GDT: 10/28/14 Sabres vs Leafs 7:30 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

I was of the thinking that Nolan is bulletproof this season and likely this offseason. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe he gets the season, but I don't see how you can give him another after this.

I honestly think he's pulling a penguins 1984 tank. I don't think he wants to lose, let alone give up his chance back in the NHL, but I feel like he knows it's a tank, and Murray is saying "hey, this is what we're doing...so do it."

Everyone knew this team would be bad, but this team is so bad that is has to rattle GMTM's confidence that he knows what he's doing.

Why? I think GMTM knows what's up. He made a few moves but nothing big enough that it would dramatically change last year's team. Plus, there's already a ton of talent in the system. I assume any plan he has involves waiting for that talent to develop and then adding to it. Not only has he had less than 12 months on the job; it's not the right time to start bringing in difference makers yet anyway.

Anyways, in other news, tonight didn't go very well.

I was unable to watch the game due to work but it looks like I didn't miss much. Outshot almost 4 to 1. Wow that's really bad. Like I said before this team is by far the worst in the league I just don't understand how San Jose didn't even show up to play us. Carolina needs to start winning and pulling away because it's becoming only a two team race. I want to be guarnteed at least Eichel and don't trust this stupid lottery system they have especially since all 14 non playoff teams have a shot at the first pick. When I bought my tickets for the games in Anaheim and Los Angeles before the season I actually thought they would be better but after watching the first few games on TV and those two games live this team is worse than last year. I'm just wondering after Nolan said it was like an Nhl team playing a pee wee squad if his team has given up on him. I know their not good but I wonder if the team is like telling Ted a &uck You with the effort they have been giving just like the Caps did with Broudeau.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Nolan gets another season if the tank is going forward after this year. I'm not impressed, but if he is in on the tank, they may keep him all 3 years. Or maybe waiting to throw money at Babcock.

I wouldn't mind throwing money at Babcock, he's won a cup and has consistently done well.

I feel bad for Girgs, he's the lonliest number out there

I wouldn't mind throwing money at Babcock, he's won a cup and has consistently done well.

Heard a rumor today that Toronto is all in for Babcock next year. Whoever was spinning it was saying they clearly see him re joining with Shanahan.

Personally I cant get used to former player Shanahan becoming Shanaban becoming the guy in T.O. but I see the connection. I also think it might get GMTM or EL PEGUAL'S attention as well.

So glad i was working and missed all but 5 minutes while grabbing a coffee, it's gotten to the point where I forgot they played tonight until I got in the lounge and saw the game, I usually record them and try to avoid the score until I can watch it, I just don't care and its 10 games in..... I have tix to Boston this week and Detroit next week, I like going to games, but man I hate when all those bruins fans get to taunt all game as we suck the air out of planet druidia

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.