Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 3/26.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      74 46 20  8 100 116 16 11   10 19.8

Arizona      75 45 22  8  96 110 14 15   21 13.0

Edmonton     74 40 21 13  93 109 16 18   24 12.2

Toronto      75 42 27  6  90 104 14 21       9.5

Carolina     73 36 27 10  82 100 18 29       8.3

Columbus     73 35 34  4  74  92 18 --       6.8

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/26 in PM

Tough to give away the point, but the march does continue. If Sabres go 5-3-0, they will clinch (they'll still hold the tiebreaker).

BJ's & Eulers only teams in action Friday night.

Edited by Taro T

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/26 (16 days left in the regular season)

Toronto - 4
Edmonton - 10
Arizona - 11

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Columbus, Carolina - Clinched

Carolina clinched tonight.
Current worst case: 8.5% (5th place) in the lottery

How's everyone feeling about our chances? I have been feeling really good obviously, especially with a 6 and 7 point lead with 8 games left. However, being a Buffalo sports fan, you always consider the worst possibilities. 

I feel better about it, but we're not out of the woods yet.   ARI (and EDM) have difficult schedules down the stretch while BUF plays ARI, CBJ, TOR and CAR.   I could see BUF getting at most another 10 NHL points, unlikely, but possible if a goalie heats up?    

The second ARI game is just as important as the first was.    Ennis' status is also a huge deal.   I love the guy and don't want him hurt, but it will help if he misses the next 2 games.

How's everyone feeling about our chances? I have been feeling really good obviously, especially with a 6 and 7 point lead with 8 games left. However, being a Buffalo sports fan, you always consider the worst possibilities.

Not doing my 'Ooh, ahh, ...' chant till it's over. But it would take an epic collapse to screw it up now. They can win 3 of 8 even if the Yotes and Eulers lose out. Any points those 2 gain give the Sabres even more of a buffer. Too bad Gionta scored late or they could've been able to go 0.500 w/ no issues and no external help necessary.