GDT 10/25/2014: Sabres at San Jose Sharks 4PM EST MSG B, WGR

Brawndo

I think this is the game where goaltending falls apart. San Jose while their W-L record is pedestrian early in the season, is an offensive juggernaut.

San Jose 8 Buffalo 1.

Especially coming off a 3 game losing streak, the Snarks will be out for bear. Gonna be a long night for the boys in b&g.

26 Matt Moulson – 65 Brian Flynn – 80 Chris Stewart

82 Marcus Foligno – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford

17 Torrey Mitchell – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 23 Sam Reinhart – 8 Cody McCormick

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers

6 Mike Weber – 41 Andrej Meszaros

61 Andre Benoit – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

1 Jhonas Enroth

34 Michal Neuvirth

Reinhart should be playing on the top f*cking line. They couldn't possibly do any worse than a top line with Brian Flynn. What a joke.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Ted Nolan, you suck!

I can't wait until we have a coach who doesn't have a philosophy of "Hey guys, don't shoot...ever! And goalie, whoever you are, go make 60 saves. Maybe we'll get a tie..."

The kid isn't ready. I agree it's stupid to throw him on the 4th line and give him only 5-7 minutes a game. Just seems like a waste. His positioning is good and he can read the play but he's not strong enough and doesn't assert himself enough. He gets the puck and it's off his stick ASAP which is fine but as a team that drafted u as a top two center for the future u would think he would carry the puck more and explode skating wise instead of playing hot potato. He's not ready and I wouldn't call up Grigs at all. The goal is to tank for the top 2 players no need to change that now. Kaleta and Flynn can be used instead. Give Grigs more time in Rochester being the man and playing with Armia. I don't call him up until injuries start piling up and I call up Larson first. Do u know how many Sabres fans I met in Cali that talked about it's all about McDavid and Eichel.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I'm not really expecting wins at this point but at least try and develop the players you have. The 4th fukcin line again ? Nolan is obviously coaching for his job where wins are paramount. Ted you're not going to win many games this year. Try something innovative? Give Samson some minutes before you send him down.

Nolan's strategy for developing Reinhart (or, more accurately, his lack of a strategy) is embarrassing. I'm not counting on McDavid or Eichel ever playing for us, which means Reinhart could be the key player for our future. And we're completely wasting the 9 'freebie' games we get with him this year.

Is it too much to ask that we put the most important player in the organization in a position to succeed?

My biggest concern with Nolan all along has been his ability/willingness to develop the young players/prospects. In this case. specifically Zadorov, RIsto, Girgensons & Reinhart. One guy has been in the press box prior to the most recent game(Zadorov), one appears to be be up and down(Risto), one would be fine no matter who the coach is(Girgensons), and one is playing with 4th liners and seems destined to be banished back to juniors(Reinhart).

I'd give Nolan a grade of D+ in this regard, and the grade is still slipping.

I like Nolan but don't expect him here for long. In another year or so Murray will bring in his own coach.

My biggest concern with Nolan all along has been his ability/willingness to develop the young players/prospects. In this case. specifically Zadorov, RIsto, Girgensons & Reinhart. One guy has been in the press box prior to the most recent game(Zadorov), one appears to be be up and down(Risto), one would be fine no matter who the coach is(Girgensons), and one is playing with 4th liners and seems destined to be banished back to juniors(Reinhart).

I'd give Nolan a grade of D+ in this regard, and the grade is still slipping.

Girgensons is a really good player on a $hit team. I watched him closely on every shift in Cali and he just does it all. Hits, skates hard, blocks shots, reading the play, he's going to be captain or assistant captain sometime here in the future. The other guy that impressed me a lot is Gorges. Very good pickup.

