidstrom - Gorges

Ristolainen - Meszaros

Hasek

Enroth

you know.......I think you may be correct......

But it's certainly worth crapping the bed for 3 years for a 20% shot at McDavid.....

Holy cow!

I wish Otter was here.....something tells me he is the only one who doesn't order medium or mild wings at the team party....

Ennis - Gretzky - Stafford

Moulson - Crosby - Gionta

Hodgson - Girgensons - Stewart

Foligno - McCormick - Mitchell

Orr - Myers

Lidstrom - Gorges

Ristolainen - Meszaros

Hasek

Enroth

you know.......I think you may be correct......

But it's certainly worth crapping the bed for 3 years for a 20% shot at McDavid.....

Holy cow!

I wish Otter was here.....something tells me he is the only one who doesn't order medium or mild wings at the team party....

Otter orders volcano @ss fire wings extra hot.

Hey I don't think tanking this year is as important as player development, honestly. What Grigorenko, and Zemgus, Nikita, Rasmus, Samson, and Armia do this year is more important to the overall success of the team than Connor or Jack.

Hey I don't think tanking this year is as important as player development, honestly. What Grigorenko, and Zemgus, Nikita, Rasmus, Samson, and Armia do this year is more important to the overall success of the team than Connor or Jack.

We just NEVER have the critical mass of talented crazy guys or a-holes here. You see Boston....just Marchand/Lucic/Chara is enough to put you over the top any given year.

Guys like Girgensons and Zadorov have that potential.....but I'm afraid of them turning into Buick LaSabres instead of Mustangs....

It's interesting the dilemma on this game if you're pro-tank. You have to balance out what you think where these teams will be at the end of the year. If you figure St. Louis ends up at the #20 pick, you're OK with the Blues winning this one as 2 points won't matter much (difference between picks 18-22 is still in maybe "they'll be good territory"). If you think the Blues have a chance at a lottery pick, you want the Sabres to win. On the flip side, if you think the Sabres are irrevocably at the bottom of the league a win here is fine since it hurts the Blues. If you think there's a chance the Sabres will see some competition at the bottom, the risk of 2 points is too great.

Personally, I treat this like almost any other game: "woo, they won!" if the Sabres win, and "eh, CHL leaders" if they don't. OT wouldn't be any fun.

It's simple for me: go Blues. They're not going to be in the lottery or at least aren't going to be in a relevant lottery position. It's all on Buffalo.

Let them develop in the minor leagues where most of them should be and let the tank roll on. For once can we not get the cake and eat it too? Liger, as a guy I know keeps close tabs on the minor leagues and knowledgable on the draft you have to realize what a top 2 pick will do for this franchise and how it will help the prospects we already have.

Let them develop in the minor leagues where most of them should be and let the tank roll on. For once can we not get the cake and eat it too? Liger, as a guy I know keeps close tabs on the minor leagues and knowledgeable on the draft you have to realize what a top 2 pick will do for this franchise and how it will help the prospects we already have.

I know exactly what Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel would do for this franchise. I just don't think that is the most important part to this year. What Grigorenko and Armia are doing in Rochester is far more interesting to me.

We just NEVER have the critical mass of talented crazy guys or a-holes here. You see Boston....just Marchand/Lucic/Chara is enough to put you over the top any given year.

Guys like Girgensons and Zadorov have that potential.....but I'm afraid of them turning into Buick LaSabres instead of Mustangs....

See Compher and Lemieux... mccabe seems like kind of a dick as well

Edited by inkman

See Compher and Lemieux... mccabe seems like kind of a dick as well

McCabe is definitely and ###### on the ice.

Oh God, Pierre MaGuire. I was hoping we would at least get Engblom inside the glass. Wonder if we will hear any Douggie Hamilton references from Pierre tonight.

Drink every time they mention the Tank, McDavid/Eichel, 2015 Draft, or the Bills.

Oh I forgot that one. Def include it. Just remember to keep 911 on speed dial so you can get your stomach pumped later.

Watching this team usually makes me have 911 ready anyways :lol:

Solid anthem by that guy though

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.