Nolan is not the same man he was in the 90's,just as we've watched ruff calm his emotions and mannerisms through the years, nolan has also done the same.... I see no fire from him and I sure as hell don't see a team on the ice with fire either.... Yes we don't have talent, and it's a rebuild and tank and blah blah.... Fact is, it's hockey, if you can't score, then be tough, at least a little. Go all slapshot on the other guys..... But then I look and see Ennis, Gionta and other little guys, and then the ilk if Hodgson and company that wouldnt get angry if you slapped their mothers. I do believe nolan is failing as a coach this time around, even with the short deck he has been given.

I have not watched the majority of the games, but I just noticed this on nhl.com...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152BUFSASALL&sort=powerPlayTimeOnIce&viewName=timeOnIce

Mezsaros & Benoit have double & triple the amount of PP TOI that Risto has, and Reinhart doesn't have a SECOND of PP TOI. WTF!

I have not watched the majority of the games, but I just noticed this on nhl.com...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152BUFSASALL&sort=powerPlayTimeOnIce&viewName=timeOnIce

Mezsaros & Benoit have double & triple the amount of PP TOI that Risto has, and Reinhart doesn't have a SECOND of PP TOI. WTF!

Yup, Ted Nolan.

http://www.nhl.com/i...wName=timeOnIce

Wouldn't you think that maybe if Reinhart had some success on the PP, that it might be a confidence boost?

You know what send Zadorov and Reinhart back to juniors, send Risto back to Rochester, and call up Ellis and Luke Adam.

Wouldn't you think that maybe if Reinhart had some success on the PP, that it might be a confidence boost?

You know what send Zadorov and Reinhart back to juniors, send Risto back to Rochester, and call up Ellis and Luke Adam.

That would complete the tank for the year. Risto is fine. I like how he's developing but I have to agree give the kid some power play time to see what he can do.

Neuvirth in net, Reinhart in for Zad, Hodgson back to wing

Foligno at center

Oh Dear God

Nolan shaking things up after 8 games. How much weirder are these shake-ups going to get 16, 24, 32, etc. games into the season?

Unrelated: I really love the Sharks uniforms and basically always have. Teal works for hockey for some reason. It's also awesome that an expansion team picked a look in 1991 and basically stuck with it for 20+ years. The Sharks always look like the Sharks even when they introduce new uniforms.

Nice to see Reinhart continue to be wasted between two fourth line wingers that can't do anything for his game at this level. He should be between Stewart and Foligno instead. Nolan continues to show why he's in over his head.

GO BILLS!!!

Nolan shaking things up after 8 games. How much weirder are these shake-ups going to get 16, 24, 32, etc. games into the season?

Unrelated: I really love the Sharks uniforms and basically always have. Teal works for hockey for some reason. It's also awesome that an expansion team picked a look in 1991 and basically stuck with it for 20+ years. The Sharks always look like the Sharks even when they introduce new uniforms.

Nolan's an idiot. As psyched as I was by his return, I'm that much more disappointed now. They aren't motivated, he doesn't do Xs and Os, and for all his talk, I don't think he has a clue about developing young players. How many regulation wins does he have in last 30 games? Something like one? Is that correct?

He's a lousy coach and no amount of nostalgia is gonna change that.

GO SABRES!!!

What in the world is this obsession with Foligno at center. Rolston tried it, Nolan tried it...and now Nolan's trying it again.

Is it because Hodgson just isn't working there and they just don't have another option at center? Foligno is a winger IMO

Nice to see Reinhart continue to be wasted between two fourth line wingers that can't do anything for his game at this level. He should be between Stewart and Foligno instead. Nolan continues to show why he's in over his head.

GO BILLS!!

Nolan's an idiot. As psyched as I was by his return, I'm that much more disappointed now. They aren't motivated, he doesn't do Xs and Os, and for all his talk, I don't think he has a clue about developing young players. How many regulation wins does he have in last 30 games? Something like one? Is that correct?

He's a lousy coach and no amount of nostalgia is gonna change that.

GO SABRES!!!

I think they are playing hard it's the total lack of talent that's the problem

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.